The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I observed the internal games of the U16s and U17s as well as the U19s friendly against Honved. I really like what I saw, the club's philosophy is close to what I personally believe in. Domination through possession, high tempo, short passing game, all age groups play in systems based on the 4-3-3 formation. Tomorrow is a day off, although I plan to be quite productive. ;)

received_1775387466197777.thumb.jpeg.956334e4fef8066f9b106758791c02d5.jpeg

Good to see you are keeping yourself busy over there. Nice that you made it to the Generali Arena, although did not expect you to go and visit Admira again!

Talking of FK Austria, it seems it wasn't only you who struggled with them in FM23. In the only other FM story I saw about them this year, the manager got them relegated in season 1. So maybe your attempt was better than you thought. Perhaps I should have a go at the challenge myself.

Enjoy the time in Slovakia.

On 19/07/2023 at 22:29, Jogo Bonito said:

Good to see you are keeping yourself busy over there. Nice that you made it to the Generali Arena, although did not expect you to go and visit Admira again!

Talking of FK Austria, it seems it wasn't only you who struggled with them in FM23. In the only other FM story I saw about them this year, the manager got them relegated in season 1. So maybe your attempt was better than you thought. Perhaps I should have a go at the challenge myself.

Enjoy the time in Slovakia.

It was actually the first time I visited Admira in person, the work I did for them was remote. I figured it would be fun to actually see the place with my own eyes.

Yeah, Austria is quite a challenge, although for some reason I'm finding it more difficult to get my tactics right on FM23 than on previous iterations. Maybe next time things will go better.

Thank you, the time at DAC has been... interesting. Let's just say things may happen in the future. :brock:

7 hours ago, Rikulec said:

It was actually the first time I visited Admira in person, the work I did for them was remote. I figured it would be fun to actually see the place with my own eyes.

Yeah, Austria is quite a challenge, although for some reason I'm finding it more difficult to get my tactics right on FM23 than on previous iterations. Maybe next time things will go better.

Thank you, the time at DAC has been... interesting. Let's just say things may happen in the future. :brock:

jpj-liar.gif

What would you do?

Managing MTK Budapest. Currently top of league and in group stage of ECL but will struggle to get through after 2 draws and loss to Liege. Sevilla next!!

image.png.2f2e1648a04ac8f2c3e415e0b25ef78b.png

Then...

image.png.5508fd5a2bf24f45ff2d2f04546d9084.png

Hannover have a wage budget nearly 5 times mine.

Greuther Furth have a nice kit and wage budget 3 times mine

Downside:

Both teams are struggling in 2 Bundesliga

image.png.da19eb26616bb7f58617e3a864682036.png

My goal was never to stay at MTK indefinitely. I wanted to move on to a bigger nation eventually but hoped it'd be Bundesliga.

I can't decide if moving to a relegation scrapping 2 Bundesliga side is sideways, forward or even backwards.

Might aswell do the interviews. Maybe someone will see this by then. :D

58 minutes ago, anagain said:

What would you do?

Managing MTK Budapest. Currently top of league and in group stage of ECL but will struggle to get through after 2 draws and loss to Liege. Sevilla next!!

image.png.2f2e1648a04ac8f2c3e415e0b25ef78b.png

Then...

image.png.5508fd5a2bf24f45ff2d2f04546d9084.png

Hannover have a wage budget nearly 5 times mine.

Greuther Furth have a nice kit and wage budget 3 times mine

Downside:

Both teams are struggling in 2 Bundesliga

image.png.da19eb26616bb7f58617e3a864682036.png

My goal was never to stay at MTK indefinitely. I wanted to move on to a bigger nation eventually but hoped it'd be Bundesliga.

I can't decide if moving to a relegation scrapping 2 Bundesliga side is sideways, forward or even backwards.

Might aswell do the interviews. Maybe someone will see this by then. :D

Hannover have a better setup

14 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

Hannover have a better setup

Only Furth have asked about staff so far. More I've thought about it the more I think either would be a good move.

I just looked at Furth's team and they have much better players - what little I can see behind the fog.

Seems they were relegated from Budnesliga season before too. Surprised they're bottom

Antwerp came in for me shortly after too. I beat them in Europe though so prob not a good move.

• 3 weeks later...

In my break Im doing currently one of those "DoF saves", which are kinda popular on YT at the moment.

Man this sh*t is fun and stressful at the same moment, its addicting.

