Why does this Tactic Work

So, I've posted thread in the past, trying to get help in developing a tactic, reading through tons of posts and guides etc.

I've built a tactic that has up til now worked well for me.

Some context - I'm Gladbach, Predicted to finish 4th or 5th in the first seaons, finished second behind Bayern of course, knicked second on the last day as dortmund stumbled.

Currently top of the bundesliga in second season, just reached the Jan transfer window.

There is still a lot of theory I feel I don't understand, I'll list my formation below, and as a change from why doesn't this work, please, help - why does this work, please help.

---------------SKs-----------------

wba----BPDc------CDd----FBs

------------------------SVa----------

WMs---DLPs----------------IWa

----------Treq-------DFs------------

This is my home instructions.

Control/Structured

TIs: Retain Posession, Play out of Defense, Work Ball into Box, Exploit Right and Left Flank, Look for Overlap, Play Wider, Push Higher Up, Close Down More, Be more Expressive, Higher Tempo

PIs:

Wba - Close down less, Cross aim far post

FBs - Cross aim far post, fewer risky passes, Close Down Less

BPDc - Close Down Less

CDd - Close Down Less, fewer risky passes

WMs - Cross more often, cross far post

IWa - More Risky Passes, cross far post

DLPs - More direct Passes, More Risky Passes

SVa - Shoot Less Often

What's good, what's bad, what can be improved, why does this work.

I'm a big fan of wing play, the tactic seems to excell at scoring from crosses, despite not having big strikers.

The team is technically good with and off the ball, so most shots come from inside the box, work it round really well playing at a good tempo which was the aim.

Archived