Estonishing! (Part III: Return to Estonia)

MarcxD

Pre-Season & August 2031

2031_transfers.png

A busy transfer summer, and I spent quite a bit of cash. All new players except for Elmbach go in to the first team squad right away, so quite the overhaul. The biggest transfer of the year is Mihhailov, the best Estonian player of this save. I was surprised Flora let him go this cheaply, the previous summer my scouts thought he would cost at least 20M.

Mihhailov.png

With regards to the other new signings... Svensson is a very talented striker and in Anderson I bought another talented Swedish attacker, he is an AMR. Mirzaei is a rotational/back-up midfielder, Elmbach a central defender for the future, Vallejo a very experienced central defender to add some robustness at the back for at least one season and Kornilenko is a goalkeeper. 

As far as the outgoings are concerned, nothing big really. Alig was rotated with Estonian Rajaver last year, this gives me the opportunity to give Rajaver more minutes.

2031_pre_season.png

A promising pre-season against varied opposition. 

2031_odds.png

Only predicted to finish tenth, but a top 6/7 finish for European football should be the lowest expectation surely.

august.png

We had two ridiculous tough games to start the season with but we did very well, especially against Bayern :D

august_league_table.png

august_cl_draw.png

We have also seen what our CL group looks like. Oh dear.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September 2031

september_estonia.png

Happy with the convincing win...

september_estonia_group.png

september.png

We continued doing very well, and the schedulers really are bastards. Facing RBL, Bayern and Dortmund to start a season with?? But we got 7 points from those games...

september_league_table.png

Which keeps us in first place. Together with Schalke (6 draws!) the only unbeaten team left.

October 2031

october_estonia.png

A very impressive result agains tthe Dutch, but sadly we couldn't repeat it against Romania.

october_estonia_group.png

october.png

First loss in the league came this month, and still no win in the CL. Good convincing stuff in the cup at least.

october_league_table.png

I hadn't really noticed it before, but Germany is now fifth in the rankings so there's one less qualification spot for the CL. Top three won't be easy.

November 2031

november_estonia.png

Awesome to get two more wins, we have done pretty well overall in the group.

november_estonia_group.png

Two nations were better, clearly, but only three points behind Romania and finishing above Wales is a nice showing of where we are right now.

november_estonia_goalscoring_record.png

A nice milestone for Savitski, interestingly enough Oper is my current assistant at the national team.

november.png

At club level it was a month of highs and lows, including some good wins and our first CL win, but also two disappointing losses in the league.

november_league_table.png

It's a close league, all clubs drop points here and there, even Bayern are.

21 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

november_estonia_goalscoring_record.png

A nice milestone for Savitski, interestingly enough Oper is my current assistant at the national team.

Beating the record of one of the Greatest of All Time Andres Oper. He once signed my favourite scarf before it was stolen at my previous high school. Oh the memories.

December 2031

december.png

Ouch, losing to Bielefeld and getting destroyed by Atletico... but we also beat Bayern in the cup. We are not consistent.

december_CL_group.png

Tough group and we never looked like doing anything here.

december_league_table.png

Bayern running away now, but oh my there are a lot of clubs fighting for the spots behind them.

december_estonia_draw.png

This world cup qualifying group seems very interesting, no super weak or super strong teams. But then you notice Scotland was the first seed and they are 8th in the rankings?!

december_estonia_ranking_record.png

Going upwards...

January 2032

january_transfers_out.png

A busy transfer month, with these outgoing players - a bunch of dead wood and one big sale in Tom Veerman, I signed him for 4.4M so exactly made 10 times that with the initial fee. With a few other talented forwards at the club this felt like the right thing to do.

january_transfers_in.png

I used some of that money to get new players in - Negredo and Sanchez are both AML's, Ilic is a real BWM which I needed and Villegas, Marques and Ortiz are more talents for the future but might stake a place this season already.

january.png

Just like the start of the season, the start of the new year was a crazy triple header to use the f1 term against Bayern, RBL and Dortmund. And once again we did very well, 5 points and a ton of goals scored (and conceded).

january_league_table.png

36, 36, 35, 34, 34, 32, 31, 31 points for teams 2-9th. Crazy tight. We need some consecutive wins to really make sure of a top three finish.

