suggest an international call up.

sergiobamos

It would be good to be able to suggest a player gets an international call up. 

E.g I had Jason Cummings banging 30+ goals in the championship but was being overlooked for international recognition. It would’ve been good to just suggest he gets an international call up.

Imagine we could do that with any player. If you suggested a bang average player in your under 23s you could look bad, but on the other hand boost a players morale by putting him forward for a realistic call up.

I am a fan of this idea in theory, I often myself want my best players performing on the international stage. 

But in terms of realism, I'm sure this rarely (if ever) happens. I'm sure most managers would much prefer if their top players weren't playing for their nations to avoid fatigue and returning with injuries. 

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

This happens already - if a player is performing above a certain level you will be asked a question about potential international recognition via a press conference question. 

We used to have options where the user could do this, but was felt more realistic for managers to conduct their public speaking via press conferences rather statements put out into the press. 

If you have examples where players are suitable for this press conference question being asked and it's not, may be worth raising via the bugs forum.

Thanks.

Reviewed so locked. 

Archived