[Discussion/Suggestion] Exchanging Players - Wages/Contracts

AndyJay87

I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I exchange players the outgoing players wages aren't put into the wage budget when negotiating with the incoming player.

I'm managing Coventry and I'm desperately trying to offload Kyel Reid (2.5k/pw in League 2, and he's garbage). My budget is unadjustable as there is no money at the club. Nobody will buy him, nobody wants him. However, I sent a bunch of exchange offers out to players that would be useful and would ask for less in  wages. They all got accepted somehow, but I cant agree a deal with any of them because Reid's wages don't come off the wage budget when negotiating. The best I can offer is £400/pw, which is the same as I can offer a free agent, but none of them are going to accept it.

Surely the game should know what I'm doing.

Also, you should add the option (because this happens in real life exchanges too) to just swap contracts and only negotiate a signing on fee. It employs the same logic and cuts out the rubbish. The players can still reject the move if they don't want to go.

• 9 months later...

Archived