Estonishing! (Part III: Return to Estonia)

MarcxD

8 minutes ago, rodesire said:

You should embrace the fraudness and drop to Europa League next season and blast through the group stages for extra coefficient.

I should.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

November-December 2026

FA80Iwd.png

Oh my God! Fantastic results in the CL, too bad we just had to mess up the last league game.

z5BUAlm.png

CcAWbHC.png

91DQzs3.png

AIgyeQc.png

Through to the Europa League knock-outs from this group, unbelievable.

13 hours ago, rodesire said:

What a performance in CL! beautiful, beautiful!

Shame about the league but surely, next season?

Thank you!!

I hope so.

13 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Great UCL run. Seems like the new striker has fit in nicely, must be your tactics. Any chance you could post a screenshot of Bonny and the new guy.

Thanks. I chose him specifically because he suits the role I want my striker to play, and it helps that he can get into form quickly in a well-functioning team against not the best opposition in the world.

Bonny.png

He is mostly great because of his speed and a decent ability to play football. All you really need.

Redan.png

Redan is quick and very decent all-round attacking player, quite useful.

12 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Great work in CL mate! :applause:

Cheers.

On 31/05/2018 at 13:46, MarcxD said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor fc flora tallinn logo

Welcome to my new thread, hopefully this one will last a lot longer than my previous one!

From trying a journeyman last time around I realized again that my preference lies with one club saves, so I will return to my usual format.  I wanted to do something different for this one, so I decided to go for one of the many European countries that I really have very limited knowledge of and absolutely zero where the football is concerned. After some research I decided to go to Estonia for this save.

Estonia is a Baltic and former Soviet nation. In 1990 the football league was founded (as was the club I am taking charge of). Estonia is 47th in the UEFA coefficient rankings at the start of the game, and they are ranked 125th in the world in the FIFA rankings. I’ve taken a look at the national team and the only player I know is Ragnar Klavan. I can play here thanks to the Claassen updates, which I will be using, I've also loaded some more players to make things a bit more challenging and realistic in the long run in Europe. (full setup: 1, 2, 3, 4)

I have chosen Estonia out of a few possible nations (I also looked at Montenegro and Georgia, for instance) since I quite liked the prospect of managing in a nation with extremely harsh squad and match rules, which means it's a great place for a focus on our own youth.

match_squad_rules.png

For the long term this is also interesting, since it forces all AI managers to also play a lot of Estonians and hopefully their own youth, which should be good for a growing national team, which I plan to take over at some point in the future.

I chose FC Flora Tallinn, playing in Estonias capital. I chose the club since I quite liked the logo honestly, but there is also ample opportunity for youth development as the u-21 play in the second tier and the u-19 play in the third. Hopefully they don't get relegated!

club_history.png

The club history isn't completely correct since I have started the save in january 2017. The club did not actually win the "last season" since they ended fourth in 2016.

As always my manager is an Andorran manager, and it was quite a trip.

maps.png

(excuse the Dutch names, you'll get the gist of it).

I am limiting myself with transfers in that I am not going to buy any players from other Estonian teams and that our own youth should be the life and blood of the club.

My tactic will roughly be the same as I've been using in my previous saves, just a little bit simplified to adapt to a lower level of football.

Enjoy. I plan to do this one for a long time.

Bro are you Estonian cause I am

Ouch, that final day result is supremely disappointing, to say the least. Still room to improve then!

Too bad about that CL draw, but you made the most you possibly could of it. Here's hoping you make strides in the EL.

On 31/05/2018 at 15:15, Timetxu said:

It was a holiday with friends with whom I always visit former Soviet countries. This was a Latvia/Estonia double trip. I wasn't even paying attention to the fact it was CL qualifiers back then until I saw the results of the draw and I realized I was in Tallinn.

Nõmme was a pretty funny club actually, you would get a 50% discount on their tickets if you clicked "attend" on their event of the match on facebook. They actually had a separate booth at the stadium for people who had liked the event on facebook :D

FC Flora is the only "true" Estonian team. FC Flora has always played with almost all players being Estonian, infact FC Flora is pretty much the child of Tallinna Lõvid and Tallinna Sport (fathers of modern Estonian football). In the last game where they won 0-3 against Tammeka they had only 2 players not from Estonia, one was Zakaria Beglaraishvili who joined FC Flora in 2010 went back to Georgia in 2013 for the birth of his daughter and rejoined in 2014 and is currently working for an Estonian passport so he could play for Estonian International Football team. The other one is a Finnish lad called Anselmi Erkki Nurmela and he joined this year. Kalju had 5 players in their last game that did not own an Estonian passport. FCI Levadia had 7(!) foreign players in their last match

