How to become more consistent/better at game management?

Relatively new to FM, played a little on 17 and didn't have much success. I'm finding 18 much more enjoyable but I'm still finding my results ridiculously inconsistent. Managing MUFC at the moment, I find I'll obliterate someone 6-0 one week and then lose 2-0 the next week and the game just pass me by.

Is this a problem with my teams consistency or a problem with my lack of game management, do you need to approach every game differently? If so, what do you look at in the opposition that may tweak your approach? Any help would be massively appreciated.

1 hour ago, Samuste said:

I find I'll obliterate someone 6-0 one week and then lose 2-0 the next week and the game just pass me by.

That is usually a symptom of an overtly aggressive imbalanced tactic, that smashes teams at home and then falls apart in away games where the opposition will take advantage of all the holes you leave in defence.

You may get better insight if you post how you're setting up though.

26 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

That is usually a symptom of an overtly aggressive imbalanced tactic, that smashes teams at home and then falls apart in away games where the opposition will take advantage of all the holes you leave in defence.

You may get better insight if you post how you're setting up though.

Sound mate, I'm at work at the minute (working hard). I'll post screenshots when I'm home!

Thanks!

Archived