Started with Besiktas and set myself some restrictions on managers. (reputation club = max reputation manager)

I choose Gerard Seoane as my manager. (only works with the ingame editor) His 4231 with control possesion fits the starting squad pretty well.

I made some slight addition and he started with 6 Ws. In October suddently everything fell apart.

Many draws against poor sides and a big loss vs Trabzonspor....we dropped from 1st to 4th with no chance of winning the league anymore.

At the start of January he would've played Gala, Fener and then Basaksehir. This would've been his make or break games.

He got smashed by Gala 4:0 and I sacked him 15 minutes after the game. :D

The board is really mad at me and this is only real thing I can do.

After looking at the players and the options we got...I signed Marcelo Bielsa one day before the Fener game.

He came and smashed Fener 3:0 and we are looking strong.

Sadly we are 10 pts behing 1st place Trabzonspor and out of the cup.

A real DoF mode, where you can play on both side, would be such a nice addition to the game.

6 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

In my break Im doing currently one of those "DoF saves", which are kinda popular on YT at the moment.

Man this sh*t is fun and stressful at the same moment, its addicting.

Started with Besiktas and set myself some restrictions on managers. (reputation club = max reputation manager)

I choose Gerard Seoane as my manager. (only works with the ingame editor) His 4231 with control possesion fits the starting squad pretty well.

I made some slight addition and he started with 6 Ws. In October suddently everything fell apart.

Many draws against poor sides and a big loss vs Trabzonspor....we dropped from 1st to 4th with no chance of winning the league anymore.

At the start of January he would've played Gala, Fener and then Basaksehir. This would've been his make or break games.

He got smashed by Gala 4:0 and I sacked him 15 minutes after the game. :D

The board is really mad at me and this is only real thing I can do.

After looking at the players and the options we got...I signed Marcelo Bielsa one day before the Fener game.

He came and smashed Fener 3:0 and we are looking strong.

Sadly we are 10 pts behing 1st place Trabzonspor and out of the cup.

A real DoF mode, where you can play on both side, would be such a nice addition to the game.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Is the way you're doing this is placing your hired "managers" (e.g., Bielsa, Seoane) as assistant managers in the game?  

5 minutes ago, Alejandro_FM said:

Sounds like a lot of fun. Is the way you're doing this is placing your hired "managers" (e.g., Bielsa, Seoane) as assistant managers in the game?  

Yes with the ingame editor. Ingame he is then the ass man.

I forgot the add, you can even watch the game.

Just add a 2nd manager and let him attend your game. 

Then holiday with one day with the 1st manager and you can watch it like you are watching tv.

Well, my stint at the Legia Ladies first team is officially over. I don't really want to get into too much detail here, I'll just say that I felt we needed to make some bold moves in order to move forward with the team and the reactions from the players and especially from the board put a stop to that. I could probably carry on and try to work things out from there, but I feel that after a certain point there's just no coming back from certain decisions.

Probably gonna take some time off now and wait for the right opportunity to come up. My UEFA A course ends in November, that should also put me in a better position. Two months ago I was already in talks for a position that would have surely put me in the FM database, unfortunately that broke down. It's wait and see now, I guess.

On 12/08/2023 at 14:57, Rikulec said:

Well, my stint at the Legia Ladies first team is officially over. I don't really want to get into too much detail here, I'll just say that I felt we needed to make some bold moves in order to move forward with the team and the reactions from the players and especially from the board put a stop to that. I could probably carry on and try to work things out from there, but I feel that after a certain point there's just no coming back from certain decisions.

Probably gonna take some time off now and wait for the right opportunity to come up. My UEFA A course ends in November, that should also put me in a better position. Two months ago I was already in talks for a position that would have surely put me in the FM database, unfortunately that broke down. It's wait and see now, I guess.

Sorry to hear this buddy. I hope you get a good opportunity soon!

7 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Sorry to hear this buddy. I hope you get a good opportunity soon!

Cheers mate. Given my current standing and some things that have been happening lately, I hope this might be the case of taking one step back and two steps forward.

On 14/08/2023 at 08:33, Muttley84 said:

What have been people playing in Europe on FMCU since August 1st.

Presentation1.jpg.662d03faba465c6257ed57131a5cc78d.jpg

This is one of my favourite parts of the forum. :applause:

ps. I'll be eligible for the next update. ;)

Always surprised Eastern Europe and Scandiland doesn't get more love. Fantastic places to manage. :thup:

On 16/08/2023 at 10:15, withnail316 said:

Been a while, how're we getting on? Good to see some familiar names still here...

