Estonishing! (Part III: Return to Estonia)

MarcxD

October 2033

october_estonia.png

Disappointing result, we really need to win everything to have a chance to qualify.

october_estonia_group.png

We play Croatia and Greece. Croatia at home. There is still a chance, although not a very big one.

october.png

A good month overall.

october_league_table.png

In first place again, Bayern dropped some points. Freiburg doing remarkably well.

october_CL_group.png

The CL group is a close one half-way...

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

November 2033

november_estonia.png

Actually good results, but we needed to win both to have a chance at qualifying.

november_estonia_group.png

In the end not even second place was good enough, this was a close group and a good sign that we came so close.

november.png

A very good month until a shock defeat to Freiburg. We did secure more CL football, and Mihhailov has returned form his injury. 

november_league_table.png

Bayern and Leverkusen close by.

December 2033

december.png

A good month domestically, a shame we lost the last CL game though.

december_CL_group.png

That means we finished second in the group.

december_league_table.png

Halfway we're in first with a three point lead. Quite likely to have another long title race.

december_golden_boy.png

My young striker won the Golden Boy award!

december_estonia_GK_retires.png

Some bad news, this guy was still the first choice GK for the national team but he has chosen to retire.

January 2034

january.png

four goals in all three league matches...

january_league_table.png

Equal points as Bayern.

january_transfers_incoming.png

Three signings, for the future / rotation mostly.

january_transfers_outgoing.png

Heleno and Mora loaned out immediately, and I decided to sell Kallaste as he was barely getting any minutes here.

February 2034

february.png

A really tough month, facing RBL, Bayern and Leverkusen. We did not win any of those games, and that could have very well screwed up our chances at winning the title. We drew Man Utd in the first leg, but away is going to be very tough to get a result. At least we did very well in the cup and Magdeburg in the semi-final should not be a huge problem.

february_league_table.png

5 points behind, with 10 more games to go. Bayern going very strongly, and we'll be needing them to screw up while we have to get consecutive results. Freiburg still up there, well done to them so far.

Youth Intake 2034

Youth_Intake.png

I decided to change HoYD, I hired Thomas Müller, his first intake is quite good, a 'golden generation'. That term doesn't mean much in this FM, but this looks very good.

The two defensive midfielders seem like the stars, but striker Schaber and goalkeeper Danso aren't bad either. Not convinced by Stauch so far.

ypf5b.png

ypf5c.png

Not a bad name either.

ypf5f.png

ypf5h.png

March 2034

march.png

A good month but just needed a bit more luck against Man Utd. Still no European success this save...

march_league_table.png

Two points behind since Bayern lost to Sandhausen of all teams.

march_estonia.png

Two friendly wins against not the best opposition, a poor performance against Gibraltar but strong at home to the Northern Irish.

April 2034

april.png

It was what seemed like a fantastic month, until we lost to Freiburg for the second time this season!

april_league_table.png

Still, we managed to overtake Bayern. Two more games and we're on equal points, equal record even. We have scored almost double the amount of goals as they have though! We can still win the double or nothing.

May 2034

may.png

We did it!

may_final_league_table.png

Finished on equal points... but +30 better GD than Bayern.

may_title_win.png

may_cup_win.png

A double or a treble if you want to count the supercup. Now we need to improve in Europe next season.

2 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

Ah, the old if-you-can't-beat-'em-join-'em-switcharoo. Classic.

Exactly!

PSG (and Leverkusen) also offered me meetings, I took the PSG one so I could get some more transfer budget approved by the Frankfurt board when they tried to convince me to stay. That worked.

June 2034

june_estonia.png

Another Baltic Cup win, and this time it's definitely the most convincing one. We are clearly on another level now than these nations. Top 20 world ranking as well.

june_estonia_baltic_cup_group.png

june_estonia_baltic_cup_win.png

june_estonia_50_games.png

That's 50 Estonia games now, many more to come.

2034 Season Review

2034_season_review.png

A great season domestically, but slightly disappointing in Europe. Hopefully a bit more luck and another year under the talents' belts and we can have a better time next season.

2034_club_ranking_rise.png

We did improve our standings in Europe.

2034_best_eleven.png

2034_awards.png

No manager awards... second places.

Pre-Season & August 2034

pre_season_odds.png

Some improved odds thanks to two title wins and perhaps also our spending in the summer. I really went for it, to try and make us a CL contender.

transfers_incoming.png

I did not buy a huge amount of players but I did purposefully spend big amounts. Broda is a midfielder who can play both roles I use (CM-A and BWM) since he is well-rounded.

Jakub_Broda.png

Turnbull and Novotny are two backs to solidify those positions and the big signing Michael Furch is a central defender. I am happy with my attacking players but I really needed something extra defensively I felt. In various ways he was the best option available as I could afford him, he's 24 and can stay here for many years and I am just able to pay his wages. There were some players from England and PSG that I looked at but those wages are hard to deal with right now. It's also not a bad thing that he's German. The big down side of course here is that I had to pay Bayern 80M. 

