FM2009 - Official Manchester United Thread - The Home of the Champions

manu legend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE: Well, with my 45 minute wonder tactic, throughout the season at Man Utd. I have managed to record a historic treble!

To Summarise my trophys:

Premier League

Champions League

FA Cup

European Super cup

World Club Championship

Charity Shield

Here is my final league position, followed by the overview screen, team selection screen and fixture list.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2718/00finalleaguestandingssd4.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/6483/00manageroverviewtf1.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/83/00teamselectionns6.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/553/00finalfixturesas2.jpg

Now I am going to enjoy my success and strengthen the team.

This season I have signed.

Players in

Ciro Volane (great regen gk)

Eirik Minde (great rb Regen)

Ignacio Camacho - £19 million

Giovani Dos Santos - £12.5 million

Robinho - £41 million

PLayers out

Hargreaves £24.5 mill

Manucho £5 mill

Lee Martin £2 mill

Looking good so far

I've been using the Queiroz formation that comes in the download, but it doesn't seem to get the best out of Rooney, Tevez or Berbatov. Would like them to contribute alot more to my team in terms of performance and goals. In Feb now and Rooney has 15 so too does Berbatov and tevez has 13, Ronaldo though has 24 so at least i'm not struggling for goals overall but i would prefer my forwards to be more prolific

I bet Arsenal love you!

How much did you pay for Buffon? I'm looking to bring in a GK until my regen is good enough for the first team. Looked at Aenjo, not as good as Foster it seems. Loris is too expensive, I'm currently going for Kameni who looks a good bet.

I paid, £44 million and was suprised that he was interested in coming when I got my scout report back. I think its because my nationality is Italian that could be the reason. Arsenal are the only team I struggle to beat on here. Really have to grind out a narrow result against them.

gah. can you edit that post so we havent got pictures that stretch the thread width to that equal to the great wall of china! :s

Your wish is my command.

If anyone is struggling with tactics, I shall navigate you to my tactic that I posted in the tactics section which I did a Treble with.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=67355

i want to see ur tactics and ur team instruction :)

You can download the actual tactic and put it in your game, edit it and do whatever you want if you follow that. Each instructions are different as well as the team instructions. So I wont be doing 12 individual screenshots when you can download the tactic and see for yourself ;)

You can download the actual tactic and put it in your game, edit it and do whatever you want if you follow that. Each instructions are different as well as the team instructions. So I wont be doing 12 individual screenshots when you can download the tactic and see for yourself ;)

great, can you provide link to download?

btw, i think u playing FM, but i have WWSM, do you think it matters?

Just in pre season no. 1.

Only sold Fletcher so far to City for £15m.

Intending to sell Park but no sweat if I don't as he's a useful utility player.

I have had a huge upheaval of staff though and my scouting / training is top notch.

I have bought just the one player - Henri Saivet.

I will not buy anybody else unless Tevez goes, he wants to go to Real (as does Vidic). I won't let Vidic go but if I can get a good price, Tevez is gone.

I will update with my progress half way through.

Any good suggestions for a GK replacement? I would prefer a young keeper.

Latest update, start of the 2009/2010 season..

INS:

Carlos Kameni - £8.5 million

Sebastien Giovinco - £8 million

Miguel Veloso - £20 million

Jack Wilshere - £3 million

OUTS:

Wayne Rooney - £37 million to Real Madrid

Carlos Tevez - £26 million to Real Madrid

Dimitar Berbatov - £30 million to, yes you guessed it...Real Madrid :)

Michael Carrick - £15.75 to Chelsea

Manucho - £5 million to Ajax

Paul Scholes - released

Edwin Van Der Sar - released

Ryan Giggs - released

It's alot of strikers to get rid of I know, but some of the performances they put in last season were shocking. Keirrison looks very encouraging, Huntelaar with a full pre-season at the club I'm confident can do even better this season, and I'm in negotations with Sergio Aguero, for just over £35 million. I'm in 2 minds to be honest..if I can find a cheaper alternative ie Benzema, Balotelli etc and they want to come I might go with them because on more than one occasion Aguero went more than 10 games without a goal last season.

INS:

Carlos Kameni - £8.5 million

Sebastien Giovinco - £8 million

Miguel Veloso - £20 million

Jack Wilshere - £3 million

OUTS:

Carlos Tevez - £26 million to Real Madrid

Dimitar Berbatov - £30 million to, yes you guessed it...Real Madrid :)

Michael Carrick - £15.75 to Chelsea

Manucho - £5 million to Ajax

Paul Scholes - released

Edwin Van Der Sar - released

Ryan Giggs - released

where u best play Veloso? instead of Carrick?

You sold all three strikers and replaced them with Kerrison and Huntelaar? Are you crazy?

No, far from it. Berbatov scored just 5 goals in 23 games. Rooney started the season well but since xmas was shocking. Tevez, I don't rate him on the game.

Huntelaar had 15 in 23 last season despite him only joining in January.

Aguero I have on his way, Keirrison is a hot young prospect..I also have Van Nistelrooy coming in on loan for a season. He had 23 in 26 in the league last season in Spain.

Huntelaar

Aguero

Van Nistelrooy

Keirrison

Campbell

Not that bad a frontline!

No, far from it. Berbatov scored just 5 goals in 23 games. Rooney started the season well but since xmas was shocking. Tevez, I don't rate him on the game.

Berbatov was that bad for you aswell then? Good, not just me. Although I still think it's a flaw in my tactic, or the game itself seeing as other top quality strikers for other teams seem to get relatively few goals too.

