Newbie in desperate need of help

I am a relative newbie to all this. I used to play CM back in the day & gave FM Mobile a go a couple of years ago but decided to get back into a moire expanded version of the game (Touch)

However, I am completely stuck & the online help manual just does not have enough information on how to actually play the game, it just tells you what stuff is.

Briefly: Started a game with Swansea. Sold Routledge & Ki to raise funds, have £25m to spend.

1) My player search tab had world famous players & rubbish English lower league players, where is the rest of the world? Ok, I have to scout them.

Very first thing I did, set ongoing assignments in South America, Europe, Africa & Spain (Spain being one of the playable leagues selected for my save) After setting assignments I transferred responsibility to the chief scout.

Then I hired a new French chief scout with higher judging abilities. I read that means you get a better knowledge of France.

4 weeks later, they have found 14 rubbish players between them & I haven't seen any benefit from the French chief scout.

This can't be down to database size as I had way more players than this on the FM Mobile game. There is so little guidance/instruction about how to increase your player database, it's very frustrating to a relative newcomer.

2) Searching for players listed for loan ('interested' unticked) the highest value player is  a Wigan player worth £45k. In a summer transfer window. Really? I thought this game was meant to be realistic.

Problem is there are so many things I am seeing written about bugs in the game & such inadequate guidance documentation I don't know what is part of the challenge of the game & what is a bug.

At the minute its unrealistic & not very fun. Please can someone give me some pointers.

I did a test with medium database (9 top division only leagues) loaded, managed Swansea and then send out my new Wales scout. I set his assignment to scout Brazil, Argentina and UK and Ireland. After 3 weeks or so, he reported back with 15 players each from both South American countries and 17 from UK. 8 players from Brazil and 10 players from Argentina are interested in joining permanently.

Archived