The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

32 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

also @Jimbokav1971, I would be interested in a community multiplayer / online tournament, game, etc.

I agree that online saves in general are difficult, I used to play a lan save with my brother and dad, even when we all lived at home it was a nightmare. Think in the time you'd have IRed through your 1st season, my dad would have identified his 1st transfer target...

Anyway, I am interested, though am unsure how helpful a guinea pig I could be in the testing phase, as I am still working 40-60 hour weeks in the NHS.

But if it gets sufficient interest to get to the signup stage, please count me in

Not sure if we have thanked you in here for your hard work at the moment so in case we haven't.

THANK YOU:applause:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Not sure if we have thanked you in here for your hard work at the moment so in case we haven't.

THANK YOU:applause:

although it worries me how you can possibly know that I wasn't working hard before this!

Have you had cameras installed? ;) 

While I'm not working I'm going to try and catch up with just 1 thread in here in full per day. I'm going to post it in here and give a brief outline of what it's about and if anyone is looking for a new thread to read then they can join me and post in the thread. I think a lot of us post and post and post, (and even read a fair bit too), but i don't think we feed back into other threads as much as we might. 

Today's thread is from @_Ben_It's based in Spain, is extremely spreadsheet heavy, (who doesn't love that?), and is especially focussed on player development and Personality tracking. He also plays with "hidden attributes" if that's your thing. It's very "graphic heavy", with Ben keen to use pictures/visuals to show things and then just expand on his thinking around that area.

If you read 1 new thread in the forum today, then this should be it. It's 17 pages long but don't worry about that. Just read 1 page per day and I promise you it will be time well spent. :thup:

Oh, and don't forget to post in the thread if you like it or you have questions/comments. It doesn't matter if you are only on page 1 or page 17. Enjoy. :cool:

12 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

While I'm not working I'm going to try and catch up with just 1 thread in here in full per day. I'm going to post it in here and give a brief outline of what it's about and if anyone is looking for a new thread to read then they can join me and post in the thread. I think a lot of us post and post and post, (and even read a fair bit too), but i don't think we feed back into other threads as much as we might. 

Today's thread is from @_Ben_It's based in Spain, is extremely spreadsheet heavy, (who doesn't love that?), and is especially focussed on player development and Personality tracking. He also plays with "hidden attributes" if that's your thing. It's very "graphic heavy", with Ben keen to use pictures/visuals to show things and then just expand on his thinking around that area.

If you read 1 new thread in the forum today, then this should be it. It's 17 pages long but don't worry about that. Just read 1 page per day and I promise you it will be time well spent. :thup:

Oh, and don't forget to post in the thread if you like it or you have questions/comments. It doesn't matter if you are only on page 1 or page 17. Enjoy. :cool:

just finished paged one, 

It's a very different take on playing the game, I never even contemplated changing attributes to simple colours. I am looking forward to more in depth scouting information as I go deeper, as that is certainly something I need help with in my saves.

Today's thread that I'm going to catch up on in full is from @ToMexico!!

It's based in Cameroon and I was astonished to see the quality of player on show. (Much better than I expected). He seems keen on Youth Development, (although he starts with really poor facilities), and has what can be best described as a "free-scoring" style :lol:

Lots of people have a "thing" that makes their saves different, and @ToMexico!!seems to have developed a section within his save where he tracks his ex Staff and follows their progress after they leave. (It adds some depth to the save). I wasn't aware of this but it seems that you can only play Pro football in Cameroon if you are Cameroonian. That's obviously pretty cool from a Youth Development point of view, but as your youngsters probably still get poached by the European bog-boys if they are any good, it also acts to limit growth and club development. 

