[FM 18] The Managerial Career Of Fola

Fola

18th February 2018
btddiUl.png

Managed to bag myself a deal until the end of next season meaning if even we get relegated I should be able to keep my job. We're a good side and it's obviously quite a big drop to go from League One to Conference but I am confident that I can keep them up.

nHVBYrA.png

4 points into the dropzone with 12 games to go. Challenge accepted.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18th February 2018 - Meet The Squad

This side was meant to finish 8th in the league so I am confident that we can avoid the drop. I'll be playing the same possession based tactics as I played at Bristol- it's a risk at this level but I confident.

Goalkeepers
wfEban1.png

Jake Cole is a good experienced keeper at this level. He'll be my first choice.

Defenders
zsIR9sl.png

Will Evans and Callum Reynolds will play the role of the BPD's. With Arnold, Arthur and Alexander we also have good strength in the wing back positions too.

Midfielders
l9s1rZW.png

Kellerman and Rowe are good CM's at this level, as is Gallagher. Shamir Fenelon is pacy and can do a job for us too. The rest aren't up to much.

Strikers
SlHUjx3.png

Wilson, McClure and Mensah stand out for me and are comfortable playing in the F9 position. The rest are pretty crap.

Let the challenge begin!

20th February 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 35
mRCHn1f.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds*; Alexander, Gallagher**, Arthur; Oyeleke***, Rowe; Fenelon, McClure; Mensah.
Subs: Lyons-Foster*, Kellerman**, Rendell***, Kelly, Okojie.

What a great start to my new job. The lads played really well and seemed to settle into the possession based tactic quickly. Matt McClure did well and bagged a brace. Unfortunately the rest of the sides round us won so we're still 22nd. St Albans next in the 4th round of the FA Trophy. They're in the league below- should be winning.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Matt McClure (9.0)
League Position: 22nd
Next Opponent: St Albans (H)

24th February 2018 - FA Trophy - 4th Round
5YZTZNl.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Alexander*, Lyons-Foster, Arthur; Kellerman, Rowe; Fenelon, McClure**; Mensah.
Subs: Gallagher*, Taylor**, Rendell, Kelly, Okojie.

Bore draw. Should of won. We play them straight away next in the replay. Just checked and if we win this, we go into the semi finals- then a 2 legged tie away from Wembley...

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Jake Cole (7.1)
Next Opponent: St Albans (A)

28th February 2018 - FA Trophy - 4th Round Replay
LtoDEgw.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Arnold, Gallagher*, Arthur; Kellermann, Rowe; Fenelon, McClure**; Mensah.
Subs: Lyons-Foster*, Taylor**, Rendell, Kelly, Okojie.

We made this much harder than we should have. We looked very threatening going forward which was pleasing- not so good at the back. Onto the league next where we face Hartlepool. Operation Survival.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Jim Kellerman (8.5)
Next Opponent: Hartlepool (H)

3rd March 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 36
VweCDsQ.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Arnold, Gallagher, Arthur; Kellermann, Rowe; Fenelon, McClure; Mensah.
Subs: Lyons-Foster*, Taylor, Rendell, Kelly, Okojie.

Outclassed from start to finish. 10 games to go and we are now 5 points into the relegation zone. We face high flying Wrexham next in the league- we need to do MUCH better than this.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Chris Arthur (7.2)
Next Opponent: Wrexham (A)

6th March 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 37
hC4UuTG.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Arnold, Gallagher, Arthur; Kellermann, Rowe; Fenelon, McClure; Mensah.
Subs: Lyons-Foster*, Taylor, Rendell, Kelly, Okojie.

Is this the result that seals our relegation? Absolutely terrible and the players look bereft of any confidence. Luckily for us all of our rivals lost but we're still comfortably in the relegation zone. Fylde next which is huge. They are sitting just above the relegation zone. This is a massive 6 pointer.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Bernard Mensah (6.5)
Next Opponent: Fylde (A)

10th March 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 38
dC6RAMF.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Arnold, Gallagher, Arthur*; Kellermann, Rowe; Fenelon**, McClure; Mensah.
Subs: Lyons-Foster, Taylor*, Rendell**, Kelly, Okojie.

We needed to win this one and we failed miserably. I am trying to stay positive about our survival chances but it's looking very bleak. We face Chester next in another massive game. They are sitting in 21st, 1 place above us. If we lose this one we can pretty much say goodbye to this division.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Chris Arthur (7.5)
Next Opponent: Chester (A)

13th March 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 39
KNEXp5p.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Alexander, Lyons-Foster, Arnold*; Rowe, Gallagher; Kellermann, McClure**; Wilson***.
Subs: Smith, Taylor*, Arthur, Fenelon**, Arthur***.

My word. What a game and what a win! We made it hard for ourselves but managed to come away with the win. I said before the game that if we'd of lost this then we'd be down so over the moon to get the win. We made a few changes and it paid of with Donovan Wilson bagging 2 in his first start for me. 7 games to go... We have Gateshead next in the FA Trophy Semi Final- couldn't care less.

