Regens Supported Clubs

DizzyNewHeights

Just a small idea about the teams that regens support. I noticed that they support the club that brought them through the youth ranks, however in real life this isn't the case and many support the bigger clubs from their country and some even support clubs from other countries.

For example I'm playing in Scotland and noticed that a lot of Queens Parks youth intake actually support Queens Park but if it were more accurate then they would mostly support Celtic or Rangers. The same is true for many smaller clubs based in big cities.

This could also change in game if you bring a clubs reputation up then more regens should support that club and as a clubs reputation goes down then less regens should support it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2018 at 08:30, tiago_wakabayashi said:

About the regens preferences I agree. I think to make it easier could in some cases the player support the QPR (for example) by being his first club and in addition he supports another club, as supporter. 

Yes I could definitely get behind the idea of a player having his first team being one of his favourites.

The supported clubs really do need changed though, like my example above, I've spent my whole life in Glasgow and never met a single Queen's Park supporter, despite growing up less than a mile from their stadium and the area they originally represented. In FM most of the regens they produce all support Queen's Park and its just not realistic at all.

Whilst I agree this is more realistic, I do like the idea of taking over smaller clubs like that, and bringing through players who supported the club, to go on to become legends at the club they supported. Football Manager is all about the fantasy after all, shouldn't let the realism get completely in the way. Maybe as a compromise, every player supports a football club (surprised this isn't the case already), and every youth intake has some players supporting the club they play for, and others support other/bigger clubs.

On 3/27/2018 at 23:18, TheGreat10ne1 said:

Whilst I agree this is more realistic, I do like the idea of taking over smaller clubs like that, and bringing through players who supported the club, to go on to become legends at the club they supported. Football Manager is all about the fantasy after all, shouldn't let the realism get completely in the way. Maybe as a compromise, every player supports a football club (surprised this isn't the case already), and every youth intake has some players supporting the club they play for, and others support other/bigger clubs.

Haha I think the more realism the better, the fact that I would ever become a manager in the first place is pushing it. Right now in each teams youth intake they always support the club they came through and no other team, no matter what size the club is. I think the guy above posted a good compromise where they had a team they supported and they had their first club as one of their favourites but liking them as a player rather than a supporter.

• 7 months later...

Archived