Something that I learned from this thread, (at least I think it was here because I have seen a few using it now), is the attribute tracking screen which is shown below. Love that! :applause: 

Anyway, time for me to catch up because I've only read a few posts. 

dc13b7697cd421a07bb595c68f68e9d4.png

Apologies for not promoting a thread in here yesterday. Believe it or not I was actually busy for the 1st time in ages. (Very strange feeling):lol:

Today's thread is from established poster @smp20He's actually one of my favourite posters on here and I'm ashamed to admit that until 08:57 this morning I have not read a single post of his thread. (Shame on me). Although I have seen this thread a few times, until now I've always put off reading it in full. No longer. 

He's managing Lens in France and it seems he has designs on creating an "African only" Lens side that includes African only staff as well as players. At this stage I'm not sure if he means 2nd Nationalities too, (although i expect so), and I'm also not sure if he is exempting products of the Lens Academy from this, (but i don't think so). * Actually, I've got as far as the 1st Youth Intake now and he has clarified that only qualifying players will be signed, (he got 4 in the 1st intake).  He is limiting himself to players who have a Nationality or a 2nd Nationality that is considered a French speaking African Country, (and he lists these 23 Nations for clarity). I have had a very similar idea myself, of managing a team in the South of France and only signing African players, but in the end opted to go Basque only with FM19 instead. 

Where as I have always had @smp20down as quite an intelligent bloke, the signing of a 5'8" keeper on page 1 would seem to suggest that I might have to re-think things. :lol:

@smp20's style is quite easy on the eye. He mainly uses visuals to tell the story, with some added text for detail, but he also uses lots of embedded links which means that while you can see all the new players if you want, the screen isn't cluttered with them. So for those who want to speed-read through the story without looking at absolutely everything, then his style is probably preferable to you. 

Toppling PSG is a big ask, (as I can testify to after my French-Basque career last season), but to do so with such restrictions as @smp20is trying to do is really commendable. :applause:

I get a lot of people prefer Full fat version but.................ffs

w2xFUN.jpgoCsIEV.jpg

I normally just scroll past these posts because some comments are just ridiculous. :lol:

Edited by Maw74

18 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Where are those comments from? Facebook?

Yeah

So many seem to think Touch is just for other devices, they don't seem to know that restrictions can be lifted on PC/Laptop and you can play for unlimited seasons.

Edited by Maw74

playing touch at work on the IPAD and the full fat version at home.

The only thing I am missing on the touch version (unless it is just a case of me not being able to find it) is the touchline shouts. I feel at home that they sometimes have an impact on the way the team plays. Where as on touch I feel if I want to change the game in a drastic way I have to make a formation change to get the same effect

57 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

Yeah

So many seem to think Touch is just for other devices, they don't seem to know that restrictions can be lifted on PC/Laptop and you can play for unlimited seasons.

I must admit that before I was told in here, I thought that FMT was the same as FMH (is that the abbreviation for FM Handheld?) I didn't realise there was a difference and how significant, (albeit that this was a few years ago). Unless someone explains things to you and/or you try it yourself, I think it can't be much of a surprise that people don't know much about FMT. Let's be honest, have you seen any SI/Sega adverts telling us what the differences are? No, neither have I.

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I must admit that before I was told in here, I thought that FMT was the same as FMH (is that the abbreviation for FM Handheld?) I didn't realise there was a difference and how significant, (albeit that this was a few years ago). Unless someone explains things to you and/or you try it yourself, I think it can't be much of a surprise that people don't know much about FMT. Let's be honest, have you seen any SI/Sega adverts telling us what the differences are? No, neither have I.

Yeah that is a good and fair point, no SI/Sega adverts for the game are poor really imo, I don't expect everybody to know and no not surprised that a lot don't, I don't like the Touch name anyway, they should have kept the PC version as Classic, I get they want to have the cross-save option between devices, I wonder how many play the same save over different devices anyway, yeah too many names makes it confusing as people mix them up.

So yeah I get the confusion, just annoying when they slag a version off or put it down and make comments like it's easy or less of a game, like that silly comparison in those comments.

