Board transfer reaction shouldn't look at the squad status offered.

Patrick23213

Instead they should just look at the player's actual playing time. I've got a player who features frequently on the first team because he's a professional player with high leadership (19) and teamwork (16) and determination (12) attribute which is the best captain choice and pretty much the best wing back I can get but the board are extremely disappointed about the wage offered which is a measly £50/week for backup player compared to some of the rotation players I got that played much less for £150+ a week. Then I tested renewing his contract to rotation with £85/week and suddenly the board are okay with it even though the club is actually spending more. That doesn't make any sense.

20 minutes ago, FrazT said:

So, are you saying that your board is complaining at the low contract terms for a contract renewal, for a contract that the player has accepted?

If so, that is nonsense and should be reported as a bug.

No. I'm saying that the board is more happy with high earning players with "rotation" squad status (the one offered in contract talks) who plays in 3 out of 10 matches, than low earning player with "backup" as their squad status who ended up having an important role in the first team.

• 7 months later...

Archived