FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish you nothing but luck my friend! Let us know how you get on!

Thanks friend. After Rooney played 4 matches and get injured, he has not scored for 4 matches although he did make two assists. Is this the side effect of having not play due to injury?

Anyone experience the same things?

No offence Adiee but you could've got alot more for Rafael, Camacho and Fabregas. I got £40m off R.Madrid and bids of £50m for Camacho. Then again, not like you need the money with that team xD

My team on the other hand - very attack minded xD. Like 11 of the first team of 20 are wingers, attackin mids or striker.

Frankly, they're all brilliant. Just thrashed Everton 7-0, with Benzema and Rossi bagging two each, Messi getting one and even Camacho and Srna scoring, so goals allround. It's amazing that its good enough to have Rooney, Ronaldo, Vidic, Azpilicuenta, Hamsik, Balotelli and Alexis Sanchez on the bench xD

Yeah you're right. With Rafael, I didn't really want to let him go, and only Spurs (who he's been on loan at all season) were putting bids in for him. Then Newcastle came along with a £15m bid which David Gill accepted as he deemed it a too good an offer to refuse...idiot!

With regards to Camacho, I think it was down to the fact he'd hardly played all season, thus his value not being anywhere near what you got for him, and plus, I wasn't too bothered as long as it was more than what I paid for him.

Same with Fabregas to be honest. Although I actually think I should've kept him as I have changed my formation from a 4-2-2-2 to a 3-3-2-2 - thus using more midfielders!!!

God knows how you're going to keep all your players happy haha! I do not envy you!!

Oh, and Adiee.

When you posted that screenie of your team, how did you get it to show you current ability alongside things like goals, avr. rating, assists and the like? I can't do it. >_<

It's because of the skin I'm using. Can't remember the exact but it's something like 'Midas' - Google it and you should find it. You'll notice another thing by using this skin - it's alot easier!!

aidee what skin are you using and how can i get it ?

Hey mate, as mentioned above, it's something like 'Midas', I'm at work now so I cannot check for sure but it's not too far wrong. Google it and you should find it.

Can i see Welbeck stats ;)

Won't be able to post screens at the mo, at work and am away from home for the week I'm afraid.

naga2507 'If you dont mind can u post your tactics?'

IIRC I played a 4-2-3-1 in that game with Welbeck as the lone striker. Full backs pushing forward and the wide men with pretty much the freedom to do what they want. Think I had passing as short as possible and tempo as quick as possible.

On another note I noticed Akinfeev's contract was expiring so put in a £6m bid which was rejected by CSKA. He then threw a strop and I bid the same amount and it was accepted. I then offered Foster for £6m and one club took the bait - CSKA! Effectively I've swapped Foster for Akinfeev which may be the best bit of business I've managed in FM09.

Renan had been my number 1 and he's just been capped by Brazil so I've got two World Class goalies now.

andersonv.jpg

How is Anderson coming along in your games? So far he is looking very good for me. On previous saves I have sold him for around 30M each time but he is just getting better and better at the moment. I may cash in on seem later in the future but for now he is looking very good.

This screenshot was taken on December 2009

Having a little trouble with my strikers getting injured at the moment. I'm in the January Transfer window with not much cash to spend due to my fairly large spending in the summer. But I found that Adriano has an expiring contract at Inter! Ive snapped him up on a free which I'm very happy about. He will come in useful as a very good back-up. Proven goal scorer :) Lovely.

guys, i just started a new game with man utd

5 games into the season and

ive won the community shield and super cup on penalties

im sitting 14th position with 1 win, 2 draws and 2 losses

including a 2 - 0 loss to west brom

all my team have been playing horribly, only 1 goal in 7 games so far, and it was a penalty

any ideas what tactics or strats i could/should be using to win?

cheers.

Here are my tactics for home and away matches, and the formation I use with arrows.

[HOME]

tacticshome.jpg

[AWAY]

tacticsaway.jpg

[FORMATION]

positionsa.jpg

I am in my 2nd season and have used these throughout. Won the league and champions league in the first season and currently won 17 games in the league, drawn 4 and lost 0. So far so good.

But what transfers have you made? That is vital as well. Let us know!

How is Anderson coming along in your games? So far he is looking very good for me. On previous saves I have sold him for around 30M each time but he is just getting better and better at the moment. I may cash in on seem later in the future but for now he is looking very good.

Hi Matty, Anderson is doing great in my game. Best midfielder United have at the start of the game in my opinion. What patch are you using? Think his finishing and long shots have been toned down in later versions.

adding on to my last post

Transfers In:

L. Diarra

A. Sanchez

S. Giovinco

M. Fernandez

Transfers Out:

D. Fletcher

T. Kuczcak

Not bad signings there.

Next season you will need to strengthen the defence. Buy a young promising CB and try and buy a world class RB. Also you will need a world-class GK for next season as well since Van Der Sar is too old.

