He's good but too many missed interceptions

I have a key player (DM/MC) who regularly registers '3 missed interceptions' in the after-match stats.  Is there a training focus I can put him on to cure him or is this an acceptable error rate for a good DM in Vanarama south?

On 2/26/2018 at 22:44, Mactier said:

I have a key player (DM/MC) who regularly registers '3 missed interceptions' in the after-match stats.  Is there a training focus I can put him on to cure him or is this an acceptable error rate for a good DM in Vanarama south?

As long as you're not getting burned for goals against and he's still typically getting some interceptions, I wouldn't worry too much about it.  If he misses 3 interceptions and gets only 1 or 2 that might be an issue.  I'd expect training along the lines of positioning and anticipation would be excellent for helping facilitate those interceptions.  Being in the right position to defending well and having an idea that the pass is coming both lend themselves well to disrupting the offense.

Sometimes it feels like players don't behave as their attributes suggest. That can be down to morale, consistency and whether or not they are in a big match. It could also be that they lack the work ethic to bother performing well.

4 hours ago, Mactier said:

I read here and there ppl. quoting a player's CA & PA.   I understand what that is BUT where do I look to see it for myself?  (FM17)

It's something that is only visible if you have the in game editor.

Archived