Official FM 09 Good strikers guide

Liam =D

Can anyone Help!

i really want Torres for my ManCity Side, Not going to happen, who is the closest Torres replacement, Great as a lone striker but equally great with a partner.... Up to £30mill i am prepared to spend..

He needs Pace, Aerial Stats, Holds the ball well and of course BANGS THEM IN!!

please please please help!!!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well your hardly going to be able to attract the big names seeing as your reputation isn't very high, so he's about the best you can get in terms of being fine in a lone role or with a partner who will also get goals.

Failing that Milevskiy is another option, Laurito and Paloschi will be in a few years time but that doesn't really help you now. :)

Well your hardly going to be able to attract the big names seeing as your reputation isn't very high, so he's about the best you can get in terms of being fine in a lone role or with a partner who will also get goals.

Failing that Milevskiy is another option, Laurito and Paloschi will be in a few years time but that doesn't really help you now. :)

Thanks.... i may go for him and pray he turns out like a gooden this time

best i could recommened would be Vagner Love, always signs for City and scores 20-30 goals in a season and did so for me when i went City.

you won't get Torres and all the very best till 2nd season minimum so that would mean finishin in the top 4 1st season, i got Gerrard, Messi, Fazio, Aguero and Eto'o between 2nd and 3rd season :)

i always sign :

Srna

Glen Johnson

Joseph Yobo

Moutinho

Veloso

for teams who are not in the top in there leagues if i have the money or make it by selling people :)

If I get someone like Cardozo or Milevskyi they seem to be stronger and better at heading then I'd rather have them be TM then again im not sure if its good to have 2 similar players

There's nothing wrong with having two similar players up front, it depends how you play and how you provide service for them. If you use crossing a-lot from wide area's it can make sense to have two good TM style players who are strong in the air.

Of course a combination of one TM and a smaller pacey player can work as-well, but it depends how you set up your team.

• 3 weeks later...

im looking for a target man for can play as a good lone striker. its about to be the winter window in the first season using the 9.3 patch. i dont have much money but will be able to raise 5-10 million by selling ppl.

Name: Alexis Sanchez

Club: Udinese

Value: 3mil

Sale:7.7 mil

work permit: needed

this is a copy cat to walcott amazing on 09

Got this guy for Utd as 1 for the future:thup:

by xmas was a 1st team regular, a bargain his form stats are better than Silva/Ribery who would have cost 4 times the 7m I paid:D

and I hope Fergie signs him for real;)

Looking for a player similar to Drogba to replace him, i'll appreciate any ideas? At the moment i'm looking at Milevskiy and Gignac. Got Gignac on loan at the minute, he seems to have good stats but can't score despite my team creating many chances for him. I've also looked up Cardozo & Pogrebnyak, but they seem to be predominantly TargetMen and i'm after more of a complete striker who can play as a Fast/Target Striker, thanks.

Currently managing Stoke City. First transfer window. I have about 1.5-ish million to spend on a new striker, but I would much prefer to spend this on a young goalkeeper, so does anyone know of a good prem- quality striker who I can either loan, get really cheaply or get for free. Stokes' forward line is looking like a championship quality side, so I will probably end up playing the guy on his own up-front, or with Fuller, just because I like him. Any help greatly appreciated.

Actually, after a few more sales and some budget adjustment I now have £1m. Any strikers for that sort of money. (Apart from Lewandowski?)

You could try and get Fleck? Otherwise Id say go Omotoyossi:thup:

Thanks sned777. Got Fleck for £1.3m, looks a great signing. Couldn't get Omotoyossi. He wouldn't join me, but it said he wouldn't be able to anyway because of a work permit. Is he one for later seasons? Plus, to everyone else, have you got anymore ideas for strikers. Flecks good but I can't see him getting the goals I need this season. Have about 500k left. Please help.

Thanks sned777. Got Fleck for £1.3m, looks a great signing. Couldn't get Omotoyossi. He wouldn't join me, but it said he wouldn't be able to anyway because of a work permit. Is he one for later seasons? Plus, to everyone else, have you got anymore ideas for strikers. Flecks good but I can't see him getting the goals I need this season. Have about 500k left. Please help.

Omotoyossi can become at least Everton standard.

Theres a guy at Hadjuk called Kalincic (sp) who can be bought relatively cheap.

Remember, you can offer double your budget after 24 months, so you actaully have £1m

Anyway your man is proably Marcos Tavares. He is Brazilian and plays in the Slovenian or Slovakian leagues at a tema called Maribor IIRC. Anyway I scouted him for Arsenal and it said decent Prem striker, and 7th best at Arsenal. Thats after RVP,Eduardo, Vela, Chamakh,Paloshci,Arshavin. You may need large DB though amd possibly all brazilian players loaded :thup:

Omotoyossi can become at least Everton standard.

Theres a guy at Hadjuk called Kalincic (sp) who can be bought relatively cheap.

Remember, you can offer double your budget after 24 months, so you actaully have £1m

Anyway your man is proably Marcos Tavares. He is Brazilian and plays in the Slovenian or Slovakian leagues at a tema called Maribor IIRC. Anyway I scouted him for Arsenal and it said decent Prem striker, and 7th best at Arsenal. Thats after RVP,Eduardo, Vela, Chamakh,Paloshci,Arshavin. You may need large DB though amd possibly all brazilian players loaded :thup:

Thanks, will look them up.

Hey guysss,im back again, this time as Sunderland :)

Got through the first season, now looking to sell Kenwyne Jones, I have a budget of 9million, what striker could I get for that?

Any recomendations would be great :)

• 2 weeks later...

Try Eugene Seleznyov? Im not sure how much he is in the first season, but I got him in my third season, and once he settled in, hes been simply unstoppable with 14 goals in 17 appearances :)

It is also possible to get Morientes on a free at the start! He was good for my newcastle team, with 16 goals and 8 assists all season which isnt too bad :)

• 2 weeks later...

beginning 3rd season of west brom. i money isnt an issue yet as i dont have my new budget. i already have foti and kikin f. and i play with a lone striker so im looking for a young striker who will be top notch a couple seasons. i finished 4th last season also.

im looking at maicon, nilmar (i know he isnt young but w/e), and tiago louis but am open to anybody really.

for some reason it wont let me bid on laurito. i think im gonna look at cavani he was an absolute legend for me in 08. thanks for the help hopey

edit:

i can get cavani for 10-15 and paloschi for 8-12 million. who do you think i should go for. paloschi is cheaper and already had a season in the prem with fullham. but i dont have 09 experience with either so w/e

Archived