FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

Campbells: Yeah Veloso is a monster! What season are you in now? Mind posting a screenie?

Heres veloso, i sold him to porto last summer who managed to double their money in january and sell to inter. Im not happy, as i chose porto because they arent a threat and are portuguese.

Veloso

-------------------------------------

Yeh heres a wee update, well probably quite a big one actually not done this in a while :p

I usually try to have quite a young squad, this generation is perhaps coming to the end of its fantastic era, as you can see i have never sold Rooney or Ronaldo. Vidic, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, VDS all retired at the club, these were the rocks my current squad were built on as juniors.

The next generation of manchester united superstars are currently at the u18 stage, i fully expect them to fullfill their potential as between 5-7 shall be taking up semi regular first team football for me at the end of the season and into next. The rest shall be loaned out to numerous well placed feeders depending on current quality.

My squad is currently quite english/italian heavy, they tend to go through stages depending on where i have been manager of (internationals), having been a reasonably succesful spain manager my squad too a heavy influence from it, and more recently from my italian days (unsuccessful :@). Currently im manager of an aging brazil squad so will not be looking to bring in any of these players, perhaps with one/two exceptions.

Squad

Tactics

Goals This Season

League

League History

Champs Cup History

Now for some of my gems that are still at the club. If you want to know more about their history and previous clubs just ask and ill post them up...

Marco Negrello (Italian)

David Gray (Scottish)

Martyn McNeil (Scottish)

Neills DeHaan (Dutch)

Michel Brouwers (Dutch)

Danny Berry (English)

Michele Carletti (Italian)

The league has always been my main goal every single season, does it show? Most seasons i have been run close, usually by arsenal but man city and tottenham have also challenged. This season was looking like a walk in the park haveing won my first 12 games, but now im 7 points behind, not cool.

With a young squad i tend to struggle in Europe as they dont seem to handle the massive amounts of games or the pressure in the later rounds as well as i would like. This has caused several defeats usually against top teams but i have had a few shockers like everyone else.

Cups are cups, in both FA and League cups i played my youngest possible 11 with experience on the bench, and was successful, although in last 2 seasons bolton have eliminated me in both. Ah well, cant win them all right :p

Cant think what else to write at the moment, hopefully you enjoyed my long post, if you ahev any questions just ask.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My second season has just finished.. and what a season it was! Here are my winnings:

League:

Man Utd W:32 D:6 L:0 Pts:102

Arsenal W:28 D:6 L:4 Pts:90

Man City W:24 D:7 L:7 Pts:79

Chelsea W:19 D:11 L:8 Pts:68

Huge gaps in the points this year in the league! Arsenal were doing very well at the start, but failed towards the end of the season. I'm very happy with losing no games and only conceding 15 goals.

Club World Cup Champ.

Man Utd 4 - 0 Shenhua

Was only one out come here really. Still, pleased with the 4-0 win.

Champions Cup

Barcelona 1 - 2 Man Utd

Went a goal down fairly early but managed to pull out the win. Lovely stuff!

Euro Super Cup

Man Utd 3 - 0 Liverpool

Loved this victory over my rivals! Liverpool came 6th in the league overall so it was a justified win.

FA Cup

Man Utd 3 - 1 Arsenal

Last game of the season and very happy that ive kicked Arsenal when they are down! 2-0 within 7 mins so was an easy victory. Was able to put on some young players to give them a feel of an FA Cup final.

Community Sheild

Man Utd 3 - 0 Arsenal

Was the first game of the season and it was a sign of things to come. Arsneal though however bounced back up after this result and got a lot of straight wins under their belt at the start of the season

Overall

Fantastic season. Couldn't of asked for much more really. Ive made sure that I have kept the core part of the squad together as I have only replaced two positions that go into my starting 11 in two seasons. That would be the GK of course for one. Akinfeev came in for Van Der Sar and my RB position. Diarra came in for Neville. I was not too sure whether Diarra would play best here but he showed me that he could by finishing with the best Average rating in the league with 7.39, and was my most consistent performer.

Heres veloso, i sold him to porto last summer who managed to double their money in january and sell to inter. Im not happy, as i chose porto because they arent a threat and are portuguese.

Veloso

Yeh heres a wee update, well probably quite a big one actually not done this in a while :p

I usually try to have quite a young squad, this generation is perhaps coming to the end of its fantastic era, as you can see i have never sold Rooney or Ronaldo. Vidic, Ferdinand, Giggs, Scholes, VDS all retired at the club, these were the rocks my current squad were built on as juniors.

The next generation of manchester united superstars are currently at the u18 stage, i fully expect them to fullfill their potential as between 5-7 shall be taking up semi regular first team football for me at the end of the season and into next. The rest shall be loaned out to numerous well placed feeders depending on current quality.

My squad is currently quite english/italian heavy, they tend to go through stages depending on where i have been manager of (internationals), having been a reasonably succesful spain manager my squad too a heavy influence from it, and more recently from my italian days (unsuccessful :@). Currently im manager of an aging brazil squad so will not be looking to bring in any of these players, perhaps with one/two exceptions.

