Match engine/cheat formation

Footyjoe87

There are 2 formations advertised on the internet that 'break the match engine' this shouldnt be possible. Its basically forcing us to use one of these 2 formations to become invincible. Sports interactive need to look into this and get it patched asap otherwise football manager wont be the same.

There are many products that are advertised that do not do what they claim and this is one of them.  There are no formations that break the ME but as with all versions of the game, formations, tactics and setups can be developed that can exploit some weaknesses in the ME.  No doubt these will be looked at for FM 19 and equally no doubt, somebody will find a setup that is better than others.  Nobody is forced to use any formation, you choose and play the game whichever way you want.

Ive always believed fm is as true to life as possible. These two formations advertised on the net seem to throw players statistics completely out the window. Solihull moors beating the likes of man city for example??....doesnt happen. I play online with a friend and he chooses to use one of these tactics and it seems like i would have to join him to compete. It should not be the case. It needs a patch.

Any perceived weaknesses in the ME will be addressed in the next edition but there will be no more updates for FM 18.  if you consider that he gets an unfair advantage from using a particular tactic, then this is surely no different from using an editor to get an advantage and needs to be addressed at the start of a game.

All previous editions have had a particular formation or setup that has been more successful than others in getting results and these usually appear after the game has been out for some time and users have been able to try multiple formations.  Often these are un-natural and do not reflect real life football and so the game will never accurately get these right.

• 6 months later...

Archived