The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

On 30/05/2019 at 21:43, Rikulec said:

Hello guys, I just wanted to say that I've just passed my final exam for the UEFA B licence. :cool: Just waiting for them to send me the diploma and the licence itself. To add to the excitement, I've also agreed to move to a bigger, better club in the summer, though I still don't know whether I'll be coaching the U9 or the U11 team. That doesn't really matter though, exciting times ahead! :D

Oh, and I'm also thinking about starting a new save and also a thread here sometime soon. :)

Well done :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone who reads this have a look at their game and see what the injury susceptibility of their squad is looking like? Mine was fine at the last Youth Intake, but I've just noticed that my whole squad is currently at "very low", which is obviously wrong. 

This includes players who have just come through the Youth Intake. 

16e3246cede828c75bf74d5f0394b77c.png

Has anyone heard of this before? 

16 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Would anyone who reads this have a look at their game and see what the injury susceptibility of their squad is looking like? Mine was fine at the last Youth Intake, but I've just noticed that my whole squad is currently at "very low", which is obviously wrong. 

This includes players who have just come through the Youth Intake. 

This is how mine looks - normal. Just realized that the wonderkid I just bought has "very high" though, not amused.

73151b03be3a7239a88684bfcc566304.png

21 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Looks like a normal distribution in my save.

Have you changed staff at the club recently? A new physio or assistant maybe the cause for this showing like that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've got an idea with could easily fit both in here and in the community/fansite forums, and I'm not sure which it would fit in best. I want to do a let's play thing on youtube with it mainly consisting of posting footage of every match in whole and a edited monthly/two monthly round up video. In an ideal world I'd post a thread in community/fansites for the channel as a whole to advertise it to the FM Youtube community, and an individual one for the first career itself in FCMU (plus FCMU exclusive screenshots) for forum users but I'm not sure what either mod ( @deltablue and @Cleon ) would think of that so I'm asking here?

The plan is to edit/post all the updates/youtube videos at the end of each season (i'd do the write up as I go along on a private pro boards forums with screenshots, then post it all on FCMU when the season is over), so if something goes wrong (game file crashes, I alienate the squad again in my first season) people don't get their hopes up. 

I've updated to Windows 10 so I can use game capture software though, it seems the CPU struggles to run football manager as well as it did before on windows 8. Here's the game I captured and uploaded as a test.

Hi @decapitated 

Others have used this forum, (the Careers Forum), to post video only updates, so I don't think there will be an issue with your content, but I've got to admit that that I'm not particularly sure it's worth your while. I haven't seen a single video only thread that has garnered any interest at all never min about decent interest. It just doesn't seem as if that's what those who frequent the forum are looking for. 

If people want a video then they will search either YouTube or Twitch or the like. This is much more, (but not entirely), about the written word. 

If I was starting out and wanting to create a YouTube LetsPlay, then would I put it in here? Yeah I probably would, but the advice I have given others is that I would flesh it out with a summary and text and graphics and encourage people to read and then watch the LetsPlay, (but that's just me). 

You are selling something in here that basically we aren't looking for, so while it's not against the rules, I'm not sure it's the best use of your time. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Hi @decapitated 

Others have used this forum, (the Careers Forum), to post video only updates, so I don't think there will be an issue with your content, but I've got to admit that that I'm not particularly sure it's worth your while. I haven't seen a single video only thread that has garnered any interest at all never min about decent interest. It just doesn't seem as if that's what those who frequent the forum are looking for. 

If people want a video then they will search either YouTube or Twitch or the like. This is much more, (but not entirely), about the written word. 

If I was starting out and wanting to create a YouTube LetsPlay, then would I put it in here? Yeah I probably would, but the advice I have given others is that I would flesh it out with a summary and text and graphics and encourage people to read and then watch the LetsPlay, (but that's just me). 

You are selling something in here that basically we aren't looking for, so while it's not against the rules, I'm not sure it's the best use of your time. 

In that case then I'll discontinue the thread here, and post it in the fansite/community forum. Thank you for the advice :) 

Kilmarnock being knocked out of Europe by Connah's Quay is the type of result you expect to see 15 years into an FM save. Mental to see it happening in real life. Next up, Gigi Buffon will buy Brentford, Lionel Messi will end up as manager of Vålerenga, and Jose Mourinho will rock up at a newly-minted VFL Osnabrück. 