February 2032

february.png

A very good month and made it to the semi-final of the cup.

february_league_table.png

Not getting any closer to Bayern, but we have made a good step ahead of the rivals for CL football.

March 2032

march.png

Crazy, crazy stuff. Last year a 9-4 win and now a 9-3. 13 goals in the other two matches as well....

march_league_table.png

Looking better and better in the second place.

But, more importantly, we had a chance of qualifying for the very first time for the European Championship.

march_estonia.png

We did it!!!

march_estonia_qualification.png

Not sure how we'll be able to do anything there, but this is a huge milestone.

1 minute ago, Timetxu said:

Yes!!! This new playoff format is going to be so wacky in real life, though :D

It's bizarre. I wonder how long this nation league will last, but UEFA and FIFA seem to love it.

May 2032

may_100th_frankfurt_game.png

First milestone at Frankfurt, I am liking it here so far.

may.png

A great end to the league season, but we just couldn't do it in the cup final.

may_final_league_table.png

We came remarkably close to the title but our run started too late to challenge Bayern. Two second places, in effect. Too bad, but the title should definitely be possible within a few seasons, maybe even next year.

may_record_high.png

may_upgrades.png

Some good stuff for the club at least. 

Season is not over yet, though, with a busy time ahead for the Estonian national team - first the Baltic Cup and then Euro 2032.

2032 Season Review

2032_season_review.png

Happy with how things have went in the second half of the season especially, the first was a little bit too inconsistent. The squad is very talented though, so a title is definitely possible soon-ish. The only real disappointment was our bad run in the CL.

2032_best_eleven.png

Varied performances, very happy with Mihhailov who asked for a new contract already and got one - he is now the highest earner by a mile. Also very happy with Negredo who I could sign quite cheaply since I had already agreed a contract for him in the summer anyway. Also notice Möller, a young striker from the club's academy (before I joined the club).

2032_squad.png

Like the varied flags here...

2032_awards.png

Won the manager awards again, and an Estonian award winner as well!

2032 Baltic Cup / Euro 2032 Squad

I'm using the same squad for both tournaments and the Baltic Cup will serve as warm up, no friendlies.

june_2032_estonia_squad.png

Some very goodplayers, and some not so much. Still no good strikers, sadly. Although you can't be mad at what Savitski has done with his talent... 40 goals in 66 matches for his country.

june_baltic_cup.png

A good showing in the Baltic Cup, with a heavily rotated side in the second match.

june_baltic_cup_table.png

june_baltic_cup_win.png

Euro 2032 Group

euro_2032_group_games.png

Fantastic start to the tournament with a win, and we almost did the same against Norway but they scored two goals in the end of that match. England was just too strong.

euro_2032_groups_a_d.png

France already out, remarkably...

euro_2032_groups_e_f.png

But we are not! We have just made it to the second round!

euro_2032_second_round_draw.png

Up next ... Spain. 

Euro 2032 Knockout

euro_2032_second_round.png

Unsurprisingly we were blown away by Spain...

euro_2032_pyramid.png

England won an international tournament in FM, who would've thought? It was held in England as well. 

On 12/07/2018 at 18:27, dllu said:

Kosovo qualified?? :eek:

Yeah!

qualify_kosovo.png

19 hours ago, rodesire said:

They're usually really good on my save and it really confuses me, cos they're not really a powerhouse

As Rodesire said it's not too uncommon in FM this year.

It is slightly surprising but on the other hand they really only count as minnows since they are so new, I do feel there is much room for them to grow, they have some decent players already.

