Head Coach style boardroom. Please introduce this!

suikoden

Will it be good for FM to introduce the fact that some teams operate on a team of head coach, DOF, Recruitment style vs a manager

For example if you were to join Arsenal, you won't be able to make transfers. Perhaps you can submit a shortlist but all of it is out of your hands. It would make things more interesting I think, especially if you are the type of player that like to move between clubs and this type of system can make it more/less attractive if you were wanting to join a certain team.

It would also add a new dynamic to the game. Great you've joined Barcelona but now you really find out how difficult it can be going from a smaller club which allowed you to do everything, to a massive club where a lot of control is taken away from you.

I still remember one of my more enjoyable experience was with a past FM where the board sold my best player against my wishes and while it was frustrating, it was also very fun trying to come back from that. Which is why I don't think just ticking the DOF does all transfer box can replicate this as you are still in control.

SI can have a tickbox before you start the game if you wanted a traditional managerial experience no matter which club you choose.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a bad idea, though I'd like to see it as an option, not mandatory, a bit like player attribute masking. If you made it mandatory it would make anyone who likes the transfer side never want to manage a club with this head coach/DoF type of arrangement.

I would really like to see this included as part of the job negotiations.  So you might be able to get a higher reputation team if you give up transfer authority.  I always thought it was kind of silly that you could have this rigmarole of the "Would you be willing to work with a DoF" questions when it made no practical difference (aside from the salary).  Then "control of transfers" could be just another philosophy to negotiate.

You could still be involved. You could indicate to the DoF what positions you wanted strengthened, and they would then get back to you with some choices.  Sort of like if the only way to bring in players was to ask the DoF to recommend players, like you can at the moment (and maybe with the chance that somebody not from the list is who you get, for better or worse). Or under the transfers menu for a player there would be "recommend to DoF for purchase/loan".

I'd also love a "Director of Football" mode, but I seem to recall SI saying something to the effect of that match day management was the heart and soul of the game and they would never change that.

• 5 months later...

Archived