Michael_Furch.png

transfers_outgoing_1.png

Outgoing there were quite a few deals - the usual loans for the young and talented a large part of that. Also I decided to let go some players that were not up to the level required anymore - sadly that included Ivanov. I'm keeping Rajaver and Mihhailov as my Estonian part of the squad, which in effect was already true last season, I just had Ivanov in the squad but barely playing.

The main big sale here is Ben Salem - one of the better players I inherited when I started here, but right now he's been relegated to about fourth choice AMC so I'm not too unhappy with the sum I received.

transfers_outgoing_2.png

After I bought Furch from Bayern I actually sold them a central defender of my own - Elmbach, whom I had bought for a meagre 100K a few years ago. He had developed well but I don't see him having a chance at becoming as good as Furch, so in essence I think I weakened their team. Of course they did make a profit of 45M here though.

transfers_top_spenders.png

Only Man City spent more than we did in the summer, with Bayern and RBL also showing up here. A little bit remarkable that no other English team spent more than 111M.

pre_season_august.png

We did very well in pre-season and official matches, only conceding twice and scoring a good amount. Another supercup in the bag. The league only starts in september for us, perhaps due to the world cup, which was won by Portugal for the second time this save!

pre_season_CL_draw.png

A promising CL group, this should be a first place.

900_games.png

Another milestone as well.

September 2034

september_estonia.png

So, so disappointing. We really should've done better against Norway, the match was pretty equal and at home we really should have got something. Now it's going to be tough to not get relegated from the B division.

september.png

Doing well with Frankfurt, winning the opening matches in the league and in the CL.

september_league_table.png

Already 5 points ahead of Bayern, Freiburg doing well again.

October 2034

october_estonia.png

Nope, we go back down to division C again. Maybe that's our level. A bit of a downer.

october.png

All seems to go well and then a very poor game against RBL, with a red for Mihhailov as well.

october_league_table.png

They are close, as are Freiburg! Bayern 5 points behind.

November 2034

november_estonia.png

Of course we then go on to beat Belgium...

november_estonia_group.png

division C again next time.

november.png

Good stuff with Frankfurt, although it was a bit surprising to draw against the Danish.

november_league_table.png

December 2034

december.png

Very strong again but just like last year Freiburg beat us...

december_league_table.png

A big 10 points lead on Bayern now.

december_CL_group.png

First in the CL group. Porto will be our first opponents in the knock-out rounds.

december_euro_qualifier_draw.png

Not an easy group, once again I would say we are a likely third.

moller_golden_boy.png

Edited by MarcxD

Seems like you're doing well with Frankfurt here Marc, I've not been reading recently tho, what's the status with the Estonians for Frankfurt, you've been able to use the club as a development hub for Estonian players? Or have you abandoned this idea?

10 hours ago, noikeee said:

Seems like you're doing well with Frankfurt here Marc, I've not been reading recently tho, what's the status with the Estonians for Frankfurt, you've been able to use the club as a development hub for Estonian players? Or have you abandoned this idea?

I am using two Estonians in my team now, Mihhailov (AMC) and Rajaver on right-back. I had two others, but it was kind of pointless to keep them in a squad where they were outclassed and I sold them after probably bringing them up to their highest level. I do have some Estonian staff.

I am now trying to get Mihhailov to become an Estonian CL winner, as he is the key man and best player of his generation. That would be a nice thing to achieve at least, with the Estonian thing in mind, and if I succeed I will likely resign from the club.

On 22/07/2018 at 17:28, mrenigma said:

Could you show your Thomas Müller attributes picture as HOYD?

Of course!

Thomas_Muller.png

There were better options available but out of the ones available with a good personality and high determination he seemed a good choice as a former player. I also have Vincent Kompany as assistant manager.

vincent_kompany.png

One of my favourite things on FM is to bring through former players as staff members, sometimes would much rather have a lesser quality former player than a better equipped regen staff member. Former players always tend to have better scouting knowledge which is always a bonus, especially Vincent there. 

3 minutes ago, Timetxu said:

Lol, just found out your game refers to Holland as "the Netherlands". How'd you fix that? It kind of always bugged me seeing Holland instead of the Netherlands.

Either the name fixes from sortitoutsi or the Claassen update, not sure.

12 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

One of my favourite things on FM is to bring through former players as staff members, sometimes would much rather have a lesser quality former player than a better equipped regen staff member. Former players always tend to have better scouting knowledge which is always a bonus, especially Vincent there. 

Yeah, that's true. It's also just more fun!

