Estonishing! (Part III: Return to Estonia)

MarcxD

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May 2020

may.png

To be fair, it didn't hurt us too much, except for the loss in the league and that we needed extra time in the cup. It's not that bad playing a field player in your goal after all. (It actually is. Don't do this)

may_estonian_hall_of_fame.png

:D

may_league_table.png

Lovely first place, our heritage.

Levadia only one sort of keeping up right now.

may_junior_coaching.png

may_youth_rec.png

Some more upgrades done...

I sense you're starting to get a little irritated with the national team call-ups. :D

They might be clashing with domestic fixtures, but surely they're not clashing with European matches. And that's the most important thing from here onwards. Think positive ;) 

1 hour ago, MarcxD said:

internationals.png

Just going to be honest, not really helping out that you are all frolicking with the national team. Including both goalkeepers.

LOL, both keepers? Do you have estonian monopoly on good players or smth?

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

I sense you're starting to get a little irritated with the national team call-ups. :D

They might be clashing with domestic fixtures, but surely they're not clashing with European matches. And that's the most important thing from here onwards. Think positive ;) 

Only slightly. You're right of course... the main thing that annoys me is that I can't even play all of the u21's because there are only 30 spots in the squad registration. If then a third or half of that is away...

10 hours ago, rodesire said:

LOL, both keepers? Do you have estonian monopoly on good players or smth?

Well we are the biggest club with the best facilities, so I guess it is not too surprising.

currest_estonia_squad.png

We fill about half the squad.

June-July 2020

june_july.png

Some good stuff, for the first time ever we made it to the third qualification round of the Champions League!

july_league_table.png

june_facilities_upgrades.png

Approved some further work on facilities...

transfer_july.png

I sold one player, didn't really need to do this but aging and wasn't playing so much anymore so I just accepted when an offer came in.

Edited by MarcxD

It's so weird. I was looking at your results and thought: "Good job, he's been investing in his facilities quite a while and it's finally paying off". I then realised it's only 2020...

24 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

It's so weird. I was looking at your results and thought: "Good job, he's been investing in his facilities quite a while and it's finally paying off". I then realised it's only 2020...

Hehe, that's great! Thanks. Imagine where we'll be in a few years.

Edited by MarcxD

August 2020

august.png

Dinamo was just too much in the CL, but we were able to beat BATE again so a third EL group phase in a row! Did very well domestically, continuing our streak.

august_league_table.png

Huge lead on everyone...

august_el_draw.png

Another tough group. Can't see us getting many points here.

September 2020

september.png

Another good month, happy any time we don't lose in the EL group, although we could've won this one.

september_league_table.png

september_title_win.png

And there is the fourth consecutive title. The easiest and most dominant yet.

september_200_game_milestone.png

Reached 200 games...

October 2020

october.png

Well, we certainly broke some records this month. The biggest win and loss now both are set at 9-0...

Bit stupid to draw some games, perhaps due to some necessary rotation in this busy month.

october_league_table.png

10 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

Christ. That difference in quality, though. Was that 0-9 against Liverpool an honest reflection of the game?

we got a second red card at the end of the match and they scored three more times around the 90 minute mark, so perhaps 6-0 was a better reflection. But we were outclassed alright.

November - December 2020

november_december.png

Two more rough losses but we finished the year on a high note with a EL win over Istanbul Basaksehir.

final_league_table.png

A lead of 26 points on Vaprus is the end result... More than 100 goals scored. 

final_table_second_tier.png

final_table_third_tier.png

The u-21s and u-19s both won their respective leagues as well, again. Domination. 

Ahhh what a pity man! 

Had just caught up and thought it was going swell, but damn. That sucks!

Hopefully it'll come around. Maybe Estonia is taking a sabbatical year? 
Please :D

2021.png

As you can see there are no league games.

I went through the season holidaying between matches and not changing the team at any point, just IRing to get through it quickly.

group_e.png

We won the group.

FM is drunk.

I mean, I feel with you, being in a limbo with potentially losing this save would be sad, but FM is doing quite the banter. 

Keep bantering FM. I want Estonia to win the World Cup now. 

Jeez, well that was a rollercoaster.  Your owner must have been gunning the refs down after those draws at the end of last season.  congrats on coming back and spring european football!

51 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

2022 works again, so this will continue for now.

Told you it was just a sabbatical year. Everybody knows that it is like that every 148th season in Estonia. :rolleyes:

You're keeping Mr. Kallaste right? :onmehead:

Ps. how did the WC go? Estonia won it surely?

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

Told you it was just a sabbatical year. Everybody knows that it is like that every 148th season in Estonia. :rolleyes:

You're keeping Mr. Kallaste right? :onmehead:

Ps. how did the WC go? Estonia won it surely?

It seems I'm just an ignorant foreigner that doesn't understand the subtleties of Estonian football... 

Oh of course, Kallaste is here to stay. I did not sign any of the other players from the intake, didn't even really look at them.

The world cup is in the summer (and will be played in australia, not qatar) and I'm shocked to say Estonia did not qualify.

1 hour ago, saihtam said:

That height on the youth intake kid. Should maybe push him up to middle?

Maybe, could be a ball winning midfielder perhaps.

