Suggestion - Better editor data

Fireoflife

The thing I would really like to suggest is football leagues from every country but since I know SI won't do that I suggest the following:

When I play Football Manager, I like to play with lots of leagues loaded. It makes it more immersive for me because it means more players, more chance of random promotions happening, more chance of some wonderkid appearing in some obscure region of the world. Usually this means having to wait for Claasen to create his new leagues and they are fantastic. I love having all these countries but I also like in depth leagues so I usually like to expand leagues from existing nations. This is where the problem lies. Because of all the different editor files usually somewhere will be some kind of conflict or there will be a patch that comes out that undoes all of my hard work to get it just right. This is incredibly frustrating because I like to play long immersive games, not just a season before my hard work is undone. 

So, if you're not going to make every country exist in game I propose that you make editing more streamlined, make it easier to identify and correct conflicts between files (It can take hours just to find one conflict as it stands) and make it so that editor data is not affected by patches. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.03.2018 at 17:35, Fireoflife said:

The thing I would really like to suggest is football leagues from every country but since I know SI won't do that I suggest the following:

When I play Football Manager, I like to play with lots of leagues loaded. It makes it more immersive for me because it means more players, more chance of random promotions happening, more chance of some wonderkid appearing in some obscure region of the world. Usually this means having to wait for Claasen to create his new leagues and they are fantastic. I love having all these countries but I also like in depth leagues so I usually like to expand leagues from existing nations. This is where the problem lies. Because of all the different editor files usually somewhere will be some kind of conflict or there will be a patch that comes out that undoes all of my hard work to get it just right. This is incredibly frustrating because I like to play long immersive games, not just a season before my hard work is undone. 

So, if you're not going to make every country exist in game I propose that you make editing more streamlined, make it easier to identify and correct conflicts between files (It can take hours just to find one conflict as it stands) and make it so that editor data is not affected by patches. 

The problem is it's easy to do that with european countries because they have more researchers who cares about lower leagues and real rules in all divisions. In countries like Africa and Asia there are many issues, many users apart from research team try to at least update the teams in division (yes, many countries have incorrect teams even in top league). That's why claasen is and was so angry about this and thats why africa is the last continent in his todo list. 

He's trying to do the leagues as real as possible (foreign players rules, u-21 and regional divisions), but to be fair activating leagues are quite easy to do, even having basic knowledge of editor. The hard thing is to have real format of the lower divisions. 

So if you want activate countries like albania, latvia - it's preety easy. But if you want to expand the leagues - it's hard because you would want also to recreate the original rules. And this is the tricky bit. 

• 8 months later...

Archived