Lost interest need something fun

Hi, I’ve been a cm/fm player since 01/02 but since fm 17 I’ve really been struggling to get into games, normally average around 500 plus hours per version but fm17 was well under 100 hours and fm18 is even lower.

So what I’m asking is, are there any good teams/challenges you guys can suggest to get me back in the swing of things again?

Any suggestions welcome.

16 hours ago, daveygravy84 said:

Hi, I’ve been a cm/fm player since 01/02 but since fm 17 I’ve really been struggling to get into games, normally average around 500 plus hours per version but fm17 was well under 100 hours and fm18 is even lower.

So what I’m asking is, are there any good teams/challenges you guys can suggest to get me back in the swing of things again?

Any suggestions welcome.

I've been in a similar position mate, but I've recently started a new save with Portsmouth and I'm really into it.

Couple of ideas below and what I have done.

• I've decided to make a new tactic, how I want to play, without downloading tactics I have previously created.
  • Refrained from 'searching' players/staff I know are good on FM- Unless I actually know who they are in real life, as well as not using shortlists I have previously made.
  • Watching games in 2D with 3D replays on full/comprehensive highlights and tinkering with my tactics as I see fit.
  • Getting fully emerged with analyzing each upcoming opposition and altering my tactic down to this. (I know this Is normally done by others, but I have rarely done it)
  • I'm using my youth as my main money maker, bringing in LOTS of cheap, high potential players, for profit in the long run.
  • Keeping a strict eye on finances and attempting to make as much money as possible.
  • Looking for top personality staff and players to help with youth and the general feel of the club.

I know most of these are obvious and probably do not offer much extra to you, but for me and how I have played previously, it's made it much more engaging.

have you tried to play in asia/oceania? but not in the powerhouses (japan, china, australia, new zealand) i mean managing in nations like iran, tahiti and the likes, trying to get out of those places to be the first of those nations to be manager of a very good league in europe

one that is good to try is the academy challenge, but i guess you already tried since you are playing for more than a decade...

maybe try to get gibraltar/san marino to the top? or get leichtentien or whatever is spelled to surpass switzerland?

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

I've been in a similar position mate, but I've recently started a new save with Portsmouth and I'm really into it.

Couple of ideas below and what I have done.

• I've decided to make a new tactic, how I want to play, without downloading tactics I have previously created.
  • Refrained from 'searching' players/staff I know are good on FM- Unless I actually know who they are in real life, as well as not using shortlists I have previously made.
  • Watching games in 2D with 3D replays on full/comprehensive highlights and tinkering with my tactics as I see fit.
  • Getting fully emerged with analyzing each upcoming opposition and altering my tactic down to this. (I know this Is normally done by others, but I have rarely done it)
  • I'm using my youth as my main money maker, bringing in LOTS of cheap, high potential players, for profit in the long run.
  • Keeping a strict eye on finances and attempting to make as much money as possible.
  • Looking for top personality staff and players to help with youth and the general feel of the club.

I know most of these are obvious and probably do not offer much extra to you, but for me and how I have played previously, it's made it much more engaging.

Thanks for the reply, I might try a league two side as I did a game with Portsmouth on fm16 was really into it, ended quite funny as the board wouldn’t give me money to sign a striker after winning the premier league and champions league so I left for city and the following season Pompey went from champions to being relegated in a season.

Thanks for taking the time to reply I’ll take your points on board .

2 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

have you tried to play in asia/oceania? but not in the powerhouses (japan, china, australia, new zealand) i mean managing in nations like iran, tahiti and the likes, trying to get out of those places to be the first of those nations to be manager of a very good league in europe

one that is good to try is the academy challenge, but i guess you already tried since you are playing for more than a decade...

maybe try to get gibraltar/san marino to the top? or get leichtentien or whatever is spelled to surpass switzerland?

I have’nt tried Asia, I’m dubious about adding extra leagues as wouldn’t want the game to crash if I got really into it.

Ive never actually tried an academy challenge, I’m not the best with youth players but could be something to research and give a go.

I have been tempted with San Marino, I’ve tried doing a save in fm18 with a welsh team but got sacked after a disastrous second season.

Thanks for the ideas though I’ve got a few to mull over and try.

hace 3 minutos, daveygravy84 dijo:

I have’nt tried Asia, I’m dubious about adding extra leagues as wouldn’t want the game to crash if I got really into it.

Ive never actually tried an academy challenge, I’m not the best with youth players but could be something to research and give a go.

I have been tempted with San Marino, I’ve tried doing a save in fm18 with a welsh team but got sacked after a disastrous second season.

Thanks for the ideas though I’ve got a few to mull over and try.

try to just add one league from a pack, they normally don't crash and you can remove it once you are out of there, once in a save i go out of tahiti after being Oceanian champion with AS Dragoon after 5 year there, after that i got to Australia (tricky league to play honestly) and removed the tahiti leagues since i will most likely NEVER return there unless i start a new save in the next year game, since australia is a powerhouse in asia, i could jump from there to America or europe easily 

Archived