Problems with A Regional Domestic Cup

N3XUS12

I am recreating the English ruleset and I am trying to create a cup similar to the EFL trophy. For those who are unfamiliar its basic layout looks like this:

Stage 0 groups

Stage 1 north knockout stage

Stage 2 South knockout stage

Stage 3 Final (winner of north and south finals play to determine overall winner)

In real life, Stages 1 and 2 are played simultaneously. I am struggling with two things in the advanced rules:

1) My Stages 1 and 2 are playing at different times. So stage 2 begins after Stage 1 finishes even though my requirements tab for stage 2 does not have stage 1 listed.

So how do I get stages 1 and 2 to play at the same time?

2) Random teams are playing in both north AND south stages. Teams who are on the south coast are appearing in the north section and vice versa. Some teams are appearing in both.

And how do I set regional boundaries for the cup stages? I have been able to do it for north/south leagues by setting boundaries in the database but I can't find a way to do this for the cups?

Cheers

vor 14 Stunden schrieb N3XUS12:

1) My Stages 1 and 2 are playing at different times. So stage 2 begins after Stage 1 finishes even though my requirements tab for stage 2 does not have stage 1 listed.

So how do I get stages 1 and 2 to play at the same time?

You could try to put it into one cup stage and using regional/geographical draw. This would simulate a north/south draw. 

Ah sweet, thanks.

This cup is based on a league based in England, but it has teams merged in the league from England, Scotland, Wales.

So should I set the region number to the amount of English regions in the game, or British regions?

Cheers.

Archived