48 minutes ago, Dexter_Morgan said:

Thank god it works as this has been great so far! 

Thank you!!

1 hour ago, rodesire said:

Jeez, well that was a rollercoaster.  Your owner must have been gunning the refs down after those draws at the end of last season.  congrats on coming back and spring european football!

Something like that, yes... thank you.

2 hours ago, Timetxu said:

Thank all the angels! 

:D

9 hours ago, MarcxD said:

just playing, holidaying to seeif for some reason 2022 wil work, and the game gives me this in the youth intake

fm_fffffffffffffff.png

What a joke.

Jesus, is he already one of Estonia's best players?! :eek:

19 hours ago, Rikulec said:

This game sometimes. :lol: Happy to see this continue after all, and Kallaste is one hell of a player!

Haha, I know right. He is! Be interesting to see if he's already close to his potential or if he can grow a hell lot more.

13 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

:applause:

Let's go. How would CL/EL qualification work with a missing season though?

Dunno to be honest, but I suspect it's going to be the same as last season. Or it's going to be screwed up. We'll see I guess.

12 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Jesus, is he already one of Estonia's best players?! :eek:

He is definitely among the best players, but not quite the best.

kutt.png

This guy is also at my club and is probably a bit better. He wants to leave though :(

ragnar_klavan.png

And then there's still Klavan. 

Pre-Season 2022

predicted_1st_2022.png

Best odds so far, we should just walk the league every year.

transfers_2021.png

These were the transfers in 2021, Greenwood and Ferling were two eighteen year olds that wanted to join up for free, I put them in the u-21s and they can play there or on loan until they are homegrown and are then perhaps good enough for the first team. Ian Pino is a Spanish central defender... I kind of had to sell Luaiza since he wouldn't renew and at least I got a decent amount of money for a few months left on his contract.

transfers_2022.png

These were the transfers for 2022. I signed three foreigners at the start of the year. I mostly did that because I didn't think the league would come back so the squad registration rules wouldn't matter much. I guess they do now, though. :ackter:

So I had to let go some of the other non-homegrown players, including Liivak. He has been good for me but I'm looking to get to a higher level.

pre_season_2022.png

Just showing the friendlies this time - next up are the EL knockout games against Athletic Bilbao.

facilities_2022.png

With the huge money from Europe (a balance of 12M) we can continue improving the facilities.

February 2022

february.png

Well, that went much as expected I guess. At least we didn't do that badly.

The supercup was an easy win, again.

Interestingly I've been getting job offers from abroad, from Spanish La Liga sides. Of course I keep rejecting them.

squad_2022.png

Thought I'd just show you how the squad looks like now. Yes, those foreigners earn a lot more money than anyone else.

Edited by MarcxD

3 minutes ago, noikeee said:

I can't believe your game got going right again after a year without the league. Bit lucky there I reckon. :D 

The new center-back is amazing.

Yeah, I don't know how or what happened. Just hope it's not going to happen again!

He is, cheers!

10 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

May 2022

may.png

Guess which games we played with half of the team out with the national team.

may_league_table.png

LOL, that's like playing in South America, I swear

June 2022

No matches, but some interesting messages popped up so a separate post.

june_estonian_league_ranking_rise_50th.png

The league rep is steadily increasing. As far as coefficients we are also going up but not very quickly, we're around 30th position and have not gotten any more spots.

The league started out as 80th or so though, so this is nice.

june_flora_european_rankings_rise_81st.png

Top 100!

takeover_talks_june.png

Then this showed up.

Ten or so more messages came up about this, deal almost collapsing etc...

takeover_talks_june_6.png

But it happened, a new takeover and some more money is always welcome.

They offered me a new contract so all is good.

July 2022

july.png

Not a bad month :) Through to the third qualification round of the CL, against Brøndby.

july_league_table.png

Let's see if we can do our first unbeaten season in the league.

August 2022

august.png

Did very well against the Danish, but Celtic was just too much for in the end. Another year in the Europa League, I'm not going to complain about that. I am going to complain about dropping out of the cup in the second round though! Awful performance, with injuries I had to play an outfield player in goal but that is still no excuse. Come on.

august_league_table.png

Just a quick warning, beating Brøndby will not be taken lightly upon. 

But it's going swell in the league!

Sucks with the NT's. That's a problem in most - if not all - smaller leagues/nations. :( 

Youth Intake 2022

youth_intake_2022.png

Not the greatest intake, but two more decent looking central defenders... and the first Andorran! *****, of course, but still.

yp6a.png

Much work to do....

yp6b.png

Generally this guy looks a bit better, with a much better personality as well.

yp6and.png

He can cross a ball at least.

14 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

Youth Intake 2022

youth_intake_2022.png

Not the greatest intake, but two more decent looking central defenders... and the first Andorran! *****, of course, but still.

yp6a.png

Much work to do....

yp6b.png

Generally this guy looks a bit better, with a much better personality as well.

yp6and.png

He can cross a ball at least.

You haven't shown your tactics iirc, but with this many CB talents, maybe 3 atb would be a good idea!

Paco could potentially be an okay-ish pure winger. Pace, crossing, technique is all it takes.