Help for champions league and qualification

fracsauce

Hi i created a database for the USA and Canada and did an overhaul of the Concacaf Champions league but I'm having a problem with a few things. 

1. How do i have the game show the seeding like with the Uefa CL

2. How do i get the league qualification spots to wait for the results of cup competitions before assigning the qualification spots.

3. How do i get qualification spots to rearrange based upon rising and falling league reputations.

4. for some reason i can't get the relegation playoff for the MLS to work when it is set up the same for every other league and works fine (winning teams in semi final currently going to final with 

5. How do i get the cup competitions to show that the winner qualifies for the champions league in the competition rules in game

6. How do i get the league rules (in Game) to show the continental qualification spots

Link to editor file download http://www.mediafire.com/file/83cnucca1gs25ap/USA%2B+CAN.fmf

Any info on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there. Will try to help where I can here

1. To get the game to show seedings like with the UEFA CL:
- Open up the competition in the drop down on the left and then click the Competition tab
- Then tick the Flags option and select Show Continental Cup Seedings

2. To get league qualification spots to wait for the results of cup competitions before assigning the qualification spots:
- Under the Continent drop down, click the Teams tab
- Create a new row, and under the Type option select Nation FA Cup Winner
- Then select how many nations this applies to and their seeding in the competition etc

3. To get qualification spots to rearrange based on rising and falling league positions:
- Click on your competition on the left hand side, and you should find a Mode option
- Select Override Rules In Code, or Combined With Rules In Code (If you're not looking to eliminate anything that exists)
- For mine I had to select Edited Rules (Overrides All Original Rules) because the seeding was messing up, so you may want to take note of this. It means that co-efficients remain unchanged each year but I found it works the best and without any errors

4. I'm not too familiar with creating leagues or playoff rules so somebody else may need to step in and help on this one.

5. To get cup competitions to show that the winner qualifies for the Champions League:
- To do this you would have to rebuild each cup competition that has a team qualify from scratch
- Then you would have to add 2 Fate Actions to the final with the following

Qualify Team For Competition, Final (Round Name), Winning Team, Seeding Number in Competition, Hidden (Qualification Type)
Set Continental Cup, Final (Round Name), Winning Team, Competition Name

6. I don't think there is a way to get the leagues to show qualification spots, but if there is I'd also like to know this. Could be one for the new features board I think.

Happy editing. If you need any more help just let me know

4 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Hi there. Will try to help where I can here

1. To get the game to show seedings like with the UEFA CL:
- Open up the competition in the drop down on the left and then click the Competition tab
- Then tick the Flags option and select Show Continental Cup Seedings

2. To get league qualification spots to wait for the results of cup competitions before assigning the qualification spots:
- Under the Continent drop down, click the Teams tab
- Create a new row, and under the Type option select Nation FA Cup Winner
- Then select how many nations this applies to and their seeding in the competition etc

3. To get qualification spots to rearrange based on rising and falling league positions:
- Click on your competition on the left hand side, and you should find a Mode option
- Select Override Rules In Code, or Combined With Rules In Code (If you're not looking to eliminate anything that exists)
- For mine I had to select Edited Rules (Overrides All Original Rules) because the seeding was messing up, so you may want to take note of this. It means that co-efficients remain unchanged each year but I found it works the best and without any errors

4. I'm not too familiar with creating leagues or playoff rules so somebody else may need to step in and help on this one.

5. To get cup competitions to show that the winner qualifies for the Champions League:
- To do this you would have to rebuild each cup competition that has a team qualify from scratch
- Then you would have to add 2 Fate Actions to the final with the following

Qualify Team For Competition, Final (Round Name), Winning Team, Seeding Number in Competition, Hidden (Qualification Type)
Set Continental Cup, Final (Round Name), Winning Team, Competition Name

6. I don't think there is a way to get the leagues to show qualification spots, but if there is I'd also like to know this. Could be one for the new features board I think.

Happy editing. If you need any more help just let me know

thanks for the help greatly appreciated

Archived