U23 and U18 competitions not restarting

BruceyNTFC

So I've created a custom Europe, including U23 and U18 competitions. They work an absolute dream in the first season, but for some reason I can't get me head around, they don't start up in the second season.

Anyone got any hints? File is attached.

Thanks

Euro Advanced TEST.fmf

I took a quick look. Everything is set up nicely but I think it is this one thing you've set up in both competitions:

In u23/u18 -> Competition you have a "set up date" of 1 july and a "season update day" of 3 july. Untick (remove) "season update day" in both competitions and check again.
5a60e4b78d2a2_Seasonupdatedayaftersetupday.thumb.png.9289b9c69d6195e3fc39299d2d0f06cd.png

Season update day removes the competition of that year so that you can have a clean sheet, set up date will set up the tourney. You're now setting up a competition before it is cleaned so to speak.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb BruceyNTFC:

Tried it and it didn't work. All my other comps are running fine, it's a weird one. 

Which teams are qualifying for this competition? When a competition does stopp after a season it is usually an issue with not enough or too many clubs.

29 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Which teams are qualifying for this competition? When a competition does stopp after a season it is usually an issue with not enough or too many clubs.

It’s under 23 teams and under 18s from across Europe. I did add a host for each nation, so there should be enough, unless they’re pulling their teams. I’ll have a look at my settings there though, see if I’ve messed anything up.

I've ran it too but it doesn't get created aswell, but for instance, the UEFA Youth League does get created and also the Premier League International Cup. 

The other thing I can imagine is that not all clubs have an u23. I know when I create a seperate Premier League International Cup then the editor wants me to specifiy each team type before they want to be drawn. So B-team or Reserve for holland, U23 for England, U20 for Italian clubs etc. 

On 20. 01. 2018. at 22:16, Slabbekoorn said:

I've ran it too but it doesn't get created aswell, but for instance, the UEFA Youth League does get created and also the Premier League International Cup. 

The other thing I can imagine is that not all clubs have an u23. I know when I create a seperate Premier League International Cup then the editor wants me to specifiy each team type before they want to be drawn. So B-team or Reserve for holland, U23 for England, U20 for Italian clubs etc. 

excuse me mate i have a question... i'd like to create u-19 cup for balkan nations...how can i set up in advanced editor that game picks up youth teams from nations?? i was messing little bit in advanced editor without success...thank you in advance!!

On 20/01/2018 at 21:16, Slabbekoorn said:

Yeah I thought that would be it, so I created u23s and u19s for all major clubs in Europe. Took a while.

still didn’t work. 

6 hours ago, BruceyNTFC said:

Yeah I thought that would be it, so I created u23s and u19s for all major clubs in Europe. Took a while.

still didn’t work. 

excuse me mate i have a question... i'd like to create u-19 cup for balkan nations...how can i set up in advanced editor that game picks up youth teams from nations?? i was messing little bit in advanced editor without success...thank you in advance!!

44 minutes ago, Luke Cro said:

As you can probably tell by this thread, I’ve not worked that one out myself, at least, not to make it work for a second season.

i saw that, yes, but how u19 champions league works in game (by default)?? as far I remember, game would pick reserves or youth teams... when i say u19 champions league, i think that other continental competitions are not edited, you only have continental competitions given by game itself

@Luke Cro You can let them pick youth teams from nations by using "get specific team", then select the country (algeria is default, change it there), then tick team type and choose u19. This is how I draw u19s from countries.

@BruceyNTFC Sorry to hear that, I know that was a lot of work to do. I keep looking at your file but I don't see anything wrong with it tbh. I'll dig into it again tomorrow and see what I can find.

Thanks dude, got a feeling it won’t work mind. I even copied the standard rules over using the advanced editor just to use the competition as is as a starting point and it didn’t work. I think perhaps the only way is to specify the clubs and that isn’t what I want to do. 

If it works one year then it should work every year. There is one little mistake somewhere but it is hard to find, I don't like not solving this. I recently had the same problem with my own file and fixed it through trial and error so yours should be able to work too.

Archived