[Suggestion] Target man supply

kandersson

A few years ago (until FM12 I think) before the introduction of tactical roles we had the option to select playmakers and target man, and most importantly we could choose the 'target man supply' (ball to feet, head, or run onto ball). This was very useful in my opinion as it was a very simple and specific tool that helped creating a particular style of football. I understand with the introduction of playmakers and target man as a role part of this has become redundant (I also suspect the option was removed to avoid potential exploits), but the 'target man supply' option should really come back in some form imo. Right now the TM role is the only striker role that has the 'ball magnet' effect and attracts the ball more often (together with Trequartista, which is also a very particular role and a playmaker hybrid even at ST position though), but it mostly attracts long, high balls (from keeper and defenders) so it leaves us with somewhat limited options. For example if I wanted to instruct my team to look for the killer ball for a P or AF at any occasion, I can't really do this anymore. Sure I can use TI's and PI's like 'pass into space' and 'more risky passes' but i can't really recreate the 'ball magnet' effect of the TM or the old TM supply and I feel this simple tool was and would still be of great help.

This is my suggestion to recreate the old target man supply effect: re-introduce it as part of TM role specific player instructions, so there would be essentially three type of TM. 'Ball to head' (both for Attack and Support duties) would be the classic big striker good in the air, flick ons etc. 'Ball to feet'(only for Support duty) would be the creative, strong DLF type that comes deep to get ball and makes things happen; 'Run onto ball' (only for attack duty) would be the Poacher type always trying to beat offside trap. Another possibility would be to give the 'ball magnet' option available for Poacher and DLF roles, so P  could basically be set as TM/A 'run onto ball' and DLF as TM/S 'ball to feet'.

Hopefully this will be considered, personally I feel the absence of that simple supply option has made the game more limited and boring in the years.

I second this statement I used to use run onto ball all the tine was  easy and simple to use. I don’t like the way the target has to be a big docker could he be a small agile forward who like I said can “run into the ball” the play maker thing I also used but defiantly bring the target man supply back. 

• 7 months later...

Archived