Home Grown Players

I started a save with Balzers in the Swiss 4th division. (They're one of the Liechtenstein clubs). The 4th tiers registration rules are that their must be 12 players trained for 3 years at the club between their 15-21st birthdays.

Due to this i searched the market for any ex Balzers players that are Home Grown at club to see if they'd rejoin to boost my home grown players as im seriously lacking.

I signed someone who was home grown at the club but when he's come back he isn't considered home grown.

Is this a bug or is it a fact that if you leave a club when you return you will not be considered home grown?

Or is it that he's a non contract player and i am paying him per game

At an educated guess, this will be to do with the edited file you've enabled to play in the fourth tier of Switzerland. The player search filter looks for players who match the homegrown rule for the Champions and Europa Leagues - this may not be exactly the same as this obscure league's rules, but since it isn't in the base game the search doesn't account for that. Equally, it may be a bug in the edited file. 

On his history he did start at my club which is why he *should* be considered home grown for me, and according to the player search filter he was. There was only about 8 players that were considered home grown not at the club, obviously with us being a pretty small club. 

I'll see if i can sign someone who definitely has had 3 years at the club between 15-21 and see if they're homegrown

Archived