1 hour ago, withnail316 said:

Kilmarnock being knocked out of Europe by Connah's Quay is the type of result you expect to see 15 years into an FM save. Mental to see it happening in real life. Next up, Gigi Buffon will buy Brentford, Lionel Messi will end up as manager of Vålerenga, and Jose Mourinho will rock up at a newly-minted VFL Osnabrück. 

I'm impressed with some of the accuracy in my FM 07 save with regards to managers, but then there's still also Vidic at Scunthorpe, Saha in South Africa and Xavi coaching at some Irish club...

10 years as SC Braga manager! Longest I've made in FM19, by far.

The idea behind this save was to do some trading. Buying cheap youngsters, mostly from South-America, and then make them grow, and sell them if clubs come for them, and buy new youngsters.
That aspect worked pretty well overall. A few examples:
 - N.Acevedo, 300k€, sold 52M€ after 2.5 seasons
 - L.Martinez, 1.7M€, sold 40M€ after 4 seasons (he just came back, at 30 yo, and for free)
 - L. Fontana, 650k€, sold 28M€ after 2.5 seasons
 - Guga, 3.9M€, sold 25M€ after 5 seasons
 - R.Marquez, 3.2M€, sold 30M€ after 5 seasons
 - I.Erquiaga, 2.8M€, sold 26.5M€ after 3.5 seasons
 - E.Unsain, free, sold 18.5M€ after 2 seasons
 - C.Mora, 1.2M€, sold 22M€ after 3 seasons
 - Taylor, 9M€, sold 100M€ after 4 seasons
 - G.Arabidze, 3M€, sold 35M€ after 6 seasons and probably becoming the best player in the club's history, with 126 goals and 47 assists in 234 (+22 subs) games

Of course some others are next on line, like Makeev (free, got bids around 50M€ already) or Cortes (6M€, got bids around 50M€ too). Taylor, the one who left for 100M€, he just left, and I can accept easily that offer because I already have 2 extremely good young players at his position who will easily replace him. My roster has 23 years old on average.
I bought 64 players for 251M€, and sold 72 for 723M€. For next season, the board offered me... 326M€ for transfers. And I have 2M€ free on my wage budget too.

Trading is fun, but how is it useful if it doesn't follow on the pitch? Well, I think this is a nice success too.
First season was tough though. We weren't far from getting sacked, and finished out of european places. It meant second season would be focused only on the league, which allowed us to grab the second place. The next season  was about the same, although we finished 4th, but we still dominated most teams while beating Sporting, Benfica or Porto was impossible.
It all changed in 4th season. This is the season we finally got to beat a big club. And boy did we not stop at one. All of a sudden we became a big club beater. Which got us my first trophy, my first league title, and my first treble all at once.
While establishing ourselves in Europe over the next 3 seasons (2 CL quarter-finals and then a first knock-out round), we couldn't get first again in Liga NOS. We came extremely close in 6th season, when we were 11 points ahead in february, but lost the title at the last game when we got blastered by Rio Ave while Benfica was easily winning. That title loss is still stuck in my throat. But we still did very good in the different cups, even becoming invincible in the main one.
We got the title back in season 8, while reaching our first CL semi-finals, to lose by one goal to Barcelona.
Bis repetita season 9, crowned in Liga NOS, eliminated by Barcelona in semies of CL. The tenth season, we finally got over that Barcelona obstacle in the semies (3 years in a row FCB in semies!). Beat them 2-1 over the 2 legs, to face Villarreal in the final. Villarreal, who has 2 starters and a main sub on loan from... us, which meant not available for the final. Was it a big factor, I don't know, but we claimed the win 2-0!

Christmas of the 4th season is also when Portugal approached me. I accepted, and reached the final of Euro 2024, to lose against France. Following that, we stared the World Cup 2026 pretty poorly, to grow during the tournament and beat England 5-0 in the final. Exactly a week later, I was appointed France manager, after I asked for the job. We won the Nations League. Euro 2028 was a weird one. We weren't really good, reached the final God knows how, yet the final against Italy went well and we won (pretty sure listenning to 1998 WC France's anthem I Will Survive helped :lol:)
I don't know what is my international future. I'd like to manage Brazil. Coming back to Portugal would be nice too. At the same time, I'd like to go further with France. But some positions are really lacking talents and older players start to be really old and decreasing.