Edited by Maw74

Torn between making Cyprus into a top nation or a vanilla Conference N/S to Prem. Cyprus sounds tempting. Hmmm. As long as I can wherl and deal. Not sure what Eiropean leagues to load with it..

With Cyprus i would load Greece (of course),England and Italy (some Cypriots playing there),Serbia(many connections and "cheap" players and staff),Malta,maybe Brazil and maybe 1-2 other "big" leagues.

Edited by Sheriff7

2 hours ago, Peter G said:

Torn between making Cyprus into a top nation or a vanilla Conference N/S to Prem. Cyprus sounds tempting. Hmmm. As long as I can wherl and deal. Not sure what Eiropean leagues to load with it..

8 minutes ago, Sheriff7 said:

With Cyprus i would load Greece (of course),England and Italy (some Cypriots playing there),Serbia(many connections and "cheap" players and staff),Malta,maybe Brazil and maybe 1-2 other "big" leagues.

I would also add Turkey as well.

15 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I know it makes sense because they are neighbors but their relations are awful after Turkish attack to the north part of the island back to 1974..You won't find any connections with them.

Edited by Sheriff7

I hope I'm not annoying anyone with these posts by the way. If you don't like them then by all means mention it to me. 

Today's suggested thread comes from @Mikaelinho and it's a bit weird if I'm honest, but weird in a good way. 

He's managing Santos in Brazil and the idea behind it sounds straightforward, but isn't. He wants to find the next Pele (or Neymar, but I have an intense dislike for all things Neymar so for the purposes of this post I am going to ignore him and just talk about Pele). It's not just about finding a player who will score you loads of goal, (I have a few GK's who can do that), :lol: It's more about the substance of the player. To that end @Mikaelinhohas developed a "rating system" This rating system, (called Ginga), incorporates the following 5 attributes. 

Dribbling
Technique
Flair
Acceleration
Agility

Yeah I know people look down their noses a little at flair, and who really cares about agility, (me), but it's his "thing" and it has allowed him to create something quite unique within FM in terms of a game/thread style. 

He's very much into developing players and there is a lot of Youth Development content, but the biggest thing about the thread is that he does something with Gyazo (I think), where he puts 1 picture per year for a player together and has the picture scroll through them so you effectively get to see the player develop in front of your eyes. I've never seen anybody do that ad it blew my mind when I first saw it. The thread is worth reading for that alone. 

It's not something you can easily speed through, and he links to his external blog, (which is excellent), but especially if you have some time on your hands you should make yourself a cuppa, sit down and engross yourself in it. I promise that it does not disappoint. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

@Jimbokav1971

only my 2 penneth but you are definitely not annoying me.

i agree with you that (in my experience) I post and post on my own thread and have very limited knowledge of any of the other excellent threads on this forum.

I also sometimes get to wondering if anyone is actually reading what I write as the comments are few and far between.

however at the same time I don’t feedback on many threads myself.

highlighting a thread whenever you have chance is a great way for the community to realise the rich wealth of content we have here, Hopefully bringing us closer together and showing there is more to do on here than just blinker ourselves to our own content.

however still being at work, I definitely don’t have your pace! I’m only on page 4 of @_Ben_’s thread !

11 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

hope I'm not annoying anyone with these posts by the way. If you don't like them then by all means mention it to me. 

I think you should go with the standard idea of carry on posting if you want to. Nobody is forced to read what you are writing.

That being said, I have a handful of posters who I look out for, and then skip over lots of other threads. Seeing the map showing the clubs in regularly posted threads just highlights how many I skip over.  Having a brief overview of what is happening in certain ones helps decide if I want to delve further into them

7 hours ago, Mandy42 said:

however still being at work, I definitely don’t have your pace! I’m only on page 4 of @_Ben_’s thread !

I think that's the point. Where as I have been off work for a while now, (and still haven't got a concrete date to go back), you are working and have much less free time. Hopefully by me describing what the save is about and what the posters style is right, people like you can rule out those that don't really interest you, but also be made aware of new posters that they haven't read before and who are exactly what you want to read. 

