Estonian League

VSfallin

It is about time that the Estonian Meistrilliga became a playable league. I thought this should have happened way back in 2012 when they should have qualified for the Euros only for Viktor Kassai to show how bad of a referee he is. Anyway for me manageing the club i play for would be amazing. The Estonian league has so much talent as well. Ragnar Klavan for example is a product of FC Flora, as is Mart Poom. Current NAC Breda defender Karol Mets also has come from Flora. Please SI

I think SI have stated, that it takes Championship levels of stadium attendance to consider adding a new league.

For 2017 and 17/18 so far the average attendance of the Championship is 20000. The Estonian league: 282. That is the lowest number of all european top tier leagues. And lower than many second and third tiers.

There is some way to go.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

I think that this number was for SI to consider adding a women's league to the game as the amount of changes and research required would need a substantial revenue spike for it to be considered.

Maybe someone could offer to do research for that league and post in the Data Issues thread.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

I think that this number was for SI to consider adding a women's league to the game as the amount of changes and research required would need a substantial revenue spike for it to be considered.

Maybe someone could offer to do research for that league and post in the Data Issues thread.

My bad. I must have misunderstood.

Still doesn't change the fact, that it is one of the least followed leagues in europe, and it must be at the far end of the line when it comes to potential adds

The good thing is that Estonia is updated in the database and @Milos Tasic is taking care of all the issues reported. 

I guess estonian league is not in the game because of popularity and overall strength. And you can activate the divisions in the editor easly or just use claasen's league pack.

On 4.4.2018 at 21:32, Bigpole said:

The good thing is that Estonia is updated in the database and @Milos Tasic is taking care of all the issues reported. 

I guess estonian league is not in the game because of popularity and overall strength. And you can activate the divisions in the editor easly or just use claasen's league pack.

The overall strength is actually decent enough. It's definatley better than the finnish 2nd division and that is included in the game. 

On 4.4.2018 at 11:39, FrazT said:

Im not sure, as i am a member of my club FC Flora i can attend all home games for free so if given instructions i can attend those. (Although not always as I may play myself for the youth sides) Also for more you could check out the Premium Liiga youtube channel and on Jalgpall.ee you will find the basic stats of player in the official leagues regulated by the Estonian FA (Including youth leagues). I will assist you if needed any way possible. I can also give background info

On 4/4/2018 at 19:32, Bigpole said:

Isn't there problems with these leagues though ? I was reading a Faroese story and there was problems with the clubs being given the correct allocation of European places as the league gained reputation.

1 hour ago, DizzyNewHeights said:

Isn't there problems with these leagues though ? I was reading a Faroese story and there was problems with the clubs being given the correct allocation of European places as the league gained reputation.

not a problem as it has been like this for years 1st place gets to the UEFA Champions League 1st qualifying round 2nd and 3rd go to UEFA Europa League 1st qualifying round. Plus the Cup Winner will also progress to the Europa League.  

For a league to get added to the game it generally needs;

- A certain level of research, for that league and the feeder leagues. You can improve this by helping out in the Database Forum for Estonia.

- Commercial reason, basically if adding the league to the game will increase sales or the game is popular in the country then it increases the chances of being added, licensing also factors in here - You can affect this by encouraging your friends to buy the game, especially if they have been sourcing it by other means previously. Also contacts with the Estonian FA/League would help so you pester them to get the leagues included and agree to licensing.

- Stability a stable and simple league (rules wise) is easier and quicker for them to program in, rather than a league that needs rewriting each season.

- Support from within SI, they generally do a feature meeting each year to consider what gets added. So get a job at SI and then you can pester Miles to add the leagues :)

10 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

For a league to get added to the game it generally needs;

- A certain level of research, for that league and the feeder leagues. You can improve this by helping out in the Database Forum for Estonia.

- Commercial reason, basically if adding the league to the game will increase sales or the game is popular in the country then it increases the chances of being added, licensing also factors in here - You can affect this by encouraging your friends to buy the game, especially if they have been sourcing it by other means previously. Also contacts with the Estonian FA/League would help so you pester them to get the leagues included and agree to licensing.

- Stability a stable and simple league (rules wise) is easier and quicker for them to program in, rather than a league that needs rewriting each season.

- Support from within SI, they generally do a feature meeting each year to consider what gets added. So get a job at SI and then you can pester Miles to add the leagues :)

1.Yes that is something i can do. And even better as i said most more basic stats (game time, goals, assists, cards) are updated after every match they play or are included on the Subs bench

2.I think that Estonia is a very small market but i think the FA would definatley want this to happen as they have been trying to make the league more popular.

3.Yes the rules remain mostly the same as the only thing they change around once in a few years is the number of allowed foreign players.

4.Tell any Derby County fan of Mart Poom in the office and they wil go for it. Also Ragnar Klavan of Liverpool, Tarmo Kink ( 2010-12 Middlesbrough) Jonatan Johansson (1997-2000 Rangers and 2000-2006 Chartlon) have all gotten their career going in Estonia.

5.Call me crazy but trust me SI is not considering hiring a 14 year old lad from Estonia who just happens to know a lot about the football. Like Terry Cooke from Manchester United i would be formally ousted.

6. Come on Estonia is holding the Super Cup this year lets recognize this League finally 

Macedonia held the super cup last season, so I vote we get Macedonia in first ;) 

Joking aside though, I support adding more nations as playable leagues, although I would argue somewhere like Bosnia or Kazakhstan would warrant it more than Estonia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived