Official FM 09 Good strikers guide

Liam =D

hey all.

im about to start season in 2011 and need a good strong striker to play alongside Bojan in my Juventus team.

i really want someone tall with great heading/jumping stats (who also has some general quality about him in other stats) and not too old as i like to keep players in my team for long time if possible

my tfr budget will be about $30mil.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey all.

im about to start season in 2011 and need a good strong striker to play alongside Bojan in my Juventus team.

i really want someone tall with great heading/jumping stats (who also has some general quality about him in other stats) and not too old as i like to keep players in my team for long time if possible

my tfr budget will be about $30mil.

Any suggestions?

Where is Amauri he is great in the air. Oscar Cardozo is a good option or Laurito.

Need a good stiker playing with Newcastle patch 9.0.3

My budget is 11mil. punds

Try Laurito, Saviola, Hulk.

Where is Amauri he is great in the air. Oscar Cardozo is a good option or Laurito.

cheers dexta.

i do have amauri but he's starting to get a tad old so was looking for a long term replacement.

ill check out your suggestions - thanks mate.

cheers dexta.

i do have amauri but he's starting to get a tad old so was looking for a long term replacement.

ill check out your suggestions - thanks mate.

Ah okay mate, he still has a few good years in him though.

Also have a look at Eugene Seleznyov, Bendtner, Hoarau, Huntelaar, Diogo.

i have Ciprian Marica in my celtic team, currently in 2013 season and hes 27 at the mo, signed him from stuttgart for £6.5 mill and hes been a goal machine every since i got him two seasons ago. hes scored 45 goals in 2 seasons and has 6 clubs after him :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest marvinthemartian

Name: Andrius Velicka

Club: Rangers

Value: 975k

Sale Value: 975K Always transfer listed

Work permit needed/not needed: not needed

An awesome striker for the Championship, had him in my QPR team alongside Dexter Blackstock and he put away 25, he also turns into a good premiership squad player. In my experience much better than his Rangers team mate Lee McCulloch who always gets recommended to me by my scouts as a Championship striker solution.

I'll second Robert Lewandowski awesome striker. I always defer the transfer to the end of the season so his stats build up.

Need a good ST same type like Cardozo any sugggestions??

Vaughan or maybe some one else?? Patch 9.3

Need a bit more information here...

What team are you?

Which season?

How much money do you have to spend?

I take it you want a strong (cheapish) target-man?

keirrison has scored 80 goals in 101 games for my everton side he his my crown jewel my franchise player if it werent for injuries that goals column would have been in the hundreds believe me a must buy cost 14.75 mil

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I need some suggestions for a reasonably priced/cheap striker.

I am managing Toulouse in a networkgame (other players are PSG and Bordeaux). I finished 7th in my first season, just missing the Euro Cup by 1 point. Now in the 2009 summer I am looking to add another striker to my ranks after selling Gignac. My strikeforce currently consists of Morimoto, Laurito and Pentecote. I am willing to spend €5m, but I could probably stretch to €8m if it's for a really good player. French players are prefered but I will consider any reasonable suggestions.

I also have/had Kalinic(did not improve at all, sold him on) and Paloschi(stupidly sent him out on loan).

lf_my_dream

Lavezzi? Vincent Acapandie? Scarpelli?

Cheers for the fast reply HoPeY. Lavezzi would be too expensive for me. I have never seen Acapandie develope too well, but I will look at him anyway. He has random potential right? Scarpelli does not look that appealing because of his age, but he would be cheap so I will keep him on my shortlist.

Other strikers I am currently looking at include Johan Audel, Victor Anichebe and Marco Perez, if anybody has experience with any of them I would be pleased to hear it.

You can look at Barreto de souza and Florin Bratu

Barreto looks ace, but is not interested unfortunately. I will try to convince him with money, but that rarely works. I can't find Bratu for some reason we must be on a medium database or something.

[Edit]Had to settle for Marco Perez because Barreto rejected me, as did Anichebe and Audel and Lavezzi was neither affordable nor interested either. My 15/15 scout did also rate neither Acapandie nor Scarpelli sadly. Could not find Bratu.

Simon Zenke and Stefano Crisci are really good youngsters, i think they're both have a variable PA but definately worth a look. Crisci was a beast for my grasshoppers side in my last save. Good for championship once they've developed id guess.

Don't buy Keirrison - useless and a poor conversion rate. Bought him for £9mil, but managed to get rid for £14mil, so all good in the end

He's awesome - goal machine through and through. What did you do to him? ... or something? I got overuled by the Sunderland board after having him for 6 months. Bought for £11.5m sold for £30m to Chelsea. 3rd season in and can't tempt him to come back even tried trebling his wages and paying crazy bonus scheme.

Vagner Love has been immense in my Man City Game, he has 16 goals in 24 league games and 27 all up in 32 total games. He places shots with great accuracy and hardly ever misses the goal, he can dribble himself out of trouble and passes very well.

I play him up front by himself with Robinho at AMC and they work very well together. I paid 14 million start of 1st season for him.

Give him a shot, he is worth every penny, total class.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All - I need a Target Man to partner Saivet/Alex Teixeira for West Ham - January 2011 transfer window - I have about £20m to spend

Any suggestions? I have seen Cardozo mentioned, any other ideas?

He's a good player, depends what type of striker you’re after Fusss?

Thanks HoPeY - have had a look at these guys - Milevskyi looks like a monster of a player, but he's moved to Roma, worth £18m, so may have missed the boat on that one

Anyway, thanks for help

Do you need/want more recommendations then?

Name: Florent Osswald

Club: Amnéville

Value: £0

Sale Value: Free Transfer

Work permit needed/not needed: Not needed

You need to load up all players from France. This guy is good for BSN/S and above.

Archived