The Official FM09 - Should I Buy Or Should I Sell Thread

Liam =D

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tevez is on the way out aswell offers of 30 mill. Don't know which one: or maybe both? Let me know your thoughts on any other strikers. Thanks.

Buying/Selling:buying

Player Name:Balotelli

Your Team:Man Utd

Buyer/Seller:Inter Milan

Player Value:£5.5 mill

Offer:£6 mill initial fee, loan till end of season, £7.5 mill to buy at end

Transfer/Wage Budget:£30 mill

Patch:9.1

Season:start of first

Player Name:Aguero

Buyer/Seller:Athletico Madrid

Player Value:£20 mill

Offer:£11 mill + Carlos Tevez

Maybe?:don't think these two are out and out strikers though imo, maybe play off a front man

Player Name:Higuain

Buyer/Seller:Real Madrid

Player Value:£6.5 mill (something like that)

Offer:£9 mill

Player Name:Jovetic

Buyer/Seller:Fiorentina

Player Value:£6.5 mill

Offer:£13 mill

Or maybe :

Player Name:Mario Gomez

Buyer/Seller:Stuttgart

Player Value:£8.5 mill

Offer:£16 mill

Selling/Buying: Selling

Player Name: Landon Donovan

Your Team: Hull City

Buyer: Manchester United

Player Value: £6.5m

Offer: £14.8m

Patch: 9.1

Season: 2 (January transfer window)

Got him on a free so it would be all profit... He's my top goal scorer in the league, also joint top goal scorer in the prem. My gut feeling says not to sell, or if I do try and get £20m at least out of them.

If you think I should sell I will probably need to buy a replacement, so who would you recommend?

Here are his stats

2czcweq.png

Buying/Selling: Selling

Player Name: Abou Diaby

Your Team: Arsenal (full of great young potential MC players)

Buyer/Seller: Olympique Lyonnais

Player Value: €6.25M

Offer: €2.1M up front + €9.5M over 24 months + Percentage of profit of next sale: 20% (€11.6M total)

Transfer/Wage Budget: n/a

Season: 2

Should I accept or reject it and try to get some more out of him? Lots of clubs are interested in signing him.

Desparately want a quality striker who can play up top alone, Marlon King on loan but has long term injury.

I have had these bids accepted and players interested in signing but not sure if it is worth blowing almost all my budget on one of them.

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Kevin Doyle

Buyer/Seller: Reading

Player Value: 3.3m

Offer: 5.75m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 7m

Patch: 9.0

Season: 1st

Player Name: Pierre Andre Gignac

Buyer/Seller: Toulouse

Player Value: 3.3m

Offer: 5.5m

Transfer/Wage Budget: 7m

Patch: 9.0

Season: 1st

Would you sign either of these or would you recommend someone else? I've tried getting some cheaper players but none of the same sort of quality.

Who would you suggest I get to replace him? Need someone to partner my other striker...

m9ad84.png

Can spend up to around 16m if need be. I have Lewandowski as well, but not sure if he is first team material yet and can bang in as many goals as Donovan has.

Selling/Buying: Buying

Player Name: M. Cassani

Your Team: Juventus

Seller: Sevilla

Player Value: £12.25M

Offer: £27M

Patch: 8.1 (Yes FM08)

Season: Season 4

Other important info: His average rating playing for Sevilla for the past 3 seasons is as follows - 6.71, 7.14, 6.67

Also I am continually being thwarted in my attempts to buy a top quality RB which is really the only player I need this summer, as all the top RBs play for my rivals who refuse to sell for reasonable amounts (I really don't want to spend £35m+ on a RB though I can easily afford it)

Player Name: Gabriel Obertan

Your Team: PSG

Seller: Bordeaux

Player Value: £10.25M

Offer: £8.75M

Season: Season 2 start

Wow, I think this may be buy of the century. I unsettled him, and since PSG is his favoured club he got unhappy and transfer listed himself. Haggled the price down from 10m.

Would just like to see peoples views.

Player Name: Morgan Schneiderlin

Your Team: PSG

Seller: Southampton

Player Value: £650k

Offer: £1.8m

Season: Season 2 start

looks like he's progressing really well

I'm playing as PSG and finished second in the first season. Looking for a replacement for Guily so I thought Obertan looked perfect, and I need an extra centre mid. I have a budget of 19m, so I would like to see peoples views on these players, and recomendations. Also I'm only buying French players if possible.

Player Name: M. Cassani

Your Team: Juventus

Seller: Sevilla

Player Value: £12.25M

Offer: £27M

Patch: 8.1 (Yes FM08)

Season: Season 4

Other important info: His average rating playing for Sevilla for the past 3 seasons is as follows - 6.71, 7.14, 6.67

Also I am continually being thwarted in my attempts to buy a top quality RB which is really the only player I need this summer, as all the top RBs play for my rivals who refuse to sell for reasonable amounts (I really don't want to spend £35m+ on a RB though I can easily afford it)

Ok as noone is biting perhaps a screenie will help:

mattiacassaniprofilesq4.th.png

Selling/Buying: Got offer from Real Madrid

Player Name: Gaël Clichy

Your Team: Arsenal

Buyer: Real Madrid

Player Value: €18.5M

Offer: €6.75M up front + €26.5M over 24months + 20% profit from next sale (€33.25M in total)

Need help on this one :)

Clichy is good but the offer as well, for a leftback.

mate I think 27m seems a bit steep for a right back, but if you have the money, and there is no one else availiable then go for it I gues.

