Brexit

As I recently returned to Football Manager, I've not experienced a Brexit previously. I am managing Wolves in the Premier League in February 2019. We've received two notifications regarding Brexit, and this is the second one. This is a Normal Brexit? I'm clear on what will be required to sign players after it kicks in. But when does it kick in and how will it affect any transfers I make between now and then?

It's clear that it kicks in next season, and that any players already playing at the club are exempt. That is correct? My questions are more geared towards when the game considers next season to have started, and at what point any new signings have passed that date. Any signing I make now, aside from free agents, will not 'be at the club' until July1st. Does the new season start then? Or is it after the summer window closes and registrations have been submitted (of course we don't control that in FMT).

Bottom line is, have I already passed the time that I can transfer any exempt players with the January window now closed?

Brexit-1.png

Archived