Board Request Options

molesmgr

I think it would be interesting if the board would allow you to use some of your transfer funds to fund a request.  I can think of two ways this could be implemented. 

One way would be as part of a dialogue in the path of the board rejecting a request.  They (or you) could offer to use some or all of your transfer budget to fund it (thereby reducing your transfer budget, if accepted).

Another way to accomplish this is to have an option under Board Requests for Alternate Use of Transfer Funds.  It could be a series of items in a menu (Upgrade Youth Facility - $X;  Improve Youth Recruiting - $Y).  Maybe similar in design to the scouting packages (greyed out if you don't have enough transfer budget, for instance).  The amounts in the menu could be the full cost of the upgrade, or the cost the board wants to help defray the total cost.

This would make you further manage your clubs finances and force a tradeoff between that big transfer or an improvement to a training facility, for instance.

Your transfer budget isn't a separate pool of money, it is just the amount of your balance the board are willing to sanction on transfers/wages, so there isn't anything to transfer over to improvements elsewhere. If you bank balance is low (ie after spending your funds improving the facilities) the board will already reduce your transfer budget (mainly by restricting how much money from player sales they will sanction for transfers).

On 21/05/2018 at 14:57, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Your transfer budget isn't a separate pool of money, it is just the amount of your balance the board are willing to sanction on transfers/wages, so there isn't anything to transfer over to improvements elsewhere. If you bank balance is low (ie after spending your funds improving the facilities) the board will already reduce your transfer budget (mainly by restricting how much money from player sales they will sanction for transfers).

I'm not sure I understand the reply in the context of a suggested improvement.  Today, a manager can allocate budget between transfers, wages, and scouting packages.  I'm suggesting being allowed to allocate some of that "manager controlled budget" to improvements also.  The main desire is when the board says no to improving a training facility, for instance, but there is sufficient "manager controlled budget" to re-allocate there, why not give the manager that option? If the manager prefers to spend millions on that training facility, rather than using it for a transfer, why not let him?

What he is saying is: that if you have the money and the board doesn't allow it, then it not a monetary issue. It won't help to bargain for it with promising not to spend the money (ergo giving up this 'controlled' money). 

And if the club has the money to do it and you ask for it, then they will just take the money from the balance and thus you will get less money to control as well. So basically you already trading transfer money for improvements. Thus this implementation in this way would make no sense.

Not to mention, like in real life the board decides on how much money you get and if they need money for structural improvements they will just take 'your' money, because it is never yours. You have no right over that money and can thus not bargain with it.

What you could suggest as an implementation, however, is to agree with selling players in the amount of X money and the next couple of years get a lower budget but still promise to go for the same goals, if the club will do structural/material improvements.

But even then, again it is iffy. Since you only a passant, you are an employee. Only if you are like mourinho or another big name can you demand stuff like this. Since you probably will in your contract have been promised a certain annual budget.

JReid:  Thanks, understand the explanation now.  I still think some form of negotiation involving a decrease in budget would be helpful in trying to improve the team, but maybe this isn't it (or maybe it doesn't kick in until you are a team icon or legend).

• 6 months later...

Archived