Some threads, (particularly those of @_Ben_and @Mikaelinho) are not an easy read and quite often you have to go back and read posts a 2nd time to make sure you'e understood completely what is going on and have a think about it. That certainly doesn't make it for everyone, but it's also completely what others want. 

You've started reading a huge thread at my suggestion. There was obviously something there that caught your eye. No matter how slowly you are going you've already read 4 pages more than you would have. 

That sounds like a win to me! :thup:

23 minutes ago, scousevasey said:

I think you should go with the standard idea of carry on posting if you want to. Nobody is forced to read what you are writing.

That being said, I have a handful of posters who I look out for, and then skip over lots of other threads. Seeing the map showing the clubs in regularly posted threads just highlights how many I skip over.  Having a brief overview of what is happening in certain ones helps decide if I want to delve further into them

Thanks. 

Yeah, I think a lot of people have a "shortlist" of posters that they follow. I love reading the @Makoto Nakamurastuff for example, but because he plays so quickly it's really not that easy, (which reminds me I must have a fair bit to catch up on in his Toto thread, (which hasn't been updated since Sunday and makes me wonder if there is another thread in the horizon). When was the last time there was no @Makoto Nakamuraon page 1 of the forum? 

I suppose this is just to encourage everyone that even though not many people seem to post, there are lost of people reading your threads. 

For example I don't get that many replies in my Cambrogi thread, but it's had 17.5k views so someone is reading it. What I used to do is compare how many views I had in a 24 hour period. Quite often you post and don't get a response and don't get many views and you might think "what's the point!" Look at it over a longer period and I would be astonished if nobody is reading it. 

1 particular poster who really seems to get through a lot of threads is @Nobby_McDonaldHe doesn't post every day or every week, but when he has time, (often late at night), he just goes through the top 20 or so threads and just responds in all of them. If you have a thread that nobody has responded in, (other than the owner), then I think it can really give a new lease of life to show someone that there are others reading, (so well done him). 

The map was a good tool actually, (and I was really surprised by how Scandi-centric we are in here), although I think things might have moved on a little since then. Who was it who created the map and if it's not too much work, how do they feel about updating it and posting it again? 

21 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I suppose this is just to encourage everyone that even though not many people seem to post, there are lost of people reading your threads. 

For example I don't get that many replies in my Cambrogi thread, but it's had 17.5k views so someone is reading it. What I used to do is compare how many views I had in a 24 hour period. Quite often you post and don't get a response and don't get many views and you might think "what's the point!" Look at it over a longer period and I would be astonished if nobody is reading it. 

The map was a good tool actually, (and I was really surprised by how Scandi-centric we are in here), although I think things might have moved on a little since then. Who was it who created the map and if it's not too much work, how do they feel about updating it and posting it again? 

I am another who checks the views on my threads. It is odd, as I post to share, and want people to read, but also only post what I want to share, so if nobody reads it is not the end of the world.  But it is nice to see people are interested.

I have just gone back a page and think it was @Muttley84 who created the map. I imagine it is quite time consuming to go through that number of threads (the last one was any thread updated in the last month, and the posting rate has gone up with more of us at home), then find the badges and locations to add them to the map. That said, if it something they like doing, it is definitely interesting to see what is out there.

I am all for the sharing of threads, especially some from newer posters. Having been on the thread for a couple of years I think my shortlist is built around people who were posting then, that I enjoyed before posting my own saves. I probably need to do similar to what @Jimbokav1971 is doing and read through some new threads.

I'm the same I only really read a handful of threads but I do skim through many others but I don't post much/any feedback in the ones I do read. I also look at view counts for my thread v number of posts from other forum members and think why do I bother posting if no one is commenting in my thread. 

