signing new contract without work permit

okay, so im managing chelsea, im currently in 2025, and i have a wonderkid striker who i have been unable to get a work permit for, he has been playing for atletico madrid as a key striker the last year and done really well scoring 28 goals in 42 games for them, his current ability is 3.5 stars and potential of 4.5.

the problem im having is not the work permit, i know that once he breaks into the international team he will get the work permit. the problem lies in him signing a contract, his contract is up in a couple of weeks, i have tried to get him to sign plenty of times. he is happy to sign, and we reach an agreement without any problems, however after about a week i get a message stating that he has been rejected a work permit and will have to wait 120 days before re applying. now normally you get the option to sign the player anyways, however this is not the case with me, i can only keep offering him new contracts with the same outcome. 

If anyone can help me with this please do!

im just not sure if this is meant to be the case, or if it is a glitch in my game or something.

Archived