deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

Question....

I never continued a beta save after the full release.

Really no problems at all?

I really want to start.

Can't see any reason to restart my save. I ported over a very lower league file from FM23 (starting at level 10) and have had no issues at all.

10 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Can't see any reason to restart my save. I ported over a very lower league file from FM23 (starting at level 10) and have had no issues at all.

I'm currently working on some files to port over, although I have a time limit because FM23 auto deletes off of gamepass when 24 drops

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

The best thing about this isn't necessarily continuing an old long-term save, but being able to start a save with an edited database immediately. I'm surprised with all the positive feedback I've seen regarding crossover games. If you had told me a couple of years ago that this would be a thing I wouldn't have believed you. 

I generally think 1 year for a full in-depth save is plenty, (although with FM14 I went 18 months with San Marino). Having to wait for an edited database and then starting a save takes too much of a chunk of time out of the year though so brilliant that this appears to be working so well. Also shows the strides SI have made in making the new game more stable from Beta onwards and possibly explains the thinking of changing in terminology from Beta to Earl Access. :thup:

20 hours ago, Maw74 said:

SI must really want her in the men's game.

7DpvS4.png

20 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Fair play - she's good enough.

Completely agree. Really like listening to her. I really dislike this thing that's going on at the moment whereby the gender of the person talking counts more than the quality of what is actually being said. Would love to see her given an opportunity.

14 hours ago, Cheez3y said:

Question....

I never continued a beta save after the full release.

Really no problems at all?

I really want to start.

I can't remember the last time I started a Beta and was forced to stop playing and restart because of a game-breaking bug. It has happened in the past and there have been a few issues that I managed to persevere with, but the game is soooooo much more stable than it was in the early years. 

I wouldn't think twice about it. :thup:

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

The best thing about this isn't necessarily continuing an old long-term save, but being able to start a save with an edited database immediately. I'm surprised with all the positive feedback I've seen regarding crossover games. If you had told me a couple of years ago that this would be a thing I wouldn't have believed you. 

I generally think 1 year for a full in-depth save is plenty, (although with FM14 I went 18 months with San Marino). Having to wait for an edited database and then starting a save takes too much of a chunk of time out of the year though so brilliant that this appears to be working so well. Also shows the strides SI have made in making the new game more stable from Beta onwards and possibly explains the thinking of changing in terminology from Beta to Earl Access. :thup:

Exactly so. If I do start a new save, it will be with a new FM23 file. I could just verify the current one in the FM24 editor and go again, but if I want to do something more complex, I'd rather go with a db an expert has made and customise it with a few personal tweaks. It's a bit fiddly, but all that needs doing is fire up the FM23 editor, do your biz, fire up FM23 and start a new game, save it and port it over to FM24,

21 hours ago, Maw74 said:

SI must really want her in the men's game.

7DpvS4.png

I think it happens a bit too soon in games but I guess that is because she starts unemployed, also it is just her in the database to make the crossover, that will change with FM25.

Anyway I was trying to decide who will be my starting Mawborough manager and they gave me an idea, also I am gonna crack on and start my 2 save ideas on Beta, I have seen enough people starting what they intend to be long term saves, so if they are confident then that's good enough for me.

After being away for a week from the day the early access launched, I will now be having family visitors here for a week on the day of the full launch :lol:

I hear there are quite a few 'beta bugs' so I'm not sure that my test save will continue beyond the weekend. I didn't have the best start when even my manager profile pic on the club page was a silhouette, despite the full face/body/attire showing on the opening of the game. But I uploaded a saved pic to at least have a face in the game...

Despite this, the game seems to promise some very good improvements over FM23 and it has great potential this year. I finally picked a side to test the new stuff on, and if it continues I will turn it in to a career update. I also made some fresh kits to welcome the fictional son of Lawrie McMenemy to Southampton.

LawrenceMcMenemy_Inbox.png.11dfcd0dee6cdcfd4d6fe252fc49fc91.png

SFCprofile.thumb.png.65a8cf08e35b3b3b23ddc0e6444caa1b.png

How are all you guys finding FM24 so far?

