Match Engine and minizimed to tray

Does the match engine behave differently when a match are watched (the game are on top of the screen) than it does when the game are minimized to tray during the match?

I have for a long time noticed that my team are playing so much better when the game are minimized. I usually trash the opponents and scores for fun. But whenever I actually decides to watch a game I usually lose or play a draw. Once or twice and it can be a coincidence but it happened so often that I decided to start re-playing that type of games to see what happens and yeah... I usually play terrible and drop points when watching, but not touching, the game. When I then replay the same match and just minimizes the game as soon as the match starts I usually win by a large margin. Same tactics, same team selection and same substitutions.

I play the vast majority of my matches in the background (with the game minimzed to tray) while doing other things on the computer, and I always make all substitutions at halftime.

Does the game calculate the matches differently if the game are run in the background? Similar to how it calculates it differently when a league is active or view-only.

Possibly a very weird thread start and I will probably get some hate for it or comments that I try to blame the game for my own imcompetence. But the replaying part are only because I noticed a pattern and since I rarely actually watch a game it's still going pretty good for my team.

No the game won't behave differently if you have the game minimized or not in focus (also no difference between windowed and full-screen) it all uses the same ME, so it's either coincidence (or confirmation bias), if you are watching the matches are you actively making changes as it could be your changes causing you to drop points as you react to what happens instead of letting the match play out.

Archived