Career Stats

Braga's trophy cabinet

► Hall Of Fame

PS: sorry, that was long, and I hope it fits that thread

Edited by JeffDogg

7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Just when you think you know where you will be Managing in FM20, this happens. 

Every time there's a story about something nuts happening, it involves Rubiales and the Spanish Football Federation. The biggest bunny boiler in the world, now he's a gold digger. What a slut.

Edited by git2thachoppa

On 29/07/2019 at 23:25, Nobby_McDonald said:

Bloody ridiculous. Relegate one team for financial reasons then take a payment to promote another club. It's one reason I'm not a fan of modern football.

It might be more the way it's said but yeah, it's weird

With Braga, I took Spain in the end. But I wasn't motivated for them. So I quit after like 6 games. Those were bad games too. The pool of talent isn't that good, and the supposedly goot players were horrendous. And in the end, right after I took them, I decided I should try to win on every continent, so I wasn't motivated anymore. Waiting for African Nation Cup now, see if i can get a decent nation after that.

On 29/07/2019 at 22:25, Nobby_McDonald said:

Bloody ridiculous. Relegate one team for financial reasons then take a payment to promote another club. It's one reason I'm not a fan of modern football.

It is ridiculous. 

There is an ex Barnet player playing there so I'm happy for them, but they only got promoted to the 4th tier this season so they have had a double jump. Surely it should be about league placing rather than just plain cash? 

40 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It is ridiculous. 

There is an ex Barnet player playing there so I'm happy for them, but they only got promoted to the 4th tier this season so they have had a double jump. Surely it should be about league placing rather than just plain cash? 

That's the logical precedent, but we're talking about a guy who sabotaged Spain's World Cup chances because someone did something specifically outlined as ok in their contract. Football 2nd, personal gratification 1st.

What's the longest game time you've got in an FM save or in total for one game?

Seeing as my current story is at 119 days, and my save before it on the same game must've been just as long, I was curious.

Just finished my 3rd season with Sochaux, finishing 4th in Ligue 1. This guy just won this award despite being only 17 :D :eek:  Only player from my team. made it into team of the season at goalkeeper spot.

5ce6a4f6c3f24f459df278718ce5a469.png 

709be05b67a74ad600bc6ea104ddbf33.png 

Pushing Prevot, our captain out of starting XI :D 

6600677e946e4fdd28dacd828b1a7419.png 

Also found this guy, while looking through Brazilian clubs, costing me a huge money of 98K :lol: Which was his minimum release clause. Been superb for me and already picking up awards :cool: play him as IW at right mid as I play 4-4-2.

Edited by john1

13 hours ago, git2thachoppa said:

What's the longest game time you've got in an FM save or in total for one game?

Seeing as my current story is at 119 days, and my save before it on the same game must've been just as long, I was curious.

LOLLOL

On 29/07/2019 at 19:50, Jimbokav1971 said:

Just when you think you know where you will be Managing in FM20, this happens. 

I'm going to start with them now with database , 3d kits and kits thanks to Sherrif7 . I'm thinking about posting my career in this thread , what is the best way to upload pictures so they are readable in the topic ? Or is it better to post links to the images ? FC Andorra play in the 5th tier , play in the right stadium and get 5 future transfers like they did in real life (Javi Martos etc). I'll do a youth only challenge . I don't have experience in writing updates, is it ok to just post my season(table - youth intake etc here ?) or not allowed ?  @Sheriff7

Edited by Olivierlandman

21 minutes ago, Olivierlandman said:

I'm going to start with them now with database , 3d kits and kits thanks to Sherrif7 . I'm thinking about posting my career in this thread , what is the best way to upload pictures so they are readable in the topic ? Or is it better to post links to the images ? FC Andorra play in the 5th tier , play in the right stadium and get 5 future transfers like they did in real life (Javi Martos etc). I'll do a youth only challenge . I don't have experience in writing updates, is it ok to just post my season(table - youth intake etc here ?) or not allowed ?  @Sheriff7

Be better to make your own thread as probably no one else has wanted to do it on FM 19 yet.

On 06/03/2019 at 00:30, Jimbokav1971 said:

I have loved managing in Iceland but the Youth Teams were broken out of the box in FM19 for some clubs. I reported it as a bug so hopefully fixed now. Good luck. :thup:

I wanted to play in Iceland (and started with IBV) but 2/3 of the teams have no U19 team.. some have affiliated and that is a crazy system. I saw in on of your great topics that this was broke.