8 hours ago, VSfallin said:

FC Flora is the only "true" Estonian team. FC Flora has always played with almost all players being Estonian, infact FC Flora is pretty much the child of Tallinna Lõvid and Tallinna Sport (fathers of modern Estonian football). In the last game where they won 0-3 against Tammeka they had only 2 players not from Estonia, one was Zakaria Beglaraishvili who joined FC Flora in 2010 went back to Georgia in 2013 for the birth of his daughter and rejoined in 2014 and is currently working for an Estonian passport so he could play for Estonian International Football team. The other one is a Finnish lad called Anselmi Erkki Nurmela and he joined this year. Kalju had 5 players in their last game that did not own an Estonian passport. FCI Levadia had 7(!) foreign players in their last match

I believe every club in Europe should have good foreign players if they want to improve.Flora had some awfull results in European competitions from clubs like Gibraltarian Lincolnd Red Imps and maybe this was one of the reasons,Kalju if i remember right had some good results in EL.Of course you know these things better  because you are Estonian and i am just a Greek guy who like to see smaller nations get better.Estonia should be a nation who can quilify or battle for it in an Euro at  least.

Edited by Sheriff7

On 12/06/2018 at 16:53, Dexter_Morgan said:

Great going in the CL :applause:

Thanks!

On 13/06/2018 at 07:29, olliep said:

Good work in the CL. How are other Estonian teams doing in Europe? When they start doing well things will take another jump.

Cheers.

coefficients.png

They will need to step up further, much more than getting through one qualifying roun has been beyond their reach. I know they are getting stronger and richer though, paying some more money for players and stuff. So hopefully they can make a step up in the near future. 

On 13/06/2018 at 15:35, VSfallin said:

I also play for the clubs U16 team so If you need some info ask me

Awesome! Have never had an actual (youth) player of a club I'm managing comment on a thread before :lol: and no, I'm not Estonian.

On 13/06/2018 at 23:24, oriole01 said:

Ouch, that final day result is supremely disappointing, to say the least. Still room to improve then!

Too bad about that CL draw, but you made the most you possibly could of it. Here's hoping you make strides in the EL.

Oh well, I'll live with it.

Thanks man!

19 hours ago, VSfallin said:

Sorry for getting some foreigners in then!

11 hours ago, endtime said:

If FCI Levadia had 7 foreigners on the pitch, then I guess the draconian squad rules in the league file that MarcxD is using are not true to life?

That does seem a bit odd!

Season Review 2026

best_eleven_2026.png

Diarrassoubba had quite the start, but Redan did well to replace him - his goals are not as high but he also played a lot of games as winger. Usually Savitski played as striker then, the youth player is obviously not up to the level of a Diarrassoubba but still had a fantastic year scoring. It's a great position to play in this team, I guess!

As you can see Kallaste is now mostly playing as a central midfielder because of the overabundance of good central defenders - for once the positioning on the best eleven makes some sort of sense.

squad_2026.png

Pre-Season + February 2027

odds_2027.png

Highest odds ever now...

transfers.png

Nothing much of note - there have been many offers but I rejected all major ones. One talent in, going in to the u-21 team. Some youth players that haven't quite made it off to some other Estonian teams. 

pre_seasonn_feb.png

Pretty good round of friendlies - and we beat Legia quite comfortably in the first knockout round, followed by a trashing in the supercup. Good start to the new year!

June 2027

june.png

Decent performances here.

june_league_table.png

June is mostly interesting because of the European update.

june_competition_rise.png

Huge!

june_competitions_rankings.png

Don't have to scroll down to see our league anymore! Above the Polish league and the Serie B, not bad at all.

june_coefficient_rise_extra_place.png

That's not all, we're now 15th in the Coefficients and finally get another place!! Next season a round less in the qualifying as well. It will be even harder for the other teams to get through the rounds though.

june_club_ranking_rise.png

July 2027

july.png

Through to the third qualification round.

GzGPV0m.png

95LHy7i.png

I let Kütt go again, and a huge sale in Rajaver, he's not worth keeping if that's the money being offered.

akLd42l.png

I used some of that money, a new very exciting striker in Obrenovic and a talented midfielder in Grgic.

yyKZUAO.png

Not bad. :D

15 hours ago, endtime said:

If FCI Levadia had 7 foreigners on the pitch, then I guess the draconian squad rules in the league file that MarcxD is using are not true to life?

Yeah it is wrong because if you have played in Estonia long enough you get an ETM (Eestis treenitud mängija-Player trained in Estonia)

On 15/06/2018 at 15:51, kidthekid said:

how the heck did you whoop PSV like that.

