Installing on different laptop without disc

1 minute ago, Kyle1606 said:

It does but it doesn’t have the spec to play the game so getting a new laptop. Before I buy on without a disc drive I want to check I can install it on another laptop without the disc

If you have an external hard drive or a big enough USB stick, you could always copy the files from the laptop to the HDD/USB then put then on the new laptop once you've bought it.

Alternatively, you should be able to install the game through Steam (the CD key that came with the disc may work for that). If possible, give this a go on your current laptop, that way it'll be in your steam library to download on any PC/Laptop at your leisure.

21 minutes ago, Kyle1606 said:

The other laptop does not have a disc drive so would I be able to download steam and install the game from their without the disc? Would the original steam activation code work?

Thanks

If you activated on your steam account, it's now permanently tied to it. All you'd need to do is install Steam (Edit: and log into your account) and install the game from there.

As Hunter says, the disk isn't necessary at all.. on your new laptop, log in to steam and you'll see your fm18 game there ready to fully download with a click of a button..

You can install it as many times on as many laptops as you have.

• 1 year later...