Kosovo is actually on a shortlist of saves I want to do at some point, not likely I will do it before FM19 though.

Pre-Season + August 2032

national_offers.png

After the Euro's I got some nice offers but I rejected them all.

pre_season_transfers.png

Off-loading some more players and loaning others out - and signing some new players - Rodriguez another rotational striker option, Suk a great AMR talent, and Dianu an AML. I really didn't need another one at that position but this was too good of an opportunity. Kallaste is another former Flora player who I can use as back-up player and Pascal is a GK for the far future.

Ovidiu_Dianu.png

Fantastic stuff.

huser_deal_contract_rejected.png

There was the option for a relatively big sale in Huser, a first team midfielder, but he rejected the contract Real Madrid offered.

pre_season_odds.png

Big increase in odds, single digits now! Top 3 once again will be the minimum goal. We'll have to see how the league goes, if Bayern has a mediocre season like last year we could have a shot at the title.

pre_season_august.png

Pre-season went smoothly and the first official matches were goal-fests. Just what I want to see.

august_league_table.png

pre_season_CL_draw.png

The CL draw is a bit better than last year. Still not easy, but it almost never is. Should qualify if we play to our standard.

Edited by MarcxD

September 2032

september_estonia.png

Two very close games, and two draws. I guess both are fair results, although we were 3-0 up against Israel so that is quite disappointing.

The goal will be to not get relegated, it is quite remarkable to see Sweden here.

september.png

Good month for Vadim, but not super happy with our performances so far. Pleasing to at least get a win in the CL.

In first, not sure what Sandhausen is doing at the top of the table.

October 2032

october_estonia.png

We really needed that win.

october_estonia_group.png

It's going to be a close one...

october.png

First loss in the league, but some convincing wins elsewhere including a huge win over Dortmund and 3 more points in the CL, so can't really be displeased here!

october_league_table.png

Still in first, equal record as RBL and Bayern. 

october_800_games.png

Another milestone...

November 2032

november_estonia.png

Huge results in the nation league, with some late goals to deliver the wins.

november_estonia_group.png

Another promotion! Sweden down to the D division... B division might very well be too tough for us but good to see the progress like this.

november.png

Disappointing loss to Kaiserslautern in the league, but otherwise a pretty good month. New signing Yoon-Suk got a few games and he impressed.

november_league_table.png

Bayern doing well, it won't be easy to keep up with them.

December 2032

december.png

We had what seemed like a fantastic month after a win in the CL and a huge 3-0 over Bayern, but then we screwed up against Sandhausen of all teams... and needed extra time in the cup.

december_league_table.png

Halfway the title race is on for sure.

december_cl_group.png

We made it out of the group this year, quite convincingly as well.

december_cl_draw.png

Tottenham will be a tough opposition. Worth noticing I guess that the top 5 countries are the only ones still represented, not even Portugal.

Just now, MarcxD said:

december_cl_draw.png

Tottenham will be a tough opposition. Worth noticing I guess that the top 5 countries are the only ones still represented, not even Portugal.

Guess that's what UEFA had in mind when they changed the format... :rolleyes:

January 2033

january.png

A pretty strong start to the new year.

january_league_table.png

In first again!

january_transfers_outgoing.png

Two outgoing players this month, nothing exciting though.

january_transfers_incoming.png

Incoming though... quite a few, and that adds up to a bit of money. The first three signings are young talents for the future, but I got busy on deadline day. I looked at the players that were transferlisted and got in some robust, more experienced improvements for the squad - three defenders and a midfielder so that all positions now have multiple good options. They are all on pretty big contracts (for my current situation), but we can afford it.

Well done! That is one tough league to win, but you played really well with the right amount of consistency. Excited to see if you can push on in Europe in the coming seasons.

20 hours ago, After said:

Great achievement! :applause:

19 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Well done! That is one tough league to win, but you played really well with the right amount of consistency. Excited to see if you can push on in Europe in the coming seasons.