Nice work, also that striker at 17 is pretty pretty good.

It happens when you're very good at the game. 

Just kidding, the team has great form and with some added talents like the new striker (who scored twice in that game)... I was surprised too though.

Thank you.

7 hours ago, turnip said:

Agreed about the striker. He looks like he could be the sort to go for £60m+ in the future (and with a bit of work on Pace/Acceleration).

That kind of money won't be happening in Estonia most likely, I hope to hold on to him for a few years and then we'll see.

5 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Not bad, indeed...

Geebus H..... He's going to be a monster, heck he must be already for the Estonian league?!

Definitely, no other club has a striker like this. Very curious to see how he'll develop!

Youth Intake 2027

youth_intake_27.png

Not really great, perhaps one player - although there is the second Andorran this save.

yp11a.png

Certainly some good things and also some bad things, but when you look at the striker I have signed... quite the difference.

September 2027

september.png

Poor against PSG but a very important victory over Dinamo, if we can do well in the away game that should normally be enough to go through in the Europa League.

september_league_table.png

6 more games. Could we do it this year?

November-December 2027

november_december.png

Two more losses against the money clubs, but a great victory against Dinamo. And we did it in the league!

december_CL_group.png

Europa League again.

final_league_table_2027.png

First 100% season!

final_league_table_2027_2.png

U21s also unbeaten...

final_league_table_2027_3.png

But the u19s have not won the title for the first time in quite a few years. Should probably fire their manager...

1 hour ago, jmb1403 said:

How long are you unbeaten for in the league now?

Not sure about the actual amount of games, but the last season we lost a game was 2020 :lol: The 2021 season was skipped though.

It's all about Europe..

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Finally a perfect season, great job. :applause:

2 hours ago, rodesire said:

Perfect domestic season, what an achievement! :applause:

Thanks guys.

Edited by MarcxD

6 hours ago, MarcxD said:

That kind of money won't be happening in Estonia most likely, I hope to hold on to him for a few years and then we'll see.

Definitely, no other club has a striker like this. Very curious to see how he'll develop!

I'm looking at it in relation to this guy from my save.

Sign him for a fairly small amount, give him some game time (including in Europe), develop his attributes a little bit... sell him for a big profit. Of course, you've then got the problem of what you actually do with an extra £30m, but there you go.

On 18/06/2018 at 17:00, Dexter_Morgan said:

Great that coefficients have gone up so much, is your tv/prize money going up as they do? 

Yeah, I think that's linked with the league reputation so it has definitely improved. You can also see the other Estonian teams spending a little bit more money in transfers and stuff. 

On 18/06/2018 at 16:21, turnip said:

I'm looking at it in relation to this guy from my save.

Sign him for a fairly small amount, give him some game time (including in Europe), develop his attributes a little bit... sell him for a big profit. Of course, you've then got the problem of what you actually do with an extra £30m, but there you go.

He looks very good - that is the plan.

Although right now I am going to have to be honest and say that I probably won't stay around for much longer at Flora. Making further progress in Europe is hard and now that I've done a 100% perfect domestic season there's nowhere to go but down.

I think I will resign after the 2028 season and look to take the national team job.

Pre-Season + February 2028

2028_odds.png

2028_transfers.png

A few talents for the future and a senior foreign improvement in Dani Morer.

2028_pre_season_plus_feb.png

Good friendly wins and just managed to beat Marseille in the Europa League! Also a tight victory in the supercup, have lost the count now.

6 minutes ago, mrenigma said:

Why you resign at 2028 and not look into winning with Flora Euro Cup or Champions League? It could be very hard, but intresting challenge.

I think I have been "looking into" it for quite a while now! It's not just happening for me now, and I feel that I'm losing interest in the save continuing like this.

15 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

I think I have been "looking into" it for quite a while now! It's not just happening for me now, and I feel that I'm losing interest in the save continuing like this.

Surely continue. Don't lose hope. :)

But is other Estonian teams investing their money to build training facilities, youth development or building new stadiums? As far of my previous experience about Estonian teams with 10 years time - I "pumped"  money to other clubs by buying their crap players with a lot of money, but they didn't improved their facilities. How is in your game?

4 minutes ago, mrenigma said:

Surely continue. Don't lose hope. :)

But is other Estonian teams investing their money to build training facilities, youth development or building new stadiums? As far of my previous experience about Estonian teams with 10 years time - I "pumped"  money to other clubs by buying their crap players with a lot of money, but they didn't improved their facilities. How is in your game?

They aren't upgrading, no.