Edited by Jogo Bonito

20 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

After being away for a week from the day the early access launched, I will now be having family visitors here for a week on the day of the full launch :lol:

I hear there are quite a few 'beta bugs' so I'm not sure that my test save will continue beyond the weekend. I didn't have the best start when even my manager profile pic on the club page was a silhouette, despite the full face/body/attire showing on the opening of the game. But I uploaded a saved pic to at least have a face in the game...

Despite this, the game seems to promise some very good improvements over FM23 and it has great potential this year. I finally picked a side to test the new stuff on, and if it continues I will turn it in to a career update. I also made some fresh kits to welcome the fictional son of Lawrie McMenemy to Southampton.

LawrenceMcMenemy_Inbox.png.11dfcd0dee6cdcfd4d6fe252fc49fc91.png

SFCprofile.thumb.png.65a8cf08e35b3b3b23ddc0e6444caa1b.png

Looking forward to seeing your progress with Southampton. Hopefully you can unearth the next Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Luke Shaw etc from their youth academy.

10 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

I am loving it so far.

Full fat has been a struggle for me, FM18 is the last I enjoyed and I have been more of a classic/touch version fan, my top 5 FM's would be.........

1. FMC15
  2. FM10
  3. FMT20
  4. FM12/FM18 

On 21,22 & 23 I never made it further than 2/3 seasons before it became more of a chore, even the FMT versions didn't really grab me, although FMT21 is great on my tablet for some side saves, my enjoyment came from going back to my previous saves on those older favourite releases, I was happier going back and playing an old save as the game has to be fun to play, didn't feel that with these last 3, I didn't plan on buying FM24, was happy to wait and see what FM25's big change brings but temptation of a new release always gets me.

Now a question for those who have put many hours into 21,22 & 23 is.................................. 24 better (potentially)? or are they much the same? All I can say is from playing it so far I have the buzz back and really think that 24 is going to bring me back to full fat for a long enjoyable save or 2, maybe more lol

I also found this brilliant skin for the first time and it looks great, maybe that makes this release look better.

12 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Lovely.

Yes, the beta is always a little bit easier and there are some bugs/things that needs adjustment, but Loki Doki said it perfectly.

FM 24 feels like it got created by someone, who actually plays the game.

39 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

I also found this brilliant skin for the first time and it looks great, maybe that makes this release look better.

I used it last year, after the Tato skin sadly wasnt updated.

Im currently using it and prob for the rest of the year.

The SaS skin is in my all time top 3.

SaS, Tato/Woozie, Rensie are gems for this community.

I wish SI would appriciate their work.

The base skin is abysmal, I cant play the game with it.

2 hours ago, Maw74 said:

I am loving it so far.

Full fat has been a struggle for me, FM18 is the last I enjoyed and I have been more of a classic/touch version fan, my top 5 FM's would be.........

1. FMC15
  2. FM10
  3. FMT20
  4. FM12/FM18 

On 21,22 & 23 I never made it further than 2/3 seasons before it became more of a chore, even the FMT versions didn't really grab me, although FMT21 is great on my tablet for some side saves, my enjoyment came from going back to my previous saves on those older favourite releases, I was happier going back and playing an old save as the game has to be fun to play, didn't feel that with these last 3, I didn't plan on buying FM24, was happy to wait and see what FM25's big change brings but temptation of a new release always gets me.

Now a question for those who have put many hours into 21,22 & 23 is.................................. 24 better (potentially)? or are they much the same? All I can say is from playing it so far I have the buzz back and really think that 24 is going to bring me back to full fat for a long enjoyable save or 2, maybe more lol

For me, FM24 is more polished, more pleasant graphics in the ME, but not substantially different. I might have waited a few months before purchasing FM24 (if at all) in order to play lower league saves, but being able to port over deep lower league FM23 files was huge for me. I've since found it easier than ever to install all sorts of graphics and audio add-ons including putting faces on my cheap-looking regens. Creators like my skinner FLUT have got their wares out super-quick too. As I say, given I can load up FM23 extra dbs, there's no impatience over waiting for those to be made for FM24. So for me, yeah it is very enjoyable in a way that has not been the case with a new release until well into the new year.

