Australian A League

ShikariFC

I got sent over here from FM Base, I have checked through the FAQ's and cant find anything that I think relates to what im trying to do. 

So basically all im trying to do is expand the A League from 10 to 18 teams and that is literally it, I want to keep the play off format with a grand final as it is.  I had a play around with the editor after previously reading on line that all existing leagues are hard coded so I had assumed it wouldnt be as simple as editing the league to include 18 teams.  On nation rules I selected create new competition but used the existing A League, I gathered that although i was using the existing A League it would basically only be a shell and wouldnt include the existing finals format, to try and counteract that I included a championship play off. I simmed ahead 10 seasons to see how it all played out.  

PROS - Over that course of time the leagues rep actually grew ( and I had edited to have a slightly higher rep to start with), Financially the league stayed around the same level in terms of transfers in and out. Continental qualification works exactly how i wanted it to without me doing anything . 3 ACL places, 1 to the regular season champion, 1 to the Grand Final winner and 1 to the cup winner 

Cons - I have no idea how to replicate the play off system already in place where the format is staggered to favour teams who finished higher in the league , if it can even be done, what was happening was the teams finishing 6th - 8th were winning the championship play off more times than not. Despite using the existing A League the leagues history was wiped and started new as of the first season, so for instance Melbourne Victory on their history tab it had two separate A leagues ( pre editing and post editing) . If anyone is familiar with the A League as it is now you have a " Premier" champion ( the team who wins the regular season) and the A League champion ( team who wins the grand final) and these both appear in clubs history tabs, again I have no idea how to replicate this. 

Any help with this would be greatly appriciated, and just to be clear on what it is im looking to achieve, All im trying to do is add 8 teams to the league and leave the rest as it is!  

Archived