Aldershot Man Of The Match:Donovon Wilson (9.0)
League Position: 21st
Next Opponent: Gateshead (A)

17th March 2018 - FA Trophy - Semi Final First Leg
0oy6voE.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Alexander, Lyons-Foster, Arnold; Oyeleke, Gallagher; Fenelon, Kellermann*; Wilson**.
Subs: Arthur, Taylor, Rowe, McClure*, Mensah**.

Disappointing to lose but like I said, not really bothered about this competition. Boreham Wood up next at home in the league which is another massive game. We need to make sure we keep the pressure on Fylde.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Nick Arnold (8.3)
Next Opponent: Boreham Wood (H)

20th March 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 40
b68GLqu.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Alexander, Lyons-Foster, Arnold; Oyeleke, Gallagher; Fenelon, Kellermann*; Wilson**.
Subs: Arthur, Taylor, Rowe, McClure*, Mensah**.

Should of won. We dominated from start to finish but gave away a sloppy goal. It could be a vital point come the end of the season but this was definitely winnable.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Jake Gallagher (7.1)
League Position:  20th
Next Opponent: Boreham Wood (H)

20th March 2018 - Vanarama Conference Table (40/46)

iCeDlK3.png

6 matches to go and we are 2 points into the drop zone. Unfortunately for us though, we have played a game more than everybody else. 

Upcoming Fixtures

Gateshead (A) [FA Trophy Semi Final Second Leg]
Solihull Moors (A)
Eastleigh (H)
Maidenhead (H)
Tranmere (A)
Barrow (H)
Sutton (A)

24th March 2018 - FA Trophy - Second Leg
hMh02I9.png

Starting XI: Cole; Lyons-Foster, Reynolds; Alexander, Gallagher, Arnold; Okeleye, Rowe; Fenelon*, Kellermann; Mensah**.
Subs: Arthur, Taylor, Rendell, McClure*, Wilson**.

Out of the FA Trophy 1 game before Wembley. Couldn't care less to be honest- massive match up next against Solihull!

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Cheye Alexander (7.4)
Next Opponent: Solihull (A)

30th March 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 41
BZNaGX9.png

Starting XI: Cole; Lyons-Foster, Reynolds; Alexander, Gallagher, Arnold; Okeleye, Rowe; Fenelon, Kellermann; Mensah**.
Subs: Arthur, Taylor, Rendell, McClure, Wilson*.

Gutted. We needed win this one but Solihull managed to fight back and get a draw. We have 5 matches to go and we're still in the relegation zone. We face Eastleigh next at home. Not looking too good.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Jim Kellermann (8.0)
League Position: 21st
Next Opponent: Eastleigh (H)

2nd April 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 42
QTqUTvE.png

Starting XI: Cole; Lyons-Foster, Reynolds; Alexander, Gallagher, Arnold; Okeleye, Rowe; Fenelon, Kellermann; Mensah.
Subs: Arthur, Taylor, Rendell, McClure, Wilson.

What a massive win! This win takes us one point out of the relegation zone as Solihull lost! We battered Eastleigh which has huge for us- what a performance! Is the great escape on?!

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Bernard Mensah (7.5)
League Position: 20th
Next Opponent: Maidenhead (H)

7th April 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 43
CdQCq1K.png

Starting XI: Cole; Lyons-Foster, Reynolds; Alexander, Gallagher, Arnold; Okeleye, Rowe; Fenelon, Kellermann; Mensah.
Subs: Arthur, Taylor, Rendell, McClure, Wilson.

What a terrible performance. Maidenhead are second bottom so to lose to these is a right kick in the teeth. 

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Jim Kellermann (7.2)
Next Opponent: Tranmere H)

3YSS0ml.png

3 games to go.

14 April 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 44
oT4Ikvz.png

Starting XI: Cole; Lyons-Foster, Reynolds; Alexander, Gallagher*, Arnold; Okeleye, Rowe; Fenelon, Kellermann; Mensah.
Subs: Arthur*, Taylor, Rendell, McClure, Wilson.

Another poor performance but thankfully we are still out of the dropzone. 2 matches to go but only on goal difference... f*ck this is tense.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: James Rowe (7.3)
Next Opponent: Barrow (H)

FZOIjxy.png

21st April 2018 - Vanarama Conference - Matchday 45
8RRPCaz.png

Starting XI: Cole; Evans, Reynolds; Alexander, Gallagher*, Arnold; Okeleye, Rowe; McClure, Kellermann; Mensah*.
Subs: Arthur, Lyons-Foster, Rendell, Fenelon, Wilson*.

Matt McClure. Bloody hell what an amazing performance. 5 goals and a 10.0 rating in probably our biggest game of the season. We are clear of the drop zone with 1 games to. We face Sutton away who are fighting for promotion so it's going to be a tough one. Need to make sure that the results go well for us.

Aldershot Man Of The Match: Matt McClure (10.0)
Next Opponent: Sutton (A)

37Nh8lW.png

Archived