Does this transfer make any sense?

Has he played regularly for PSG? Have they bought another player in his position? Has he been injured and not developed as expected?

IRL they will buy him next summer (2018), but a lot of things can change in two years that can influence a player's career. I also see that Chelsea bought Renato. If Chelsea had bought him on FM17 after two years, I guess you would have thought the same thing, unrealistic.

Well today he is warming the bench for Swansea, so anything can happen in football.

Guest El Payaso

It doesn't but that is not the only example. In my opinion too many players spend maybe one (fairly successful) season with a new club and then the AI is willing to sell him even for considerable loss. You would think that the players that the clubs sign and the club itself had in mind at least some "project for couple of years together" but that doesn't seem to be the case and the game creates so many journeymen. This of course would be different if the player flops or there is some other concern. But the current system doesn't. The AI simply seems to buy and sell for fun.

psg sold him to bayern on my save for £74m in 2020 after only starting 25 league games in 3 seasons

i bought him for £103m in 2021

and every season for the last 4 seasons PSG have been bidding way below market value for him, not 1 bid over £80m usually non negotiable too... given that he has reached full potential this is crazy

Transfer prices overall are relatively low compared to the current market in real life. I'm sure at SI they have also noticed this and are working towards a good reflection of current real life prices in FM. Seen it also a couple of times that for example Naby Keita moves to PSG for 65 million euro after having spend two seasons at Liverpool as a key player. Completely unrealistic of course. 

Due to the fact that transfer values are linked with reputation (and some other factors) it seems that in general there is a 'price ceiling' on transfers. Because most players won't reach a certain reputation, there will not be payed more than a certain amount which is lower than it most likely would be in real life (with some exceptions here and there usually by clubs with a sugar daddy). 

Maybe because of the current market SI should work towards another system concerning player values and transfer prices. Currently the system is a bit flawed. Also some players values are completely over the top. For the moment it is difficult to replicate in FM yourself, but as said, I'm sure SI is working on this :)

2 hours ago, Cedrik said:

Transfer prices overall are relatively low compared to the current market in real life. I'm sure at SI they have also noticed this and are working towards a good reflection of current real life prices in FM. Seen it also a couple of times that for example Naby Keita moves to PSG for 65 million euro after having spend two seasons at Liverpool as a key player. Completely unrealistic of course. 

Due to the fact that transfer values are linked with reputation (and some other factors) it seems that in general there is a 'price ceiling' on transfers. Because most players won't reach a certain reputation, there will not be payed more than a certain amount which is lower than it most likely would be in real life (with some exceptions here and there usually by clubs with a sugar daddy). 

Maybe because of the current market SI should work towards another system concerning player values and transfer prices. Currently the system is a bit flawed. Also some players values are completely over the top. For the moment it is difficult to replicate in FM yourself, but as said, I'm sure SI is working on this :)

Agree with u 100%. Before FM 2018 was released I was trying to think of a way to replicate current transfer that's happening and the truth is these days transfers can be unpredictably high. I hope FM find a way to replicate the transfer next year, or even in the next patch!

Archived