Hi all,

Im about to start my 2nd season with Man Utd and need your help regarding Ben Foster. How good does he develop on the game? Does he turn into a keeper of top european club quality? What is his PA and what keeper is at that level at the moment for comparison?

Just wondering whether to give him my number 1 shirt and stick with him, or buy a new keeper. Please help Cheers

Any good suggestions for a GK replacement? I would prefer a young keeper.

I can personally recommend Asenjo. Release clause of 7ish million and a wonderkid. Went straight into my first team and hasnt looked back.

OUTS:

I can understand your other sales but in my humble opinion selling Rooney is a HUGE mistake. He has the potential to be one of the very best players in the game! A season into my game and he is virtually unstoppable. Each to their own though....

I can understand your other sales but in my humble opinion selling Rooney is a HUGE mistake. He has the potential to be one of the very best players in the game! A season into my game and he is virtually unstoppable. Each to their own though....

Doesn't he miss a huge amount of 1 on 1's for you? He was always missing chances and getting low and high 5's etc. My patience ran out with him in the end.

Ok people, i have busy since FM09 came out playing tactical roulette and downloading other peoples through sheer exasperation.

But now, finally, may i present my OWN tactic. It is a 4-3-2-1 formation (Yep, the famous Mike Bassett 'Christmas Tree' formation) It is a fairly well balanced tactic i believe, i didnt create it to be especially defensive but since using it my defence has become tighter than a ducks arse.

Pics below. Please feel free to try it out for yourselves and provide constructive feedback for me.

I am especially pleased as ive finally gotten Rooney scoring.

Dont worry that its only one up top with no wingers, Ronaldo/Tevez et'al are equally comfortable in the AMC role and chip in with a fair few goals.

formationoh4.th.jpgthpix.gif

leaguetablepz9.th.jpgthpix.gif

City offered £20m after I offered him around for that much. Newcastle are sniffing so hope they'll have him instead.

I did the exact same :thup: I was just wondering if I could have got more...but Man City actually offered me 15% sell on clause too :D If Fletcher doesn't go I will cry. Also has anyone else had problems with scoring, especially with the strikers? My friends have had problems with the strikers and have had to buy new ones but still haven't had much better. Any particular instructions for the strikers?

hey i was wondering does anyone know of a good replacement for Van Der Sar?

also does anyone know when neville, giggs and scholes retire?

also how long did you keep them in regular 1st team action for?

im in my first season so no big priority yet but just thinking ahead as i always do

hey i was wondering does anyone know of a good replacement for Van Der Sar?

also does anyone know when neville, giggs and scholes retire?

also how long did you keep them in regular 1st team action for?

im in my first season so no big priority yet but just thinking ahead as i always do

Van der Sar replacement = Asenjo/Fiorillo

Im currently in 2010 and none of those three have retired yet. Wish they would though, their bloody wages need to go!

///continued...

recentresultsgv3.th.jpgthpix.gif

Tactic link

http://www.mediafire.com/?yczabsmayxa

http://www.mediafire.com/?yczabsmayxa

As previously stated, its a fairly well balanced tactic i believe and it plays some good football. I never set it up to be defensive so thats a bonus.

Feel free to test it, rape it and either praise or slaughter me as appropriate.

Hi Maverick, I am going to give your tactic a whirl as I believe after a dissapointing 1st season finishing 3rd I need to win something this year or face the sack.

Do you tweek anything if you are a goal up/goal down or chasing a game towards the end/shutting up shop 5-10 mins from the end?

Thanks.

Im currently in 2010 and none of those three have retired yet. Wish they would though, their bloody wages need to go!

lol yeah i know i just renewed Giggs contract and had to give him 30K a week, i just cant let him go, and the same with the other 2, i will ensure they see there carrers out with me

Hi Maverick, I am going to give your tactic a whirl as I believe after a dissapointing 1st season finishing 3rd I need to win something this year or face the sack.

Do you tweek anything if you are a goal up/goal down or chasing a game towards the end/shutting up shop 5-10 mins from the end?

Thanks.

Yes. If im winning, i tend to slow the tempo ang go narrower towards the end of the game to keep the ball better.. The opposite is also true if losing, although i seriously dont find this happening too often.

Feel free to impement your own tweaks and improvements and report back on them.

Good luck!

lol yeah i know i just renewed Giggs contract and had to give him 30K a week, i just cant let him go, and the same with the other 2, i will ensure they see there carrers out with me

lol, if you wait until the last chance you have to renew, in the summer. They bring their wages down to 13-14k respectably. Neville and Giggs don't want to leave and they sign for a lot less.

Need everyones advice on team selection.

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/jord86/Untitled-1.jpg

Ruud last season for Madrid scored 24 goals in 30 league games. I managed to get him in on a season long loan. Huntelaar last season for me scored 11 in 16.

One of them will partner Aguero, I'm just undecided on which one. Poor planning on my part I know. But the opportunity to bring Ruud back to Old Trafford, not even paying his wages was too good to resist :)

Also, I have Giovinco. I'm trying to figure out how to blend him into the side too..any and all advice welcomed!

Need everyones advice on team selection.

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/jord86/Untitled-1.jpg

Ruud last season for Madrid scored 24 goals in 30 league games. I managed to get him in on a season long loan. Huntelaar last season for me scored 11 in 16.

One of them will partner Aguero, I'm just undecided on which one. Poor planning on my part I know. But the opportunity to bring Ruud back to Old Trafford, not even paying his wages was too good to resist :)

Also, I have Giovinco. I'm trying to figure out how to blend him into the side too..any and all advice welcomed!

dont know if i have advice, but just wondering where did berba and rooney and tevez go?

Archived