Set Piece Goals Low Around the League?

So I'm 4 weeks into my first season in the EPL ...

So far we've had just:

1 goal in the entire league (all 20 teams, not just me) from Direct Free Kicks

4 goals in the entire league from Indirect Free Kicks

8 goals in the entire league from Corners.

This seems pretty low to me. How does this compare with real life?

Thanks! That makes sense. So based on how many games I've had 1.74 would be even with EPL, so definitely 1 or 2 so far makes total sense. I'll keep an eye on it as the season progresses.

Looking at total Set Piece goals, the EPL has had 129 "set piece goals" so far, through 23 weeks. I am not sure what they define as set piece, if indirect free kick goals count.

You showed that 10 are direct free kick. That leaves 119 or 5.17 per week from other set pieces. I am only averaging 3.00 per week from corners and indirect free kicks. That seems low, considering I already have 40 games in, it's probably not a fluke that I'm only getting 58% of the set piece goals of real life.

But maybe FM18 doesn't count things the same as the source I'm using? 

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/6829/Stages/15151/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2017-2018

Found another article from January 22, 2015 (which was 22 weeks into the season) that says 63 goals had been scored from "corner situations" to that point.

And the article was complaining that corners were a dying art, that it was the lowest total to that point of the season in 6 years.

That would be the equivalent of 11.5 through my season so far, and I have 8 or just 70% of that number.

It's early, and it's only off by a few so far, but things seem to be trending low.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/blog/name/67/post/2256611/headline

Also why are soccer stats so hard to find? It shouldn't take ten minutes of googling team corner goal stats to find some article from 2015 or a site that doesn't even break out the different set pieces.

For US sports we have things like baseball-reference.com or fangraphs.com, mlb.com that have everything you'd ever need, at the player and team level. Just weird that this info is so hard to find. Even the site Jordan linked that is the Premier League official site doesn't have a breakout of goals off of corners, and for free kicks you have to look it up by player, not team. Seems like there's a gap here that someone should be able to fill.

Or is there some obvious site I'm missing? Thanks for any help.

Archived