On 01/11/2023 at 08:56, Maw74 said:

I am loving it so far.

1. FMC15
  2. FM10
  3. FMT20
  4. FM12/FM18 

I haven't been a fan of recent versions but I have to say, FM24 is excellent!

Best version since FM12 in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

24 is absolutely brilliant

Indeed.

Played 9 games yesterday and they adjusted the longshots goals to the right amount in my eyes.

Also I saw a bicycle kick yesterday. The Player missed the net, but it look damn perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news for those waiting for Tenshi leagues. He's removed most of his leagues from Steam. There's a comment from him on FMScout that I'm not going to post here. Can look it up easy enough.

It's made up my mind about where to start a new save, because I want to play despite struggling to get in to my first save with Torquay.

I wish I felt more comfortable working with the database to add leagues myself.

I also wish I was confident to do more with the editor, I mean I am confident with creating some minor files but it would not be anything major, the one major thing I actually tried to do was expand the OFC CL towards the end of the 2023 cycle and that fell flat quickly. Besides research would be my main issue

Basic activating of leagues sounds easy, but there is a lot you need to know. Start dates, transfer windows.

It's very strange, but I don't know, off the top of my head, when the league season starts in Mongolia. :D

20 hours ago, anagain said:

Bad news for those waiting for Tenshi leagues. He's removed most of his leagues from Steam. There's a comment from him on FMScout that I'm not going to post here. Can look it up easy enough.

It's made up my mind about where to start a new save, because I want to play despite struggling to get in to my first save with Torquay.

Wow, I didn't know about that. Surely the creators of extra databases do it for us, the fans, not for the company that controls access to the game, one that I'd be much happier having nothing whatsoever to do with.

36 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Marvellous. Doesn't include mine, presumably because I used unofficial very lower league databases.

If it's a really small team, most likely it was due to me not finding the logo of your team on sortitoutsi (that s where I took them all) and I was to lazy to search for it outside (using google). Sorry.

20 hours ago, anagain said:

8 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

I also wish I was confident to do more with the editor, I mean I am confident with creating some minor files but it would not be anything major, the one major thing I actually tried to do was expand the OFC CL towards the end of the 2023 cycle and that fell flat quickly. Besides research would be my main issue

6 hours ago, anagain said:

Basic activating of leagues sounds easy, but there is a lot you need to know. Start dates, transfer windows.

It's very strange, but I don't know, off the top of my head, when the league season starts in Mongolia. :D

29 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Wow, I didn't know about that. Surely the creators of extra databases do it for us, the fans, not for the company that controls access to the game, one that I'd be much happier having nothing whatsoever to do with.

I appreciate that English is probably a 2nd language for Tenshi, but it seemed a very strange and angry message. 

I have been hugely critical of CM/FM/SI in the past, but that they have got the game to a stage now where games are transferable from previous issues is mind-blowing and goes to show just how stable the game is, (even in early access/beta). I think the product they release now is miles ahead of the product, (ignoring features), of versions of the past. 

I wish I need knew more about activating leagues and basic use of the Editor, but I am completely clueless. I might have to do some research on that. Most of the info should be available to find pretty easily, (because others have found it before). The problem is that I'm enjoying my save too much to halt and do the research. 

Such a shame, but I expect someone else to fill the Tenshi void before too long. 

2 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

If it's a really small team, most likely it was due to me not finding the logo of your team on sortitoutsi (that s where I took them all) and I was to lazy to search for it outside (using google). Sorry.

Perfectly understandable, no worries. World doesn't revolve around me! :ackter:

I know it's a myth, (I really do), but.....:stop:

Here are the games I played last night in my last sitting. 

25ba426c7c9a9c61702b7d8d715685a0.png

And here are the 1st 3 games I have played this morning. 

8b02c790cb4511946c65b5d83d98b706.png

Yes. Yes I have saved and exited and am now re-loading to try and break the cycle. #FMVoodoo :rolleyes:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Such a shame, but I expect someone else to fill the Tenshi void before too long. 

Riddler on steam is the closest too it I'm seeing, although it's currently not accessible for no steam users (such as myself)