For me its probably the fact my save has become very easy I doubt many people are reading it/ its an African save which not many people will want to read about. I just genuinely can not play this game anymore in a top nation/top team, it bores me. That's why my past few saves have been Ghana, Level 11 England, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan and Cameroon. 

But I will keep going as I am enjoying the save; creating new goal scoring records using an ultra attacking formation, developing Cameroonian youth and adding some depth with adding another nation/keeping track of my former staff. 

3 hours ago, scousevasey said:

I have just gone back a page and think it was @Muttley84 who created the map. I imagine it is quite time consuming to go through that number of threads (the last one was any thread updated in the last month, and the posting rate has gone up with more of us at home), then find the badges and locations to add them to the map. That said, if it something they like doing, it is definitely interesting to see what is out there.

It is actually very time consuming, but it combines my two biggest passions - geography and football. Unfortunately not enough time to do another one as I've gone back to full work mode now.

17 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I hope I'm not annoying anyone with these posts by the way. If you don't like them then by all means mention it to me. 

Today's suggested thread comes from @Mikaelinho and it's a bit weird if I'm honest, but weird in a good way. 

He's managing Santos in Brazil and the idea behind it sounds straightforward, but isn't. He wants to find the next Pele (or Neymar, but I have an intense dislike for all things Neymar so for the purposes of this post I am going to ignore him and just talk about Pele). It's not just about finding a player who will score you loads of goal, (I have a few GK's who can do that), :lol: It's more about the substance of the player. To that end @Mikaelinhohas developed a "rating system" This rating system, (called Ginga), incorporates the following 5 attributes. 

Dribbling
Technique
Flair
Acceleration
Agility

Yeah I know people look down their noses a little at flair, and who really cares about agility, (me), but it's his "thing" and it has allowed him to create something quite unique within FM in terms of a game/thread style. 

He's very much into developing players and there is a lot of Youth Development content, but the biggest thing about the thread is that he does something with Gyazo (I think), where he puts 1 picture per year for a player together and has the picture scroll through them so you effectively get to see the player develop in front of your eyes. I've never seen anybody do that ad it blew my mind when I first saw it. The thread is worth reading for that alone. 

It's not something you can easily speed through, and he links to his external blog, (which is excellent), but especially if you have some time on your hands you should make yourself a cuppa, sit down and engross yourself in it. I promise that it does not disappoint. 

Wow! So many nice words! You make a grown man giggle and blush! I know my writing is not for everyone, but if you're into fairly in-depth stuff about player development, this is straight up your alley! This series is indeed a bit special, since it's not at all about the team, their results or building a dynasty etc. I usually say that I'm satisfied as long as I get results that are good enough to let me keep the job. No, this save is all about finding the next Neymar (I know, I know) or Pélé, even though I think it's impossible for anyone to ever reach the levels of Pélé. I come up with new stuff to focus on as I go along, but the focus on individual development remains througout this series. I've taken a lot of inspiration and ideas from both @Jimbokav1971 and @_Ben_ and highly recommend their stuff as well. If you like what they're doing you'll probably like my stuff as well and vice versa.

I too look at views compared with posts, and think "they can't all be my mother!"

especially as my mother can't stand football.

Think as I am fairly new to this, and I am still working on the level of detail in my thread, never mind the complexity of the content. IE the longest thread on here of mine is my current Sir Alex Ferguson challenge attempt, which is so middle of the road vanilla compared with the gems @Jimbokav1971 is shedding light on, I guess I just expect that not as many people will be interested. Hence I'm blown away by the number of views the thread gets.

10 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

I too look at views compared with posts, and think "they can't all be my mother!"

especially as my mother can't stand football.

Think as I am fairly new to this, and I am still working on the level of detail in my thread, never mind the complexity of the content. IE the longest thread on here of mine is my current Sir Alex Ferguson challenge attempt, which is so middle of the road vanilla compared with the gems @Jimbokav1971 is shedding light on, I guess I just expect that not as many people will be interested. Hence I'm blown away by the number of views the thread gets.