Squad

Tactics

Goals This Season

League

League History

Champs Cup History

Now for some of my gems that are still at the club. If you want to know more about their history and previous clubs just ask and ill post them up...

Marco Negrello (Italian)

David Gray (Scottish)

Martyn McNeil (Scottish)

Neills DeHaan (Dutch)

Michel Brouwers (Dutch)

Danny Berry (English)

The league has always been my main goal every single season, does it show? Most seasons i have been run close, usually by arsenal but man city and tottenham have also challenged. This season was looking like a walk in the park haveing won my first 12 games, but now im 7 points behind, not cool.

With a young squad i tend to struggle in Europe as they dont seem to handle the massive amounts of games or the pressure in the later rounds as well as i would like. This has caused several defeats usually against top teams but i have had a few shockers like everyone else.

Cups are cups, in both FA and League cups i played my youngest possible 11 with experience on the bench, and was successful, although in last 2 seasons bolton have eliminated me in both. Ah well, cant win them all right :p

Cant think what else to write at the moment, hopefully you enjoyed my long post, if you ahev any questions just ask.

Wow! Thats one incredible game. I had a long game like that in 08 but in 09 it takes too long to complete one season. You must have played a long time to reach 2020.

Those regens are incredible. Did any of the original youth players at United make it into your first team? I have tried but only Rafael succeeded in reaching the starting XI.

Congrats on the great career. I hope I can do something like that in FM10.

Yay! Ive just been appointed Brazil's Manager after they failed to get through the group stages of the world cup. I'm so happy about this as its just after my 2nd season! Can't wait to play some games with Brazil!

brazilmanager.jpg

Now if I do well with Brazil, this will give me the edge of buying top Brazilian stars as they should like me :)

hi guys im about to start a new game with united on cromscotts's update when its released later today, who do you guys recommend signing i like my wingers cuttin in a grabbing goals so i need to replace ronaldo as nani can do that from the left, also could do with a rb to replace neville an a gk as vds only good for a season

Sidnv: This is actually the second time ive reached 2020. I had to go back to a backup after i lost 3 seasons worth from the original save. Rafael was really the only one that came close, i used him regualarly for two seasons but never developed into the player i hoped he would become. Btw im at 19 days and 5 hours, although its more like 25hours with time i lost. But i do other things like play fifa sometimes when i am FMing.

@MattyBoy: Your second name wouldnt happen to be Pierce would it??

I haven't done much too it yet as my first match for them is some way off. But I can see why Brazil didn't get through the group stage of the world-cup. Many many decent players were not in the squad for some reason, namely Kaka...! Strange

Ive just had my first match, was a friendly against Mexico, in my mind a team we should have beaten reasonably easily. Drew 1-1 with Pato scoring, i had several debutants in my squad trying to shake things up, all played well but didnt quite have that cutting edge required.

Why shouldn't I sell Rooney? He's crap. Even a 7 month injured Rossi has more goals and he hasnt played for three months. I'm gonna go for £70m if I can as 25% goes to Everton. Frankly with Balotelli on 18 in 21 games, Messi and Ronaldo putting in a few, Benzema top of the Prem goal scorers and Aguero 2nd in top 10 goal scorers - I dont need the waste of wages.

I agree, Man Utd without Rooney is not right - but oh well, sacrafices need to be made.

Veloso

Squad

Tactics

Goals This Season

League

League History

Champs Cup History

Marco Negrello (Italian)

David Gray (Scottish)

Martyn McNeil (Scottish)

Neills DeHaan (Dutch)

Michel Brouwers (Dutch)

Danny Berry (English)

Wow!! Great post there mate! Appreciate you putting time into that. Great record in the both PL and CL! Liverpool and Real Madrid's record have been obliterated!!! Great regens there also!

I must ask, what skin is that?

I have 2 offers for Evra. He is 30 years old.

76m $ outright and 146m $ of which 35 m is outright and 111 m is over 24 months. The choice looks obvious but would in 2nd case the entire money be added to transfer budget? Which should I do?

Hmm. Four clubs to choose from for a feeder.

Tranmere

Saudi-Arabian club

Columbian club

Peruvian club

Only Tranmere is a loan deal - other three are "secure youngsters from" type of clubs - in other words not much. >_<

Dunno what to choose

Ugh, found another good regen striker.

sventan.png

Wish I could find a good midfielder or defender. My game seems to only make good goalkeepers and strikers >_<

looks like a good regen i can never seem to find any decent ones on my saves, did he start off like that or has he improved over the years

looks like a good regen i can never seem to find any decent ones on my saves, did he start off like that or has he improved over the years

Surprisingly he started off like that I think. Only his 2nd year in the game. Only saw him when I had a gander through the Dutch clubs for regens.

Yeah it seems that no matter where the scouts are sent, the knowledge doesn't really improve much.

I've asked the board in the past to negotiate link-ups with Ajaz, Boca and Sao Paulo, funnily enough, but nothing was able to come of them.

In January 2012, Juventus have made a bid of £10m for Douglas Costa with £40m after 1 international appearance....

Should I accept, or reject??

i have bought this guy a fair few times now, and hes never preformed that well for me, if hes in the international set up i would accecpt that everyone has there price and i think thats a good offer mate

Archived