I really want to try the short league formats, but spain 5th tier is also a short competition.

I've just started a save in Laos (posted on the forum). I have been trying to understand how the Asian continental competitions work for future reference. Some of it seems quite complicated. Does anyone know how it works in Asia or have any links that helps explain it?

I know there's the Asian Champions League. There seems to be a few more though and I don't know too much about formats, who qualifies etc.

Any help appreciated.

Edited by Tikka Mezzala

21 hours ago, Olivierlandman said:

I wanted to play in Iceland (and started with IBV) but 2/3 of the teams have no U19 team.. some have affiliated and that is a crazy system. I saw in on of your great topics that this was broke.

I really want to try the short league formats, but spain 5th tier is also a short competition.

Yeah, it certainly seemed broken out of the box, but I must admit that I haven't looked at it again after more recent updates. 

You can post in here, but I'm glad you have created your own thread. :thup:

I'm about to have a look at your thread now, but in terms of what format it takes, it's really down to the individual. 

If you are going Youth based then you could just post the Youth Intake page and the League table at the end of the season, but you usually have to add something else to get readers interested. 

Lots of posters concentrate on individual players and I of course focus on my GK's.

2 hours ago, Pechorin said:

I've just started a save in Laos (posted on the forum). I have been trying to understand how the Asian continental competitions work for future reference. Some of it seems quite complicated. Does anyone know how it works in Asia or have any links that helps explain it?

I know there's the Asian Champions League. There seems to be a few more though and I don't know too much about formats, who qualifies etc.

Any help appreciated.

There's the AFC Cup as well as the Champions League. In real life,  it's available to teams outside of the top 12 nations in Asia, so I suspect that will be you initially. 

You *may* be able to qualify for the CL by winning the AFC Cup, but that depends on the AFC and your club's status, to the best of my knowledge. You're more likely to need to drag the league up the co-efficient table to gain access, though. 

Edited by withnail316

13 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

There's the AFC Cup as well as the Champions League. In real life,  it's available to teams outside of the top 12 nations in Asia, so I suspect that will be you initially. 

You *may* be able to qualify for the CL by winning the AFC Cup, but that depends on the AFC and your club's status, to the best of my knowledge. You're more likely to need to drag the league up the co-efficient table to gain access, though. 

I read there's an East/West split in some competitions. Which would hardly seem fair if I was to get into the CL, given China, South Korea and Japan are all in the East. I read this split is maintained right up until the final. 

6 minutes ago, Pechorin said:

I read there's an East/West split in some competitions. Which would hardly seem fair if I was to get into the CL, given China, South Korea and Japan are all in the East. I read this split is maintained right up until the final. 

There is a split, simply to limit travel between games as Asia is enormous. And yes, it's all the way up to the final of the CL. 

Just now, withnail316 said:

There is a split, simply to limit travel between games as Asia is enormous. And yes, it's all the way up to the final of the CL. 

Cheers.

It is understandable logistically. It's just going to make it harder should I ever play in the CL with a club from one of the lesser nations. I suppose they have the top ranked nations only for a reason. I dread to think what the score would be if I were to face a Chinese SuperLeague team. 

If I manage to qualify for the lesser tournament I'll be happy.

12 minutes ago, JeffDogg said:

Well, I won the World Cup again. WIth the USA :lol:
A weird WC, but I'll take it.

Amazing. My best attempt at a WC was with Scotland in FM 2008. Ended up going out at the group stage after losing to Switzerland and Zambia. That was after getting to the semis of Euro 2008. 

You must be quite the FM player to win it with the US.

12 hours ago, Pechorin said:

Amazing. My best attempt at a WC was with Scotland in FM 2008. Ended up going out at the group stage after losing to Switzerland and Zambia. That was after getting to the semis of Euro 2008. 

You must be quite the FM player to win it with the US.

I'm actually really bad at FM.
It was a bit of a weird WC. Finished ahead of Ukraine and Australia in the groupe stage. Then we got Japan. While we beat Japan, France and Brazil got booted out by Ukraine and Ireland. Then we played Ireland, which I beat 7-3 in friendly a week before the WC. Got a red card after 2 minutes, another one later, but somehow managed to win on penalty shoot-outs.
While we did all that, most contenders eliminated each other (Argentina, England). We got Portugal, and I don't know how, we blasted them 4-1. I had 3 guys suspended for that game too. Then in semies, Denmark (why?!). Beat them on penalties. Then Italy, on penalties, after they scored in the first 5 minutes.
So a full WC facing only Portugal and Italy as big big nations (although in 2030, cards are redistributed a bit but not that much). Mexico finished 3rd too.