Yeah. I think this is sort of what I'm getting at. I think that all threads get read, they just don't get responded to as much. I'm just trying to highlight some that have caught my attention and maybe encourage everyone to post just a little more in other threads. Share the love as it were. 

On 25/05/2020 at 13:31, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Went with Greece, Cyprus, England, Italy and Spain. See how that goes for now. Maybe add somewhere like Brazil down the line.

On 16/05/2020 at 19:30, Muttley84 said:

Still not much have changed in the FMCU threads. A brief overview on the European careers updated at least once in the month of May. No support for location other than my knowlege of geography, so is some clubs are not spot on on position don't bother. British Islands a mess of locating clubs (as they host more than 50% of total careers) so I just threw clubs in there :). Keep up playing and have fun guys!

Presentation16af8f9a34492136c.jpg

Bit late to this, but that's some effort, fair play :D 

Enjoying reading the brief updates on various threads by Jimbo. I must admit I rarely find the time to even skim through a lot of the other threads on here, usually on the week or two leading up to the annual awards I binge read through the 5 or 6 that seem to have the most posts/views so I can actually give something of a consensus when voting :D 

I don't think I've managed to check out any FM20 thread yet, although I have been lurking and occasionally dipping into the FMCU joint save thread, which is cool, I remember we used to have loads of cool threads like that back in the day. Actually I do tell a lie on that as I think I did read through one thread where the guy wanted to get the Premier League so it had all of the London clubs in it, or something like that? Seemed a crazy concept but definitely one I can get on board for, although don't recall seeing any updates recently to it or I might have missed them. 

The Francophone African thread sounds like a cool concept though so will have to check that out at some point in the near fture. 

I think it is cool that there are so many different styles/main focuses on here as it means there's something for everyone. My style of posting is mainly the sort of update style that I used to read and enjoy "back in the day" on the CSE sub-forum and in the first few years of this sub-forum being a thing. The main ones that spring to mind are Dafuge and Canvey who were always regulars in Dafuge's own challenge thread, as well as the guys from the Big Euro Nation small club to big club challenge guys like Rancer, Lower Leagues Rule, rlipscombe and iacovone - some real blasts from the past there! 

On 27/05/2020 at 09:02, Jimbokav1971 said:

1 particular poster who really seems to get through a lot of threads is @Nobby_McDonaldHe doesn't post every day or every week, but when he has time, (often late at night), he just goes through the top 20 or so threads and just responds in all of them. If you have a thread that nobody has responded in, (other than the owner), then I think it can really give a new lease of life to show someone that there are others reading, (so well done him).

Some correct, some not Jimbo. :)

I tend to come on once a week. Having a wonderful wife and a delightful daughter means I can't come on much and usually have a Monday night to catch up with the forum while the wife catches up with her soaps. I catch up on all those that I have posted in before (except the odd ones where I don't like the poster or where the update has gone). I also look at any new careers in the past week and also update my own if I have an update to post.

I tend to follow UK careers, with the occasional foreign one for posters I've followed for a long time.

The trouble with posting weekly is that some people's update threads move along quicker than I can keep up with. :D

An interesting rule I've encountered managing in Cyprus. After your 2nd yellow card you get a 1 match ban. A 1 match ban for every yellow after. This was a created league so, may be incorrect. But still, interesting.

I am tempted to do a thread on it but not sure I have the time to do it. I am half way through the season now too..

On 01/06/2020 at 22:51, Peter G said:

An interesting rule I've encountered managing in Cyprus. After your 2nd yellow card you get a 1 match ban. A 1 match ban for every yellow after. This was a created league so, may be incorrect. But still, interesting.

I am tempted to do a thread on it but not sure I have the time to do it. I am half way through the season now too..

The more the merrier! 

