Official FM 09 Good strikers guide

Liam =D

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any ideas why aquino is not in my game? playing as west ham with a medium database. Heard good things and have looked straight away but he is not there

You need to have the Spanish Leagues in the backround, or have all players from Spain loaded mate, I believe.

A good forward (centre) for mediocre clubs is Robert Lewandowski.

I bought him in my second season for £1.3 mio, so he can probably be bought even cheaper during the first season.

He's good allround and has great composure/bravery/anticipation/otb for clubs who are not the best but close.

(In my third season his value is £5.5 mio. and during the second season he made 36 goals and 10 assists in 44 games)

I second Lewandowski, bought him for Derby for £1.3million in the Championship, banged in 20 goals in the Premiership in my second season, worth £7million and Chelsea just bid £19.5 million for him! Shame I can't find someone better to replace him that'll come to Derby :(

Name: Carlos Vela

Club: Arsenal

Value: €8.75M (second season though)

Sale Value: he was already on my reserves team so I don't have a clue :)

Work permit needed/not needed: Not needed

Extra: moves into channels, places shots as PPM's

Renaud

It depends what kind of style/service your team plays, do you cross often from wide men? Or play narrow and keep it in the middle for example? Also what season are you in?

Yep, i often play counter attack. And it depends on situation so i decide what kind of wide, narrow playing style - focus on side or middle.

It would be great if you can provide a guide to explain how is it work with striker? for every situation.

Yep, i often play counter attack. And it depends on situation so i decide what kind of wide, narrow playing style - focus on side or middle.

It would be great if you can provide a guide to explain how is it work with striker? for every situation.

I think you missed my point, it depends what service you give your TM. If you cross you want an aerially strong striker, if you play narrow and through the middle you'll want someone who's able to hold it up with there feet or pacy etc.

There's an excellent guide in the tactic forum which might help you more, Tactical Theorems and Frameworks '09

Examples of good TM who are strong in the air - Cardozo, Pogrebnyak.

Examples of good TM who are pacy/to feet service - Lavezzi, Milevskiy.

There's just a few examples, it also depends what team you are what class of player you can get.

James Vaughan

21 years of age (season 2)

Everton

£8,500,000 (valued 2nd season)

Why:

I have nurtured him through first season, scoring 11 goals. 2nd season 1st team player and scored also 11 goals in 19 games. 3 MOM and also made starting England team. He is still only 21 and beating Rooney to first team spot in the England team.

Won the league cup with a 9.00 rating etc.

Enough said...

Name: Pavel Pogrebnyak

Club: FC Zenit Saint Petersburg

Value: N/A

Sale Value: Between £8-12Million

Work permit: Unsure.

I can't comment on work permits, as the country I manage in work permits are not a problem.

Pogrebnyak has signed for Wigan in first season on my game so being granted a work permit shouldnt be an issue

Little offtopic, sorry!

I'm playing a 442 with Ade/Agüero up front, just got Agüero at the start of the 2nd season, scored 15 in 26 which is not bad in his blending season.

Anyway, he has some nice PPM's but not so long ago I asked him to learn "move into channels", he succesfully trained it but now I am wondering if it will benefit him more, I guess it fits a pacey striker, or not? Did I blow €50M :confused:

I think you missed my point, it depends what service you give your TM. If you cross you want an aerially strong striker, if you play narrow and through the middle you'll want someone who's able to hold it up with there feet or pacy etc.

There's an excellent guide in the tactic forum which might help you more, Tactical Theorems and Frameworks '09

Examples of good TM who are strong in the air - Cardozo, Pogrebnyak.

Examples of good TM who are pacy/to feet service - Lavezzi, Milevskiy.

There's just a few examples, it also depends what team you are what class of player you can get.

thanks man, that helps a lots.

i signed Óscar Cardozo for liverpool in stead of Gignac who went to villa what a mistake.

carozo was rubbish

gignac dumped me out of fa cup with 2 goals then mext match scored another 2 in the league meeting even though i had him tightly maked hard tackling and show weeker foot. i dont think cardozo even had 2 shots the in the 2 games

Pascal Feindouno

Nationality:Guinea

Pos:AMR,MR,STRIKER

To get him:7,250,000US

Team he plays for:Al Sadd

Caught my eye when I was looking at Zarate who is on loan at Lazio. Looks to be good has some good stats and the scouts say he is a good player. I would get him for any team that is looking for a vet with a ton of international experience also he is fairly cheap.

Has anyone had dealings with Pogrebnyak from Zenit?

I saw him mentioned earlier, but was curious to know if he has performed in anyone's team/s. Reckon he would play the lone striker role at Milan well?

He play very good for me at City. 18 goals last season.

Cardozo fits the bill perfectly.

I have seen oscar Cardozo mentioned many times on these good striker threads. So I bought him for barca and he failed to score in 15 games, so he i srotting in the reserves. Big disappointment.

Kerrison is amazing though! Scored winning goal in Champs League final from 30 yards in the last minute of injury time, couldn't script it!

i signed Óscar Cardozo for liverpool in stead of Gignac who went to villa what a mistake.

carozo was rubbish

gignac dumped me out of fa cup with 2 goals then mext match scored another 2 in the league meeting even though i had him tightly maked hard tackling and show weeker foot. i dont think cardozo even had 2 shots the in the 2 games

I did exactly opposite.

Sold Cardozo who was crap and for less money bought Gignac.

Brilliant move; Gignac is great striker.

Name: Alberto Paloschi

Club: Parma (co own)

Value: Not sure

Sale Value: About 7,5m

Work Permit Needed/Not Needed: Not Needed

Works excelent as a lone striker. scored 25 goals for me in PL. endet 11 with Boro. works wel when players in midfiels are good pasers like Mata, modric etc in central to feed him.

I did exactly opposite.

Gignac is a quality striker

Bought for Everton in 2nd season for £7m, and is banging them in along side Pandev!

In the first season. Need a TM for my man utd save that is good in the air and a little pacey. he must be able to score goals and play upfront on his own while his strike partner(rooney) roams around.

BTW, can someone post a screenie on gignac and tell me more info. on him. heard of his name around this posts but have not tried him before. (at work now, can't play FM). And in what countries must you start at in order to find aquino? can't find him with a medium database in england.

p.s. bored to hell at work

I'm very positive about this kid, arrived not so long ago for €15M from CSKA, I still need to develop his technical aspects, but hey, tall, powerfull, hard working, top acceleration and balance, lots of potential to develop into a class act.:thup::thup:

TomasNecid.jpg

Cheers

André

I did exactly opposite.

Cardozo has been crap for me as well, anyone got any tips to get the best out of him, playing him either as a lone striker or alongside Defoe, always seems to loose the ball, never shoots etc!

signed alexis sanchez for about 17 mil but he isnt impressing for me

should i be playing him on the wings or up front?

and how long shall i wait for him to start scoring only im a bit impatient lol

i have huntlaar and rooney up front for man united and i was looking for a gd back up young striker

i considered keirrison but his stats dont look very gd :S

anyone got any suggestions or testimonies about keirrison?

cheers

Archived