But i'd try to haggle the price down a little.

I agree, but it's really the only position I need to reinforce as we won the double last season. I have a budget of £84m but all the top RBs play for Inter or Milan, who of course refuse to sell to me. There's a guy at Lazio who other teams have bid 15-19m for and had bids accepted but because I'm their rivals they won't even accept £25m from me. I had a deal agreed for Phillip Lahm for £28m but he chose to stay at Bayern despite me offering him £120k a week. Everyone else is £35m+, except for Rafinha at Barca (they asked for £34m, but hes' not worth more than £20m IMO and Ratinho at £14m, though he is actually a wing back and was signed for only £6.5m in January. I'm concerned about spending so much on this guy though as his average ratings are pretty p!55 poor.

wouldnt sell Clichy for anything tbh

for me he's the best left back in the game, so no I would reject that.

are you talking about Di Silvestre?

I would pay money for him, he is fantastic on 08, but I'm just not sure Cassani is worth that.

Mind you, he is Italian, and I like homegrown players, so if you can't get Di Silvestre, than get Cassani.

but get the price down if you can.

shunt

I always think about things like this from this perspective:

Can I replace this player for less than the transfer amount with a player just as good?

In this case, there are not many LB in the game that will be as good or better than Clichy in season 2. In that sense, there is little point in selling him unless he either really wants to go, or you want to spice up your game by selling anyone and everyone.

Personally, in a long-term game, I would not sell Clichy for any kind of money as he is one of the key players at Arsenal; loyal, consistent, relatively young, and a proven performer.

Yes, I am talking about Di Silvestre but I refuse to pay double the asking price just cos Lazio don't like us, though I'm sure he'll end up at bloody Inter otherwise. I think at the moment I'm favouring Ratinho though he is actually a wingback and expensive compared to his value 6 months ago, but I think it's probably a better option than splashing out £25m+ on a player I'm not sure about. Shunt, Boateng isn't on my radar at present, I'll give him a look.

I know, that's why I asked for some advice here first.

His pace alone, I think he's the fastest leftback in the game, I'm gonna keep him, no matter how hard Real pulls on his shirt.

Just had an offer of €40M :eek:

Just because he's the best left back on the game I bought him from Arsenal for £34.5 mil

Although some might see it as alot, I think I got a bargain lol

Selling/Buying: Selling

Player Name: Emmanuel Eboué

Buyer: Aston Villa

Player Value: €6.5M

Offer: €4.6M up front + €20.5M over 24months + 20% profit from next sale (€25.1M in total)

I have Sagna/Santon in the team already and maybe I could attract this youngster as well:

Player Name: Daniel Schwaab (could be as good as Sagna)

Seller: Leverkusen

Player Value: €5.5M

Offer: around €23M to get his service according to my best scout.

Scout report says that he is not interested in joining my team at this time, maybe the contract could change his mind though.

Another possible replacement for Eboué

Player Name: Jérôme Boateng (potential to be better then Sagna, two-footed, enjoys big matches, ...)

Seller: HSV

Player Value: €5.5M

Offer: €27.5M (made initial €20M offer + clause, they came back with this)

Boateng would be interested in joining, maybe I could unsettle him and get him for a lower price.

Advice please :D

Ok, I already accepted the offer, he's still considering a contract offer but I unsettled him myself so all should be good :)

How much should I ask for Diaby? He is currently valued at around €6.5M, I was thinking of getting €30M out of him, since he is young and has decent stats.

Player Name:Sakho

Your Team: Roma

Buyer/Seller: PSG

Player Value: £3.3 Million

Offer: £7.5million, 1.7 million over 24 months, 20% profit

Transfer/Wage Budget: £10.25 million

Patch: 9.01

Season: Jan of 1st season

or

Player Name: Zapata

Your Team: Roma

Buyer/Seller: Udinese

Player Value: £5.75million

Offer: £7.5million, £5million over 25 months

Transfer/Wage Budget: £10.25million

Patch: 9.01

Season: Jan of 1st

Which one should i be getting?

ye they say he will turn out to be leading prem player, just his stats dont look amazing at the mo and 20m is quite a gamble

witsel looks very good

Obertan will develop, where as Witsel is near complete already. Hence he looks good out of the two stat-wise at the moment. Long term though, Obertan :cool:

Guys, I can get either Gignac for £13m or Bafetimbi Gomis for £9.5m.

Who do you think I should go for?

I'm playing as PSG and I'm building an all french team, so any other recommendations would have to be French.

I'm slightly veering toward Gomis because he's a little younger and cheaper, and also Gignac has our bitter rivals Marseille as his favored team, which would irritate me.

ye gignac has just moved.

Ye im spurs 2nd season just about to kick off

I have pav but at the end of last season he was woeful

have a whopping 130m to spend and really need DC, MR, ML, DR, ST lol

but cant find anyone suitable

Archived