Suggestion - difficulty like SEGA Motorsport Manager

Novem9

You can chose AI difficulty by the slider from -10 to +10 levels in MS Manager

I really want to see the same in FM, cuz sometimes I dont have a time and just want to play few casual games

Dont see a tragedy for hardcore players - just dont touch this slider. But low players like me and newbies will be happy

On a complex game like this, with much more data and simulations, it would require different algorithms for so many things, so more chance of bugs and less performance and space for other stuff.

I'm not a fan of arbitrary difficulty settings in simulation games. I can understand why they exist in MM, but FM is far more complicated, and adding artificial easy and/or hard modes would seriously dilute the simulation.

How would an 'easy mode' setting work in FM, for example? Would you simply reduce opposition players' attributes, so that a Barcelona squad that trounces everyone else in La Liga suddenly turns into a far weaker side when they play against your Las Palmas team? And how would a 'hard mode' work, for that matter?

You could argue that your manager's past experience, coaching badges and starting club already act as unofficial difficulty settings. For example, an unqualified ex-Sunday League player managing Manchester United has a very different challenge from a former international with a Pro Licence managing North Ferriby United.

I dunno how SI would that. And I think the managing/coaching experience you define to your character is the famous "AI difficulty changer". Putting yourself as a former international player with high coaching attributes you just need focus on good relations with players and some wins to conquer the player trust. 

• 7 months later...

Archived