Probably a bit late to the conversation but as I was a first time writer a month or 2 back I was probably in the same boat as not many comments but lots of views which I didn't know which way to take it. For my next save I am going youth only so going to try and post a bit more re development. @Jimbokav1971you probably got bored with me tagging you in my goalkeepers adventures 😂

1 hour ago, deez0r said:

Probably a bit late to the conversation but as I was a first time writer a month or 2 back I was probably in the same boat as not many comments but lots of views which I didn't know which way to take it. For my next save I am going youth only so going to try and post a bit more re development. @Jimbokav1971you probably got bored with me tagging you in my goalkeepers adventures 😂

No. Not bored at all. It's just hard to keep track a lot of the time. :thup:

I saw a post recently that discussed the relative value of individual attributes sorted by position. I can't find it now though and forgot to bookmark it. Would someone be so good as to direct me to which thread it's in please? 

I watched Moneyball again over the weekend and have just seen the @Sean1967 thread and it got me to thinking. :kriss:

20 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I saw a post recently that discussed the relative value of individual attributes sorted by position. I can't find it now though and forgot to bookmark it. Would someone be so good as to direct me to which thread it's in please? 

I watched Moneyball again over the weekend and have just seen the @Sean1967 thread and it got me to thinking. :kriss:

I watched Moneyball over the weekend! Cracking film

On 09/06/2020 at 15:01, Jimbokav1971 said:

I did something that may be what you are after.

I took the attributes listed for the roles I was using, and decided on which players were best suited for the formation. Edited version of the point (can’t work out how to link to the post as I am on iPad currently), but it is late p1 of my Dukla save

On 25/05/2020 at 20:33, scousevasey said:

Attribute requirements

This is going to utilise the attributes highlighted on the player profile when roles are selected, and use these as a start point to decide how I am going to sort the players.

But I also want to keep the number of attributes that I am using to sort the players down to 10 if possible otherwise I am basically comparing the whole player and not important attributes.

For each position, I have taken a screenshot of the highlighted attributes for a random player at the position, focusing on the chosen role, and duty for that.  This is linked to in the naming of the duty, although the attributes are listed in the post too.

Goalkeeper - defend

Eventually I may want to move to a sweeper keeper as we have a higher line of engagement but for now we are starting with the GK-D role

Key attributes - Aerial reach, Command of area, Communication, Handling, Kicking, Reflexes, Concentration, Positioning, Agility

Important attributes - One on ones, Throwing, Anticipation, Decisions

Chosen for sorting -  Command of area, Communication, Handling, Reflexes, Concentration, Positioning, Agility, Anticipation, Decisions, Determination

I have dropped Aerial reach as I think being in the right place and making the right decisions are more important.  I would rather the GK makes every save look easy because they are ready for the shot, than they have to perform acrobatics and leap high to get the ball.  While this affects their ability to come and claim a corner, if they are tall enough and can jump the fact they can use their hands should mean they can claim the ball.

I also dropped Kicking from the list as this is more for distribution, and while I haven't told the GK how to distribute the ball, we are looking to play out of defence and the Back 5 should always offer a decent option for the GK

MEosc3.jpg

He is a new signing and I think I will strongly disagree.

5G1Pte.jpg

It's not like he is anywhere near the highest paid, we have about 12/13 players on more than him.

Edit:

eGqSVB.jpg

Reuter is obviously hard to impress lol

Edited by Maw74
Added to post

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Has anyone found a way to list PPM's on a squad screen and if so how please? 

I don't mind particularly if there is nothing else on the screen. I'm quite happy to set up a squad screen just for PPM's. 

I would like to know this as well.

'new player trait' is possible but a list with everything ?

23df19bc037799cf7d738076dc722d94.png

1 hour ago, Peter G said:

That awkward moment you start a save on here then are facing the sack within a few months...

Finding the game a lot harder this year for some reason

I just spent 3 decades winning in Wales and have taken over Cardiff who have spent a similar amount of time losing. 

I assumed that avoiding relegation would be a given.......