And also, I don't use my own tactic. So I'm left with picking players, and then managing the games.

I could have gotten a lot of nice nations after that, including the one I want, Brazil. But I haven't won the Gold Cup yet, so I stay.

Edited by JeffDogg

I find the shirt sales low.

f3RVBE.jpg

Less than 16,000?

I know not every fan buys the replica tops but given the crowds we get, then there will be fans that buy tops but don't go to games as well.

H4gfUz.jpg

20 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yeah, it certainly seemed broken out of the box, but I must admit that I haven't looked at it again after more recent updates. 

You can post in here, but I'm glad you have created your own thread. :thup:

I'm about to have a look at your thread now, but in terms of what format it takes, it's really down to the individual. 

If you are going Youth based then you could just post the Youth Intake page and the League table at the end of the season, but you usually have to add something else to get readers interested. 

Lots of posters concentrate on individual players and I of course focus on my GK's.

haha thanks, i'll make sure one of my goalkeepers scores at least one penalty :)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/apr/04/real-san-andres-the-colombian-club-who-relocated-1000km-from-home

This could be an interesting challenge. Might give it a go myself at one point. I was looking to see if there were any regional leagues for Colombia's islands San Andres and Providencia. There is, but it ain't in the game. Might try and create it. But anyway, I came across this when I was looking about for it. Taking them to the top of South American football would be amazing. I've been to San Andres and I had no idea it had a team. Now they have merged with a team in the second division and are looking to have the likes of Atletico Nacional visit in the cup. 

1621968172_Sanstitre-1.thumb.jpg.33184c1aa88562fd8da32c9027bd82fe.jpg

:thup:

Although when it comes to national teams I feel like I'm always in counter current. I left the USA after losing the final of the Gold Cup, now I'm with South Africa. The team wasn't qualified for the CHAN, which was a huge blow. Now I have to wait to play the CAN, and then the CHAN. I could take Colombia, great country, but then I have to wait 2 years before the Copa America. By this time I would have something to play with South Africa. But can I win with South Africa? That's not a sure thing, by far. The only advantage they have is that there is the South African league in the game.
I'm really losing time in my goal to win on all continents. But I usually have to wait big competitions to get a new team, so then I have to wait a long time before that competition plays again (unless it's WC)

Trekking through the 2040 transfer window saw this old hand appear

7f12f9faecc7d19705ec2aedc046c9ba.png

Interesting twist with him being at Man Utd in this reality

84859dc162a9e3ea38f02ccba9aa9997.png

I am unable to scout him so he remains a mystery

126686cf0fc49c9eb53c4dd0e5d2c062.png

But what sort of player gets released on a free by St Johnstone, signed by Man Utd on a free, then sold on a year later for over £20M?

1 hour ago, scousevasey said:

But what sort of player gets released on a free by St Johnstone, signed by Man Utd on a free, then sold on a year later for over £20M?

By the looks of it he didnt got released by St Johnstone (they wouldnt do it to a youngster playing 40 games that season) but let his contract run out in order to move to a bigger club. Then he couldnt handle it and was sold to a medium tier club. Seems legit to me.

4 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

By the looks of it he didnt got released by St Johnstone (they wouldnt do it to a youngster playing 40 games that season) but let his contract run out in order to move to a bigger club. Then he couldnt handle it and was sold to a medium tier club. Seems legit to me.

Good point.  Would be easier to tell if I could scout him

3 hours ago, scousevasey said:

Trekking through the 2040 transfer window saw this old hand appear

7f12f9faecc7d19705ec2aedc046c9ba.png

Interesting twist with him being at Man Utd in this reality

84859dc162a9e3ea38f02ccba9aa9997.png

I am unable to scout him so he remains a mystery

126686cf0fc49c9eb53c4dd0e5d2c062.png

1 hour ago, Muttley84 said:

If St Johnstone offered him a contract equal to or more than his existing contract, don't Man Utd still have to pay compensation when signing him if he is under 23?