January 2035

january_incoming.png

Two African talents and a very good and cheap central defender, who goes in my first team immediately.

january_outgoing.png

I sold another central defender since he was moaning about being replaced. Yes, you were replaced. Bye.

january.png

Two decent league wins.

january_league_table.png

Youth Intake 2035

youth_intake_35.png

Looks great, just too bad that two of the three potential 5* players are goalkeepers!

Ow82AYa.png

His actual defensive attributes need a bit of work.

ypf6b.png

ypf6c.png

Pick one...

March 2035

march.png

Some dropped points in the league but a fantastic win over Porto!!

march_CL_draw.png

Next up... Atlético. We are also the only German team left in the competition.

march_league_table.png

Still a lead of 12 points.

march_estonia.png

The first results in the Euro Qualifying group were as you would expect, really.

June 2035

june_cl_win_game.png

YES!!

And it was Estonian Mihhailov who made sure of our winning the CL, with two goals. He is now the first ever Estonian CL winner! (I think)

june_mihhailov_cl_winner.png

june_cl_win.png

june_estonia.png

Two games with the national team followed, a good win in the qualifying group and in the friendly. Good stuff.

2035 Season Review

35_season_reviwe.png

Just fantastic, all around.

besteleven_35.png

squad_35.png

Very happy with the squad and what they did here...

35_awards.png

And some more awards.

But... the point of the Frankfurt career is kind of done. I wanted to make Mihhailov a CL winner and I did so. 

review_resignation.png

review_resignation_exodus.png

Two Estonian coaches left in my wake.

My plan is to stay as manager of the national team only for a while.

2037 would be a good time to return to club football in Estonia, as that would be 20 years since the start of this career.

On 25/07/2018 at 15:20, DefenseLover said:

WOW!, I don't read you for a day and I see you lift the UCL!

Better you played this during the intro: 

On 25/07/2018 at 15:28, Rikulec said:

:applause:

21 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic :cool: 

1 hour ago, oriole01 said:

Marvelous season, won everything you could :thup:. How much longer do you see yourself at Frankfurt now that the big trophies are out of the way?

Cheers guys. I actually already resigned! That was it. No more Frankfurt, just national team for a bit.

Rest of 2035 

frankfurt_new_manager.png

As Frankfurt manager I was replaced by Frank de Boer.

summer_transfers_outgoing_mihhailov_rajaver.png

He sold Mihhailov to Bayern and Rajaver to Las Palmas, so he immediately got rid of the Estonians.

2035_games_estonia.png

We did pretty well overall, but we just needed a bit more luck against Poland.

2035_euro_qual_group.png

Fair final result.

2035_wcq_draw.png

The WCQ group we have been drawn in is intresting again, normally we should battle it out with the Czechs for second place. Lithuania again...

2036_estonia_games.png

Hopeless in the play-offs for euro 2036, so no repeat of 2032 sadly. We did win the Baltic Cup again. and did pretty well in the nations league after a bad start.

2036_estonia_group.png

We'll be back in the B division next time around.

January 2037 - Return to Estonia

Twenty years after I started this career at Flora, I will be returning to the Estonian leagues. A smaller club than Flora ever was in this save, and I'll be looking to build them up for however long that takes. 

2037_ajax_job.png

2037_ajax_job_2.png

A club with this name, that was a bit too appealing. They are fully professional and play in the second tier. It will take a while before they can battle with Flora for the first division title, and this will be the last part of this career.

Pre-Season 2037

pre_season_transfers.png

Needed to improve the squad a whole lot - while having to look for homegrown players that I could afford. Which explains why I bought multiple players from the same team... There was no GK at the club and barely any backs, and other positions needed improvement as well. One of the better players at the club was sold, to get some money in. 

pre_season.png

Pre-season went very well really, surprisingly close against Dinamo and convincing wins elsewhere, and kept Levadia to a draw, they are our parent club in the highest league.

pre_season_odds.png

Predicted 5th, I would like to get play-offs for promotion at least.

March 2037

march.png

Pretty good start to the season.

march_league_table.png

Up there, unlike Flora u21. 

march_estonia.png

The toughest two games of the qualifiers were our starting games... a point isn't terrible.

April 2037

april.png

Not quite as good a month, a lot of close games that just did not go our way. Out of the cup as well.

april_league_table.png

Paide looking very good for the title and automatic promotion already, the goal is still play-offs. 

June 2037

june.png

Some more good results.

june_league_table.png

june_estonia.png

Double games against the Lithuanians, two good wins - even if we needed a 95th minute goal from Vadim at home.

june_1k_games.png

The big milestone after more than 20 years of management.

July 2037

july_transfers_in.png

Two free signings to bolster the squad...

july_transfers_out.png

And our affiliate wanted to raid our u21s.

july.png

Ups and downs like pretty much every month... but overall good.

july_league_table.png

3 points from the top and now a bigger lead on third place, things are looking good so far.