Lower leagues in FM

Can someone explain why it is that the lower leagues (below the Conference North & South) are never included as part of the FM game, when the Italian league goes down as far as Serie C (the A, B & C divisions), the French leagues as far as National league 2 (the A,B,C & D divisions) & the Spanish leagues as far as Segunda Second Division (the B1, B2, B3 & B4 divisions). I am sure that there are many more that I have not checked.

Well, Conference North and South are Level 6 in England, while Serie C and Segunda B are Level 3, National in France is 4... Just because there are more sub-divisions, it doesn't mean it goes "lower"...

Arguably England is the most detailed of the playable nations, with no other legue going farther down the pyramid.

Also, the game's structure (ability and attributes) probably can't handle a much lower level than, say, 2nd divisions in smaller nations, or, Conference N/S in England. As shown by expanded leagues that go below that, there isn't enough room to have a proper difference between, say, Tier 7 and Tier 8, with all players being in the 1-4 rangs of skills.

I don't agree, the lower leagues (below the conference North & South) can be activated by using the Editor. I have started games as Weymouth In one of these leagues. If it can be activated successfully in the Editor so why can't it be included in the released game.

what RBKalle tried to say is that the way the attributes of the players are displayed is almost imposible to get lower, i mean, try to play a Tier 22 team, you can attract a lot of tier 10 players or around that level because the stats just cant go any lower to be any different so players in the 22th tier could play in the tier 10 without any problem. is like trying to get a number lower than 1 that isn't 0, negative or decimal

There is also the issue that most of the teams at that level don't have researchers nor do the teams in the next tier down which limits the chance of those leagues being officially added to the game.

Even doing online research for teams at that level is fairly hard as most of the sides don't even have up-to-date websites - making it hard to just find the current kits for some teams let alone what their current squad is and that doesn't even account for having someone judge the players abilities - so until SI have enough people who support those teams and watch the matches providing research the leagues aren't likely to get added to the game. (basically the same for any other league as well).

Best thing you can do is if you are a supporter of one of those clubs is to look in the database forum and offer to help out with the research for the teams at that level.

15 hours ago, millwallfc said:

I don't agree, the lower leagues (below the conference North & South) can be activated by using the Editor. I have started games as Weymouth In one of these leagues. If it can be activated successfully in the Editor so why can't it be included in the released game.

Turning that around though, if it can be activated successfully in the editor - and has been for a number of years now with some pretty polished edited files -  then why would SI suddenly start doing it?

It may also have to do with licenses, but the main reason seems to be difficulties in getting accurate information (scouting, club info, etc).

This is also why some nations don't have that many tiers available. In Portugal the game only goes to the 3rd tier, where many details about the clubs and players are wrong/outdated. There aren't enough people or knowledge to improve the database, so there would be no reason to add in more divisions, just for them to be mostly outdated and with wrong information.

Archived