I'm a few years in on a Spanish save.  English players are now Non-eu,  fair enough.  I signed Tammy Abraham... he wasn't foreign... turns out he's part NIGERIAN.    I checked a couple of other Nigerian players by clicking make off and there's no warning about non-eu players in the bottom left.... just checked out a couple of Ivory Coast players too and noticed the same.   What's that about then?

1 hour ago, matt9t said:

I'm a few years in on a Spanish save.  English players are now Non-eu,  fair enough.  I signed Tammy Abraham... he wasn't foreign... turns out he's part NIGERIAN.    I checked a couple of other Nigerian players by clicking make off and there's no warning about non-eu players in the bottom left.... just checked out a couple of Ivory Coast players too and noticed the same.   What's that about then?

Spain has some strange rules about foreign players. There's a lot of countries that are counted as being "within the EU" - among those a lot of African countries. I guess they're just using the EU/non-EU terms because that's what it's called in FM

If you go to the Rules page of the Spanish league you're in, you can see exactly which countries are counted as EU. 

Archived