FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might sell Rooney. When he plays, he's crap. Play him as target man, playmaker, AMC, AML, AMR, ST, CF - nothing works with him. Gets about 15 goals at best in all comps.

Balotelli is already at 9 in 16 games and it's only November.

Any ideas how much I should look to make out of Rooney? Perhaps a swap for Fabregas and/or Vela?

Perhaps I'm playing him wrong, but with Benzema, Aguero, Balotelli, Messi, Ronaldo, Rossi, Douglas Costa and Alexis Sanchez - not like I'd miss him xD

I might sell for £60m, then try and bring in Torres or Villa.

Perhaps I'm playing him wrong, but with Benzema, Aguero, Balotelli, Messi, Ronaldo, Rossi, Douglas Costa and Alexis Sanchez - not like I'd miss him xD

I might sell for £60m, then try and bring in Torres or Villa.

Man that's ridiculous haha! If you bring in Torres or Villa then surely you're going to have the same problem, no?

I'd sell D.C and A.S!

Tom: You say that Rooney can't score, yet you're playing him on the left-wing? Shove him up front, or behind Eto'o and Villa - he will get goals mate!

Great batch of youngsters you have out on loan. What are your plans for them once they return?

Hi Adiee!

I did play Rooney up front in a 442, for 34 league-matches last season, and he only scored 6 goals :( And this season I did play him as a striker also in the first 3-4 matches - but no goals (he also missed a penalty!)...so that's why I signed David Villa... Rooney looks decent on the left wing. I will of course play him as a striker occasionally, but so far Villa and Eto'o produce goals when playing as strikers - and Rooney does not :(

My plans for the youngsters.. Hm.. Well I hope Fabio can replace Evra in a few years... Schneiderlin looks very promising. I think he can be a good CM in 2 years... And hopefully one of Laurito, Fleck and Welbeck will be world-class :)

Is Rooney crap on everyones game other than mine?! I find it bizarre!

If yuo're going to sell him, I suggest nothing below £60m :D

Many people said Rooney is crap and fed up with him but he works well for me too. He will play the best as a creative striker.

I'm looking to get in Veloso for my 3rd season. Hopefully will get him, just depends how much they want!

Wow not until the 3rd season, snatch him up as quickly as possible before he cost more than 15m. Unsettle him even you have not enough money now lol.

Has anyone here bought Christian Rodriguez? I bought him for 30m. He costs a lot but his stats convince me to gamble 30m for him. And of course he is good but unluckily he needs to compete with Alexis Sanchez, Nani and Ronaldo in my team.

1st knew him from his goal during Man Utd against Porto.

Man that's ridiculous haha! If you bring in Torres or Villa then surely you're going to have the same problem, no?

I'd sell D.C and A.S!

The problem isn't overcrowding on attacking players as much as I want quality players who when they play, show how good they are.

I will sell Costa in the summer - just god damn awful for me. Played like 15 games on the trot - still unhappy, so he can go away.

I'm keeping Sanchez though. One of my favourite players even if he doesn't score much, he's like Fletcher (who I wish I'd kept).

I'm gonna sell Zapata, Anderson, Costa, Rooney and Marcelo. Which means I'll need to bring in another MC/AMC and LB.

Has anyone here bought Christian Rodriguez? I bought him for 30m. He costs a lot but his stats convince me to gamble 30m for him. And of course he is good but unluckily he needs to compete with Alexis Sanchez, Nani and Ronaldo in my team.

1st knew him from his goal during Man Utd against Porto.

Hmm. Not so good physical stats. Good for an Aston Villa or Tottenham, but not for Man Utd I don't think.

Very nice regen there :)

My 2nd season is coming to a close. 6 games remaining. I thought arsenal were going to take it home but once again they have started to fall at the end. They have no lost 3 and drawn 3 where I have only drawn 5 and lost 0 :) With Veloso hopefully in my squad in the summer all I can see Utd doing is better next season... woop :D Unless some really good regens come out and other teams start buying them.

Will have to start searching around now. Hehe

I recommend looking around Brazil and Argentina. They get regens in January, yet you can only have them when their 18 - kinda annoying.

Same as Mexico..If only I could get hold of Martin Galvan when he is 15/16 boy he will turn out to be a monster

Was I right to let this guy go? He's a regen - one of my first. I have a £3.5m buy-back clause.. so not sure what to do. He's doing v.well at Sunderland.

cox.png

Nah let him go. He will do well for Sunderland but not for United. United are world-class. He isn't :p

Wow I just had the most nail biting 2nd leg to the semi final of the champions league!

acmilan31manutd.jpg

First leg at home I won easily, 2-0. Totally dominated the game.

2nd leg however was far different! Did not get off to a great start what so ever with being a goal down within 2 mins. Soon after half time they were 3-0 and I was looking as though I was heading out of the champions league. Made a few changes (ended up with 4-3-3). Both of us were hitting the woodwork so many times! Each team had a goal disallowed. But thankfully Ambrosini gifted us a goal on the 82th min!

Yay! Wish me luck

Coming towards the end of the 3rd season and we've only lost two games (WBA away in the LC when they scored twice in the last five minutes against my youth team and Chelsea in the league) the problem is Arsenal haven't lost at all in the league which is stupidly annoying so we probably won't catch them now, although they still have to play us, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea so haven't totally given up hope.

Barcelona to play in the quarters of the CL after we thrashed Milan 6-0 on agg and Everton in the FA Cup semis.

My fourth season has started brilliantly. I'm 9 points ahead of Arsenal who are second in the league. I won 6 out of 6 in the champions league and I've reached league cup semifinals.

Best of all Chelsea are floundering in 10th place and Liverpool in 7th. Also Arsenal aren't winning all their games this year.

Does the game become easy after a couple of seasons? Till this season winning was a huge struggle but this season it seems easy.

Liverpool seems to be doing very well in the weegie's update..Topping the table with mancity in my game...In 9.3.0 they sucked badly

Rooney only had 2 goals in all competitions until now, he's injured for 1 month+ and his stats are dropping..Planning to sell him for Benzema~

Aguero has 14/15 goals in 11 matches :D including 2 hat tricks in the last 2 games

Archived