My signings for these positions were as follows:

CB - Sakho

RB - Diarra

GK - Akinfeev

Not bad signings there.

Next season you will need to strengthen the defence. Buy a young promising CB and try and buy a world class RB. Also you will need a world-class GK for next season as well since Van Der Sar is too old.

My signings for these positions were as follows:

CB - Sakho

RB - Diarra

GK - Akinfeev

Akinfeev looks promising on my save... You think I will need to buy a new keeper after the (first) season? Or can Foster do the job?

Akinfeev looks promising on my save... You think I will need to buy a new keeper after the (first) season? Or can Foster do the job?

Well to me Ben Foster is not world-class and Man Utd are a world-class team. I feel the best GK you can get is essential for any team.

Akinfeev cost me 21.5M and I think he is well worth the money. In his first season with me he came 2nd in Europe's Goal Keeper of the Year award and he is only 23!

Well to me Ben Foster is not world-class and Man Utd are a world-class team. I feel the best GK you can get is essential for any team.

Akinfeev cost me 21.5M and I think he is well worth the money. In his first season with me he came 2nd in Europe's Goal Keeper of the Year award and he is only 23!

Yeah you're right. Foster is not world-class... van der saar is getting a bit old and he could retire after this season. I have made an offer for Akinfev, and another keeper, Sergio Ajseno, hopefully I will get one of them :)

If you get both Akinfeev and Asenjo then look to off load Ben Foster. Asenjo will make perfect back-up for Akinfeev. If you don't get Asenjo then Foster is still a reliable back-up

Well I can't afford both Akinfeev and Asjeno atm, I need to get a RB after this season also.

But I think I will keep Foster as a back-up and have Akinfeev/Asenjo as number one.

Woho! I won the Champions League finale against Liverpool! 2-0 and Wes Brown (!) scored both goals! A nice solo goal and a header from a freekick :)

After this I won't sell Brown :D

Now the season has ended! My first season was great. Looking forward too next season now:)

season1.jpg

Great season there Tom, well done!

Looks as though Eto'o has been an inspired signing!

Thank you!

I didn't think I would win everything so I'm really happy:) I knew that I would probably win Club World Championchip and Euro. Super cup, and I knew that I had a good chance to win the PL, but I didn't expect to win CL, the FA Cup and the league cup aswell:D

Don't know if I can reapet this next season...

Yes Eto'o has been great! 20 assist + 40 goals! Rooney did not score as much as I hoped he would, 20 goals and 10 assist, but I think he can improve in the next season!

What I find funny is that I didn't get a single red card :D ...and Vidic got about 45% of all my yellow card! hehe

Good season there mate, looks like my united one last season :)

Hey Joseph!

Thank you :)

What season are you in now?

---

I have a quick question. Akinfeev might be a little too expensve for me, same with Asenjo. Has anyone played with Arutur Boruc? He is older but looks good and is definitly cheaper than Akinfeev and Asenjo.... Boruc is 29, 10 years younger than van der Saar, and Boruc I think can be a top keeper for 5-6 years atleast?

I have a quick question. Akinfeev might be a little too expensve for me, same with Asenjo. Has anyone played with Arutur Boruc? He is older but looks good and is definitly cheaper than Akinfeev and Asenjo.... Boruc is 29, 10 years younger than van der Saar, and Boruc I think can be a top keeper for 5-6 years atleast?

Boruc would be a good option, although his natural fitness and pace would be a worry. Go for Akinfeev!

I don't think Asenjo is consistantly good. I ended up selling him after three seasons of mediocre performances to Man City. Might bring in Akinfeev.

In other news, bagged Paloshi for £2.5m off Inter and Santon... £30m. I know, could've got him early for a few million, but I got into playing Rafael as my 2nd hand right back. Oh well. Srna will become 2nd hand right back in Jan and Santon can take over. Still young.

corner bug? ;)

Nah it's not. Most of them have been from open play!

Pique looks really really good! 9 goals in 16 matches is pretty good!

Pique is amazing!! Only play 3 at the back, Dani Alves and Fabian Monzon being the other 2. Scored more than Benzema!

Pique is amazing!! Only play 3 at the back, Dani Alves and Fabian Monzon being the other 2. Scored more than Benzema!

Do you play like 3-5-2 ? :)

---

I just bought Pique btw! 14m. Hehe, I just had to buy him when I saw you screenshot :)

I think I'm done with the transfers in this window now.

Out:

Owen - 5m Euro - West Ham.

Gibson - 4,5m - Hull.

Johnny Evans - 9m - Helsingborg

Foster - 5,25m - At. Madrid

Simpson - 3m - Hull.

(and some youth players for a totalt of 1,5m)

In:

Azpilicueta - 22m - Osasuna.

Pique - 14m - Barcelona.

Asenjo - 9m - At. Madrid.

Laurito - 1,2m - Udinese.

Archived