Managerial style

Hello.

On the Managerial Style screen, there is Player Knowledge and Youngster Knowledge.  What are these used for? Clicking the i icon states default player and youngster attributes knowledge respectively.  Is this to do with scouting and/or training in any way?

• Administrators

It's to do with Scouting. At the start of the game the user has a level of knowledge of players in football. The higher the Player/Youngster knowledge generally more players (and more information) will be available via the player search. This can be expanded of course by the scouting packages, but these two attributes will set the user's base level of knowledge. 

1) So these options have no bearing on training despite the i icon saying attributes?

2) Shouldn't it say information or details instead of attributes if they are to do with scouting?

3) If I set them to 1 each, will sending scouts expand the player search list or can only scouting packages do this?

1) correct

2) possibly

3) I always set both of these to one because I think that the other manager attributes are more important. Others will disagree. If you have players attributes masked then giving a high value to these options will enable you to see more of the attribute values for any particular player.

I think that the scouting package sets the range that the scouts can cover but that you still need to send scouts out in order to expand the number of players appearing in the player search list.

I was more of a tactician because of these two attributes as I thought it was to do with training as it said attributes in the i icon.  Now I know the definition behind these attributes, I will be going the opposite direction.  I will keep Determination, Level of Discipline, Motivating and Man Management high and the rest at one.

14 hours ago, GREYFOX said:

I was more of a tactician because of these two attributes as I thought it was to do with training as it said attributes in the i icon.  Now I know the definition behind these attributes, I will be going the opposite direction.  I will keep Determination, Level of Discipline, Motivating and Man Management high and the rest at one.

you can max out most mental attributes if you make yourself a tactician based manager. you only really need to decide what 1 category you want to do in training, i usually max out attacking and tactical training. as the attacking is hardest to find usually for me

10 hours ago, lemeuresnew said:

you can max out most mental attributes if you make yourself a tactician based manager. you only really need to decide what 1 category you want to do in training, i usually max out attacking and tactical training. as the attacking is hardest to find usually for me

That is true.  But as mentioned above, Player and Youngster Knowledge does not affect training nor does Adaptability.  I don't need Adaptability as I am a one-club man and Player and Youngster Knowledge are for manager who sign players.  I don't sign players as I use the club's youth intake and u18 squad to get more players.

I will be maxing out most mental stats as mentioned above.  Determination, Level of Discipline, Motivating and Man Management.  The rest I do not need.

Archived