I've managed to mess up the match screen title bar. Any suggestions

Gazza88

So I managed to sort my previous problem out 

Everywhere was working fine until I went to progress my save and got to my next club match for the title bar to show the following:

1068820585_2018-06-06(6).thumb.png.1a606174c3f4ed1a44e95145be9b98be.png

As you can see It's all gone a bit wrong. The main body is fine ( I just took the screenshot mid animation) 

I'm guessing In my attempt to modify "client object browser.xml" I've inadvertently edited out the "pitch" "analysis" "updates" etc bits just under the header (the "match title bar.xml" hasn't been touched and is the same as original in skin) I can't see any indication in the default skin that client object browser contained the missing parts under the header.

So I managed to get to this point. Now my match timeline has disappeared 

2018-06-07.thumb.png.5614e01a38725436e04e44ed066b055f.png

I'm not sure what it is I've done this time lol.

the code for that areas is 

<container class="bordered_box" appearance="boxes/custom/match/timebar/paper">
          <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!--match timeline-->
          <container id="mtml">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" apply_to_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- an animation just to delay widget hiding-->
            <!--<animation class="fade_animation" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_value="true" start_value="1" end_value="1" duration="1" end_mode="stop"/>-->

<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true">
              <list id="get_properties">
                <record get_property="TTyp" test_mode="1" value="1" skip_if_null="false"/>
                <record get_property="dtty" test_mode="1" comparison_mode="1" value="53" skip_if_null="false"/>
                <record get_property="Tmts" test_mode="1" comparison_mode="1" value="2" skip_if_null="true"/>
              </list>
              <integer id="set_property" value="hidn"/>
            </attachment>

<container/>
            <container class="match_flow_graphic_panel">
              <record id="object_property">
                <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
              </record>
            </container>

</container>

<!--match time bar-->
          <widget class="match_time_slider_game_panel" id="mtSL">
            <!-- slide in from right when shown, out left when hidden-->
            <animation class="slide_in_left_animation"  trigger_id="hidden" trigger_value="false" end_mode="stop"/>
            <animation class="slide_in_right_animation" trigger_id="hidden" trigger_value="true" end_mode="hold_end"/>

<record id="object_property">
              <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
              <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
            </record>

<attachment class="test_multiple_globals_attachment" default_value="true">
              <list id="get_properties">
                <record get_property="TTyp" test_mode="1" value="1" skip_if_null="false"/>
                <record get_property="dtty" test_mode="1" comparison_mode="1" value="53" skip_if_null="false"/>
                <record get_property="Tmts" test_mode="1" comparison_mode="1" value="1" skip_if_null="true"/>
              </list>
              <integer id="set_property" value="hidn"/>
            </attachment>
          </widget>

<!--captions-->
          <widget class="match_caption_panel" id="MCap">
            <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt" />
          </widget>
        </container>

I switched to the original scoreboard  selector skin and its supposed to look like that, except for the bit under the scoreboard ("pitch" "analysis"the weather and division etc) is just to the right of the score board next to the "save match" bit with the time line above.

I chose to look at that match because of the high number of goals and incidents. It not even invisible. Its just non exixtant. I might see if I can move the time line to the bottom of the screen. Or just go thought the code again and see if I can spot anything else. 

I should mention as well I've attempted to undo the scoreboard selector and just have that one scoreboard. 

I'm also at work at the minute so will try this evening. 

Also if you mess up editing a custom skin, then the best thing to do is keep a clean version of the skin so you can then compare your edited version against the original one for that skin to see what you have changed.

And as D_LO_ said the match screens are fairly temperamental in FM18, and you might find just exiting and restarting the game fixes the issue as the game will sometimes only reload things on a restart instead of a reload of the skin.

I've managed to get the continue button to be like default (I prefer the big button) and got the timeline to show up at the correct layout for me. My next issue is the team colour section of the scoreboard. There's black bars above and is bugging me.

1076894263_2018-06-08(1).thumb.png.7bba4068e9415f74ae4ded87bea27df2.png

I can fix it by adjusting the height but it breaks the grey/blue bar on the timeline (am I correct this is a "paper.png" issue?) 

131743865_2018-06-08(2).thumb.png.8e81f26ce049cf5bb7a325949a0aaf21.png

EDIT: ill check see if I can adjust the team colours to fill the box. 

I've adjusted the height and now it fits in nicely.

As an aside. My "match title bar.xml" has the main container height at 90. Is there a way to get another container inside that one to be smaller? say set the scoreboard to be at 75, while everything else is at 90?

For the top row I have a container. inside that container is the "back button" code and another container, Inside the next container is the scoreboard. I've tried giving this container a height="75" attribute but it has no effect. Even if I change it to 750 or just 7. 

I've attached my current butchered match title bar file. although I think I may have to start afresh and try not to be too clever about it. The file is working and looks like the first on the 2 screenshots a couple of posts ago. 

match title bar.xml

Many thanks for your help. I found out to issue. it made me think about what you said about max height (after the 30 for the bar under the scoreboard. I realise I'd set a height of 75 in the code but as you say the max is 55-60. I found any higher than that an it ignores it and sets it to the maximum. So when I said changing the top-most value (90 in the xml I shared) to a lower number of, say 75, means that only 45 was left and so was the maximum (hence it "fit" perfectly)

So keeping the main container to 90 (fixing the time bar)  I could set the code on line 28 of my xml to a height of 45 (10-20 less than maximum) gave me a correctly sized scoreboard and a correctly sized timeline bar. 

Perhaps could do with moving the scoreboard down a touch so it's in the middle but I can play with the offsets later see if I can move it. Here is the fruits of my labour.

1710746913_2018-06-09(1).thumb.png.64d4d90e03b36e67ff2b1190c62a1eb1.png

Never mind just needed to add 

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="middle" offset="0" gap="-2"/>

to the scoreboard container and it places it in the middle for me.

906577109_2018-06-09(2).thumb.png.325d984bbe54ffafbb2e8b67844a9109.png

Archived