AS Roma

stevecummins78

I have a save with Roma and they have a good squad. You can really play any formation and system with them. They have good youngsters and a good mix of more veteran players. Perhaps the striker position is something to watch out for depending how you play as Dzeko is not the youngest or fastest anymore. The RB position might also need more defensive stability unless you like attacking full backs.

You can easily play a 433 or a 4231 or 422. All is possible but Roma has a lot of good wingers and midfield players.

Thanks guys.

Yes, I'm impressed with the strength of the midfield trio of De Rossi, Strootman and Naingolan. Impressive indeed.

Finances look a problem though. Any cheap prospects I should look at?

Right back and central defence look like weak spots.

Finances aren't so bad, you can get the board to agree to 100% of transfer income being available to spend, then get ~70m for pretty average players in the squad.

Right back - Florenzi is amazing as WB(a) or CWB(a) in my experience, though I guess if you have a need for a defensive right back he isn't so hot (one of the reasons I like 5-3-2). Centre back - Rugani can be picked up for a deal worth ~30m early in the game, which is a good fee simply because he's brilliant.

Cheap prospects in Italy, Pellegri will run you to about 15m - which is cheap for him as he's amazing. Resigning Marchizza set me back about 8m. D'Amico is always worth stealing in Italy, he's on a youth contract at the start.

Thanks very much for your advice, I’ll definitely follow up.

I have got D’Amico signed and arriving in a year’s time. Sold Perroti to Man City for 45m Euro and somehow managed to get Christian Pulisic to join for 38m. He asked for Totti’s Number 10 shirt as well, which I gladly obliged!

Only 15m left and now trying to upgrade central defence. I like the idea of using Florenzi as an attacking right back. I’m planning to play with inside forwards in a 4-1-2-3 DM so that would work if I can trust my central defenders to be positioninaly disciplined.

I also love how many youngsters there are coming through, feels like I could build a dynasty (a Roman Empire if you like!) at the club.

Forza Giallorossi! 

I have had an offer of 55 million for Strootman start of second season. Would you recommend selling? He is an amazing player but his stats are slightly declining and it is unreal money too reinvest into squad. Who would be an ideal replacement for him if I chose too sell? 

Finished 2nd in my first season. Juve proved too strong, finishing 12 points ahead. 

Definitely, if nothing else he's too injury prone to justify keeping when given an offer like that. In terms of replacements it depends on how you used him and what preferences you have in players, but there are plenty of options that make that money seem good for Strootman. Off the top of my head: Arthur from Gremio costs about 1/3 of that, Torreira from Samp (though I'm not sure if they have dodgy relations with Roma) similarly priced, Locatelli if you want an Italian maybe.

Just now, Stackalee said:

Definitely, if nothing else he's too injury prone to justify keeping when given an offer like that. In terms of replacements it depends on how you used him and what preferences you have in players, but there are plenty of options that make that money seem good for Strootman. Off the top of my head: Arthur from Gremio costs about 1/3 of that, Torreira from Samp (though I'm not sure if they have dodgy relations with Roma) similarly priced, Locatelli if you want an Italian maybe.

Yes the scout report mention his injury problems and they will only get worse the older he gets. Arthur will be my number one target. Will try for Torreira too. Went all Italian with Inter, mixing it up a bit with Roma. Cheers for advice. 

Archived