3 hours ago, kidthekid said:

congrats on the league win and also the consolation win against Spurs.

54 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Beautifully done :applause:

How are Estonian teams doing?  Any new notable regens for them?

Thanks guys.

There are a few regens of note.

Not Mihhailov level mind you, but potentially useful.

Just took a look at the players in my national pool who are still eligible for the u-21s, these are the best five more or less:

Roman_M_gi.png

estonia_dmitrijev.png

estonia_smirnov.png

There are also two young strikers, whom I've both already given a chance in the team since there aren't really any good strikers still.

estonia_poom.png

estonia_tikhomirov.png

June 2033 with Estonia and Frankfurt Season Review

june_estonia.png

Only the one qualifier for us in June, and a slightly disappointing result although I did not expect much.

june_estonia_group.png

Scotland and Croatia seem to be fighting for the automatic qualification spot and the other team will likely take second and will hope that that will be enough to qualify. The other teams in the group are already kind of looking at an impossible task.

season_review_33.png

A great season with more consistency, the squad has been improved and I feel we are ready to fight for another title, but not yet to do too much in Europe. That will take a few more years.

The Monaco job came up and I actually thought about it and took the meeting but in the end it didn't matter too much since they wanted me to buy high-profile players and I didn't want to do that.

best_eleven_33.png

It's great to see that Mihhailov is my star and key player. Bayern has actually offered 65M+ for him but obviously I rejected that deal.

squad_33.png

I don't see myself doing too much business in the summer, although it obviously depends on who will leave. Very likely my first choice GK Kornilenko as he's on a contract which has a 4M foreign release clause (!), that won't last long and he's asking crazy wages. Vallejo is retiring and Roussel and Ammerman will leave for sure.

EFlrYOB.png

Quite a few awards, although I only won one of the two manager of the year awards.

Congrats on the league win. Fairing well on the international stage considering the quality of players available. 

Did rejecting the offer for Mihhailov not make him unhappy? Can you post a screenshot of him please? 

37 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Congrats on the league win. Fairing well on the international stage considering the quality of players available. 

Did rejecting the offer for Mihhailov not make him unhappy? Can you post a screenshot of him please? 

A bit, but now he got injured for multiple months :( At least it'll be unlikely a new offer comes in.

pre_season_Mihhailov_injury.png

Mihhailov.png

Pre-Season + August 2033

pre_season_odds.png

Slight increase in odds.

pre_season_transfers.png

A huge transfer window with two big sales in Luis Rodríguez - a striker I signed on a free last year and did very well for us. Making 67M in a year is not bad, I'd say, and the young strikers at the club are going to get their chance to shine this year. Huser was also finally sold after a few attempts by various clubs, since his minimum release fee was 48M this deal was pretty good.

Incoming some big talents who will slot in the first team squad. I needed new goalkeeper(s) so Braña was signed and Bernardinetti as back-up. Orozco a central defender, and Jaci a hugely talented versatile player, his attributes are good for a variety of positions although he's mostly trained as a midfielder and he'll likely play there for most of his matches here. Coulibaly a back-up ball-winning midfielder and Wallace a new left-back since Slavisa Maric was not totally to my liking and he was sold to Dortmund.

Aroldo_Jaci.png

pre_season_august.png

We did very well in the start of the season and we won the supercup. Strong start from Möller who is now first-choice striker, with Vasalas as back-up who did well for himself in the cup.

pre_season_CL_draw.png

An interesting CL group, with Betis the reigning Europa League winners.

august_league_table.png

Dortmund, Schalke and Bayern have also started with two wins.

September 2033

september_estonia.png

Two huge home wins! We needed two extra time goals against Scotland.

And just like that we're back in it, it's going to be close for first place. Not great for second place best off ranks though.

september.png

Lost to Bayern in the league and to Juventus in the CL, but it's not like we were outclassed. I can definitely live with these results.

Dropped a few places and Bayern is still 100%.