The problem with Saido

Grab a chair there and lets talk about Saido.

Saido has 48 career goals. A grand total of 0 scored at this current club. Yet in FM 2018 he quite overblown. 

Finishing 16 ? LOL. CA of 145 and PA of 165.

He just tore my Newcastle side apart in a current save. Can we nerf this guy ? :) 

Berahino.png

That's in the original FM18 database. He's been nerfed quite a bit in the updated database. CA is considerably lower, determination is 2 and his personality is terrible too. PA is the same but I don't think he has any chance of ever reaching that level.

25 minutes ago, kozmik said:

That's in the original FM18 database. He's been nerfed quite a bit in the updated database. CA is considerably lower, determination is 2 and his personality is terrible too. PA is the same but I don't think he has any chance of ever reaching that level.

Cheers for the info. Twice i've been done over by the little **** 

23 minutes ago, hoppo1982 said:

Cheers for the info. Twice i've been done over by the little **** 

Yeah, I hate it when overrated players have a stormer against you. Alberto Moreno regularly tears my right flank a new one when I play against him.

Saido Berahino is a strange one in general. He had already been dropped from his time at West Brom so coming into FM18 he was already carrying that drop from the FM17 winter update.

But starting the season Saido had 6 months in a new environment that was supportive of him, had time to get fit and get his sharpness back. In fact, in the pre-season he was looking pretty solid, and even started the season well albeit without goals. With how he was rated it was possible for Berahino to go either way, which is probably a fair assessment of what his situation actually was. Some people reported he was getting England call ups and going onto great things. In a number of my own games he was floundering and quickly dropping down the leagues (a league 2 striker in one of my games by the age of 31)

He's not lost his technical competence, even Lambert had positive things to say about Berahino when he came into the club. Feeling just that perhaps Hughes had been mis-managing him. Quickly that sentiment came crashing down though. He's just a lad on a huge wedge of cash each week who doesn't particularly care for football. 

It's very hard to rate someone who is capable but doesn't care. But the update for FM18 winter did make some big changes, again not so much to his technical attributes but to the mental side. It's a limitation of FM at the moment, to replicate players who have issues outside of football. Mainly for legal reasons I would imagine.

3 hours ago, santy001 said:

Saido Berahino is a strange one in general. He had already been dropped from his time at West Brom so coming into FM18 he was already carrying that drop from the FM17 winter update.

But starting the season Saido had 6 months in a new environment that was supportive of him, had time to get fit and get his sharpness back. In fact, in the pre-season he was looking pretty solid, and even started the season well albeit without goals. With how he was rated it was possible for Berahino to go either way, which is probably a fair assessment of what his situation actually was. Some people reported he was getting England call ups and going onto great things. In a number of my own games he was floundering and quickly dropping down the leagues (a league 2 striker in one of my games by the age of 31)

He's not lost his technical competence, even Lambert had positive things to say about Berahino when he came into the club. Feeling just that perhaps Hughes had been mis-managing him. Quickly that sentiment came crashing down though. He's just a lad on a huge wedge of cash each week who doesn't particularly care for football. 

It's very hard to rate someone who is capable but doesn't care. But the update for FM18 winter did make some big changes, again not so much to his technical attributes but to the mental side. It's a limitation of FM at the moment, to replicate players who have issues outside of football. Mainly for legal reasons I would imagine.

Thank you for taking the time to reply in such detail.

Much appreciated.

Can understand where you are coming from in terms of assessing poor Saido. 

Archived