I'm getting the FMCU/writing bug back ever so slowly. Just restarted an old thread of mine where I have unfinished business. How are you? Any plans for a new save or waiting for 24?

11 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Welcome back, buddy!

Thanks, man. Still at RKC?

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Some of us never leave. We just grow older and older. :lol:

That's the spirit, Jimbo! A bit like Barnet in the National League. 😄

1 hour ago, oriole01 said:

I'm getting the FMCU/writing bug back ever so slowly. Just restarted an old thread of mine where I have unfinished business. How are you? Any plans for a new save or waiting for 24?

All good here, man. You? I'm currently stuck somewhere between waiting to play 24 on console and playing 13, because my laptop is 💩💩. Started a Notts County thread, though. 

11 hours ago, withnail316 said:

That's the spirit, Jimbo! A bit like Barnet TOP OF the National League. 😄

I know it's early days yet, but I have corrected your post for you. It's good to get the detail right I find. :lol:

You boys are going well again after an opening day bump in the road. :thup:

Them other lot missing their talisman up front about as much as you would expect. (It's good to see but I still expect them to be bang in the mix). (3-5 4-2 5-5 is just what we have come to expect with them). With their #10 available I wonder quite how many more goals they would have scored, (because for all the digs he is bloomin brilliant). 

Good to see you back on here by the way. 

4 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I know it's early days yet, but I have corrected your post for you. It's good to get the detail right I find. :lol:

You boys are going well again after an opening day bump in the road. :thup:

Them other lot missing their talisman up front about as much as you would expect. (It's good to see but I still expect them to be bang in the mix). (3-5 4-2 5-5 is just what we have come to expect with them). With their #10 available I wonder quite how many more goals they would have scored, (because for all the digs he is bloomin brilliant). 

Good to see you back on here by the way. 

You've definitely made a solid start, yep. My money's on Chesterfield this year, though. 

And yeah, I'm thrilled with our start. A few too many people fancy us for automatic promotion, including in the club. I'm not sure the added pressure is needed, I'm just happy to be back in the EFL, although I definitely hope we finish ahead of the Hollywood mob this year. Agreed that Mullin is brilliant, but I'd take Macca over him every day of the week! 

Cheers, mate. Glad to be back. I keep trying to configure my laptop in a way to run a newer full-fat FM, but without joy so far. Frustrating. Maybe 24's console version will include enough extra details to keep me satisfied. This is my most recent attempt at trying to run the last full-fat version I bought, FM19.

image.thumb.png.8bb08498ea4c141046f2585658677cce.png

Edited by withnail316

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

2nd one. :thup:

925381d1360ce79dae620b82e5f005e1.png

1st one is too basic.

3rd one the text doesn't work. Don't know if it's the colour or the font but it doesn't work.

4th one I don't like the top section with the balls and the edge. 

Ok thanks for the feedback.:thup:

wRXVkr.png3zWJVY.png

Those 2 were my favourites.

So while Im fixing the file I created for Brazil I decided to try and make it even more true to real life, add the regional cups the game doesn't have and so on - currently doing the state of Alagoas, and the top teams from the state play in 2 cups and in the state leagues before the national leagues, generating this kind of schedule:

132682597e098c5c3f28293402fc7108.png

You better have some big squad.

1 hour ago, Reiver said:

So while Im fixing the file I created for Brazil I decided to try and make it even more true to real life, add the regional cups the game doesn't have and so on - currently doing the state of Alagoas, and the top teams from the state play in 2 cups and in the state leagues before the national leagues, generating this kind of schedule:

132682597e098c5c3f28293402fc7108.png

You better have some big squad.

I think I might be able to get a GK to 1,000 career goals with a database like that. :lol:

40 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I think I might be able to get a GK to 1,000 career goals with a database like that. :lol:

And i'm only adding real competitions, so this is likely to happen in real life too! In this case, the state cup is important too, because if the winner is not already in the national leagues,. they get a spot in next years Serie D - even if they're from the lower state leagues.

Some inspiration for today:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/valdas-dambrauskas/profil/trainer/19743

What a career this guy is having. A proper journeyman, slowly working his way up the ladder, showing that what many of us are doing on FM may actually be possible in real life. It's so rare for coaches and managers from smaller countries to get a chance to work abroad that I think it's really worth paying attention to Dambrauskas. I learned about him today (fun fact, he rejected an offer from Legia Warsaw at one point :D) and I'm absolutely fascinated. :applause:

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Some inspiration for today:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/valdas-dambrauskas/profil/trainer/19743

What a career this guy is having. A proper journeyman, slowly working his way up the ladder, showing that what many of us are doing on FM may actually be possible in real life. It's so rare for coaches and managers from smaller countries to get a chance to work abroad that I think it's really worth paying attention to Dambrauskas. I learned about him today (fun fact, he rejected an offer from Legia Warsaw at one point :D) and I'm absolutely fascinated. :applause:

This 7 degrees of separation thing is really weird, (or cool), depending on your point of view. 

London Tigers, (where this guy started), used to be called Kingsbury London Tigers, (based in Kingsbury), and that's about 1km from where my club Barnet play their football now. 
One of my fellow Barnet fans is actually an ex GK of London Tigers but that's not where the weirdness ends. 
After Dambrauskas left London Tigers, (and another manager came and went), they were then managed by an ex Kosovan International player Naim Berisha..... and where am I managing in FM! :eek: :lol:

You're right though. Really interesting career and story and one to keep an eye on. :thup:

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

This 7 degrees of separation thing is really weird, (or cool), depending on your point of view. 

London Tigers, (where this guy started), used to be called Kingsbury London Tigers, (based in Kingsbury), and that's about 1km from where my club Barnet play their football now. 
One of my fellow Barnet fans is actually an ex GK of London Tigers but that's not where the weirdness ends. 
After Dambrauskas left London Tigers, (and another manager came and went), they were then managed by an ex Kosovan International player Naim Berisha..... and where am I managing in FM! :eek: :lol:

You're right though. Really interesting career and story and one to keep an eye on. :thup:

Those connections can be amazing sometimes. When I worked with the Unia Janikowo U11s I had a player who was a huge Man Utd fan. Imagine his face when I told him that a friend of my friend played at the Sheffield United academy with Harry Maguire. :D

• 2 weeks later...

New job update!

As some of you may know, last month I decided to leave Legia Ladies after some internal disagreements. Today I've started a new job and it's quite an exciting one. I'm now officially the first team assistant coach and performance analyst at DKS Dobre Miasto in the Polish 4th division (5th tier). In addition to the first team roles, I'm also going to help develop the club's youth development system. The owner seems to have the rare perfect mix of ambition and patience, and also he seems to have a lot of faith in me. The money is good, so are the conditions.

Oh, and the best part? The owner also works in the analysis department at the Polish FA and has very strong connections across Polish football. A lot (and I mean a lot) of opportunities are going to open up for me, we even spoke about a potential role in one of the national youth teams in the future. Study visits at top Polish clubs and establishing contacts there shouldn't be a problem either. :cool:

Six games have been played in the league and we're very much a surprise package, sitting in 2nd with 16 points to our name, only trailing the leaders on goal difference. Only the league winner gets promoted and we're not among the favourites, but we seem to be playing some nice football. Who knows?

Here's the highlight video of our win today (and yes, that's me yelling at 7:06 :D):

11 hours ago, Rikulec said:

New job update!

As some of you may know, last month I decided to leave Legia Ladies after some internal disagreements. Today I've started a new job and it's quite an exciting one. I'm now officially the first team assistant coach and performance analyst at DKS Dobre Miasto in the Polish 4th division (5th tier). In addition to the first team roles, I'm also going to help develop the club's youth development system. The owner seems to have the rare perfect mix of ambition and patience, and also he seems to have a lot of faith in me. The money is good, so are the conditions.

Oh, and the best part? The owner also works in the analysis department at the Polish FA and has very strong connections across Polish football. A lot (and I mean a lot) of opportunities are going to open up for me, we even spoke about a potential role in one of the national youth teams in the future. Study visits at top Polish clubs and establishing contacts there shouldn't be a problem either. :cool:

Six games have been played in the league and we're very much a surprise package, sitting in 2nd with 16 points to our name, only trailing the leaders on goal difference. Only the league winner gets promoted and we're not among the favourites, but we seem to be playing some nice football. Who knows?

Here's the highlight video of our win today (and yes, that's me yelling at 7:06 :D):

Fantastic, loved to hear this. Good luck in the remaining games.

The possibility of other doors being opened even if only to expand your ideas and push your development is also really positive.

I watched the video too and think that is a great quality for the level. Were you involved in that?

Congrats 👏